Quantcast

texas monkeys

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
List I have ever seen ,enya ,ya like goes in ya :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,hey so have you piled up that cow crap so`s you can DH :eek: :eek: :eek: J/K how have you been ,I felt like sluming so I went to mullit lodge

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
yikes, i guess our musical tastes (mariah carey? bryan adams? dido? goo goo dolls?) don't overlap much, do they? :rolleyes:

and those are just the ones i haven't archived to cdr yet...i've got 106 cdrs filled w/ mp3 files as well. and don't get me started on my lps, cds, and 7"/10" singles collection.

yeah, it's a sickness. :)

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you guys know any freeware that will organize music files? my crap's so scattered around...it sucks.

this is my most broad list. in all it's about 3.5gigs.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by the Inbred
you guys know any freeware that will organize music files? my crap's so scattered around...it sucks.

this is my most broad list. in all it's about 3.5gigs.
take a look @ my last directory listing; there's an exe file called mp3collector.exe.

i d/l'd that after i'd already setup a basic excel file for sorting out my mp3s, so i haven't transferred the data at all. take a look at collectorz.com for more info.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by shocktower
List I have ever seen ,enya ,ya like goes in ya :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ,hey so have you piled up that cow crap so`s you can DH :eek: :eek: :eek: J/K how have you been ,I felt like sluming so I went to mullit lodge
uhhh i'm ok. shaved my head and now i have a mullit. what to see?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by The Toninator
narlus dude i dont even know who most of your artists are:monkey: looks cool though
that's the great thing about music sharing apps - you aren't a slave to the radio and can find out way more cool stuff than what's force fed to you via some lameass playlist maker or mtv hack.

but music is all good, if you think about it

:thumb:

Jun 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Narlus, nice collection, we have some stuff in common!

Mogwai, Silkworm, Gang of Four, Mission of Burma, Robet Pollard, Yo la Tengo, Jeff Tweedy (or any Uncle Tupelo/Wilco), Stereolab, Minutemen, etc.

My band (little grizzly) opened up for Explosions in the Sky a few months back in Dallas, and we're hoping to play with Silkworm next month in Chicago, but it's not booked yet.

BTW - there should be a Texas tour very soon of Mogwai and The New Year (ex Bedhead). Very cool!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by LittleGrizzly
Narlus, nice collection, we have some stuff in common!

Mogwai, Silkworm, Gang of Four, Mission of Burma, Robet Pollard, Yo la Tengo, Jeff Tweedy (or any Uncle Tupelo/Wilco), Stereolab, Minutemen, etc.

My band (little grizzly) opened up for Explosions in the Sky a few months back in Dallas, and we're hoping to play with Silkworm next month in Chicago, but it's not booked yet.

BTW - there should be a Texas tour very soon of Mogwai and The New Year (ex Bedhead). Very cool!
someon on the FTP site just up'd the Explosions in the Sky debut lp, so i'm keen to hear it.

silkworm is a cool band, but can be hot and cold. i like _firewater_ the best by far: nothing can top "swings" in my silkworm book.

gotta like the GBV/pollard axis too; tons of stuff out there, but most of it is good to great.

what's the name of your band?

are you into any of the charalambides scene down there (or worship guitars/fleece/etc)? they blew into boston a few months ago but i missed 'em. did see them a few years back on a siltbreeze night (harry pussy and the shadow ring also played).

oh yeah, ira, georgia and james rule! :thumb:

Jun 30, 2002
Denton, TX
The name of my band is "Little Grizzly", and though we played with Explosions in the Sky, I'm not really a big fan of them, it's a little too droney for me.

Ira, George, and James do indeed rule, and they were excellent last time they came through Dallas!!!

charalambides scene? Hadn't heard of that, but I'll be sure and check it out.

Do you like Macha?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by LittleGrizzly

Ira, George, and James do indeed rule, and they were excellent last time they came through Dallas!!!
missed 'em in boston when they played along to the marine-based silent films (which they just released a cd of, though haven't heard it). a few friends went and said it was pretty cool.

charalambides scene? Hadn't heard of that, but I'll be sure and check it out.
well if explosions in the sky are a bit too droney for you, the work of tom and christina carter might not float yr boat. a lot of their stuff is out of print now, but you still might be able to find stuff
used (esp down in TX).

Do you like Macha?
i've only heard the split they did w/ bedhead, which was pretty good. i liked bedhead better, though (and am guessing most did!).

Jun 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Originally posted by narlus

i've only heard the split they did w/ bedhead, which was pretty good. i liked bedhead better, though (and am guessing most did!).
Yeah, most do like bedhead better. You should check out The New Year, the newest incarnation of the Kadane brothers that did all the writing in Bedhead. I saw them here a couple months ago and it was great.

I dig Macha, and I really like the instrumental soundtrackish music, like Tuatara. I like Macha on most other stuff besides the split EP. One of the Macha guys is now doing Seaworthy, which is pretty good... they opened for that New Year show I mentioned.