Quantcast

~~~tgif gmt~~~

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMFG LOLonthefloorlaughing!!! Happy Friday! Today is really like my Thursday, since I have to work tomorrow (system updates need my production signoff). But at least the office will be empty and I can play loud music and it's only a half day. I am sure the wife will keep me plenty entertained the rest of the day. MTB Sunday most likely, like we seem to do every Sunday. Two weeks from right now, we'll be hitting the road for Monkeyfest 2010 v2.0.

Dinner date with the wife tonight. :weee:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Yesterday was a beautiful sunrise behind the Stockholm skyline on my ride to work, today was fog so thick that I couldn't see 50ft in front of me.

The cold weather is coming.

Need to buy a rear rack for the wife's grocery getter bike.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - some new to me wheels arrived yesterday. Hope hubs are pretty sweet!

Golf Tourney Dinner for our hockey organization tonight. Should be fun. I hope I win a good raffle prize or two.

Jul 6, 2010
Near Philly
Morning everyone! I got classes til noon and then its off to do homework b4 the weekend starts. Me and my GF are gonna hang out a while too...possibly all weekend. im excited :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning!
I have to work half a day tomorrow too, so today is like my Thursday and a half.
Mountain bike ride Saturday afternoon at White Ranch, then last DH day at Winter Park on Sunday. Oh, and squeeze a little party in there on Sat. night too.

It was snowing in the mountains yesterday. :twitch:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hanging out here at the shop waiting for some paperwork.
Rocked out about 10 miles yesterday in the 95 degree heat. The post-ride beers really tasted great. :thumb:

Y'all have a great day!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
hello! I have not been around lately, thought I'd pop in and say hi. I'm super busy at work, and we just bought another house and moved! Riding, swimming, unpacking, working, drinking beer.... Live is good. Hope everyone here is ok and I haven't missed too much.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
good morning,

leaving work early to go Hand orthopaedist I had seen previously, hopefully he can give me better insight whether I re-broke my scaphoid, and how the plate and screws in my radius are looking.
gonna have to rely on family to wash my clothes and hopefully replace the front swaybar links in my van.

hope you all have a more interesting and active weekend than mine, use those functional arms to grab some handlebars!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've been off the bike for a month due to a wrist injury. So much for the race I was training for.

FRIDAY!

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Thats pretty weak man. What race?
California Golden State DH @ Fontana Oct 9-10

Conditioning-wise, I've gone from Hero to Zero. I'm in a brace and can hold handlebars sitting down with minimal pain. However, if I stand up and give it any lateral movement, like pedaling, *lightning* it's not going to happen.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Happy Monkey Friday!

I get to work this weekend to make up for the 2 days I was sick earlier this week, yea!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Good morning.
Yesterday was my Friday, so I'm just chilling this morning, having some coffee.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
16V?......detail the bumpers/flairs/side molding please.
You haven't seen this before?! It is for sale actually. Looking for $4,500 for everything (no bike included)

1991 2.0L 16v Jetta GLI.

-k&n air filter
-neuspeed p-chip
-neuspeed cables
-bilstein/eibachs
-VR6 conversion strut bearing
-poly eurythane bushings on the rears
-momo shift knob and boot
-momo monte carlo steering wheel
-alpine cd/mp3 deck
-rallye headlights outer has been converted to e30 lights
-hella taillights
-G60 flares around
-clifford alarm and keyless entry
-refinished BBS rs033, painted, polished

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
California Golden State DH @ Fontana Oct 9-10

Conditioning-wise, I've gone from Hero to Zero. I'm in a brace and can hold handlebars sitting down with minimal pain. However, if I stand up and give it any lateral movement, like pedaling, *lightning* it's not going to happen.
That sucks man. =\

I am hopefully going to make it down there for a race one of these days. I will hit you up whenever I do!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.

I think L has mono & I think I gave it to her but I got over it a lot quicker....i hope she feels better soon.

Gonna brew some beer this weekend & hit up a neighborhood festival down the street. Gonna be a low key weekend.

CurbJumper

Turbo Monkey
Aug 31, 2010
Central FL
Nice Mk2.

I agree! Need some Krylon Fusion on those bumps and flares though :thumb::D

Didn't do much today. Started doing a little yoga as I was slowly getting back problems. Went for a little longboard session and now I'm sitting down with a beer and a bowl. Might go for a little night ride later.

Oh, here are a couple pics of my Mk2 for good measure ;) She's just a lowly 1.8l 8v for now. Soon to have an ABA-T or 16v-T w/ ABA block.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
NICE!

That photo with the fenders all faded is old, they look a lot better now. Nice looking GTI man! I love the 3 wheel shots. I am a HUGE Corrado nut, so I know all about it. I miss my stage 5 G60.