Quantcast

***TGIfreakingF***

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Well, whilst far from fixed my knee feels a tonne better than yesterday. I can actually extend it straight this morning and I’m not in constant pain but it still doesn’t like weight. Progress! How are y’all Covidmonkies?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
More ice huts are out today.

But holy crap, the wind out on the lake was ice cold. My thumbs almost fell off trying to light my joint.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent an hour on the phone with UPS over the small box I shipped a shock in 200 miles away that I expected to pay $22.00, and got billed $165. After 50 minutes of getting no where being polite, I got rather angry and got it knocked it down to $98. Still complete bullshit and they can go suck rusty doorknob.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We have been getting Walleye at the Fish Monger. It's cheap and good. Comes from Lake Superior. Cheaper and tastier than the Usual Haddock we get here. $10 a pound. Guinness batter. Not sure what the Guinness does.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Spent an hour on the phone with UPS over the small box I shipped a shock in 200 miles away that I expected to pay $22.00, and got billed $165. After 50 minutes of getting no where being polite, I got rather angry and got it knocked it down to $98. Still complete bullshit and they can go suck rusty doorknob.
UPS is famously unpopular up here due to random and unexpectedly high duty fees. $2 part, $40 import duty. The best was $80 duty to receive a christmas gift of crap I didn’t want from a family member.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
UPS is famously unpopular up here due to random and unexpectedly high duty fees. $2 part, $40 import duty. The best was $80 duty to receive a christmas gift of crap I didn’t want from a family member.
This wasn't duty, well I don't think it was. I got an invoice that had a $90 fuel surcharge but not a single number on the invoice came close to matching what they billed my credit card for. Not to mention billing it twice. No one could provide a single logical explanation of what was happening.

Just got the shock back from my friend. It cost $12 for him to get it back to me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Picked kids up. Snow started falling. Became traffic on I-70 at Golden. Turned around at 40 and headed home. Ain't nobody got time for ski country MLK weekend traffic.