Quantcast

Thank you Diablo Freeride for my New Bike!!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I would just like to say thank you to Diablo Freeride Park for putting on a race series with some SERIES PRIZES! I must say they give out the most product to the winners on the podium than any other race series that ive done. People say Diablo is in it just for the money but how can they be when they give away all this good product? They dont make much thru their race series, they just hold it to make us true racers happy.

well anyway! this past weekend was the Diablo Series Final and i gotta give a big thanks to diablo!

I won Slalom saturday, and also the slalom overall, i won DH on saturday, as well as the DH overall and on top of it all i won the combined overall... this is what i came home with...

Yup that says bos on it!

Its a shame people say diablo is just in it for the money and they dont race there, best products giving out to the fastest racers PERIOD. People say the classes are unfair but dont forget diablo is the same people who put on the US Open and have hundreds of racers in it... i dont see the difference... come out and ride diablo.

Thanks Diablo!
Dennis Yuroshek

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I am not sure if you are trying to start a discussion?

I stopped racing the Diablo series as I didn't like that season pass holders did not get a discount on the race fee. If Diablo were in it for the money they would have given me a discount and I would have kept racing so I guess you are right they are not in it for the money :)

Not a contender for the prices so I am clearly not impressed with the prizes. If it actually makes more people race I have no idea or if lower race fee would have more people racing.

Enough ramblings - props to you Dennis for taking two first prizes!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
well diablo changed for 2009 and helped out the season pass holders and made race fees 50 bucks. 100 bucks to race slalom and DH? not bad at all. ive been to plenty of races where its 70-100 bucks just for DH.

p.s. diablo is sellin their season passes even cheaper this year than last year. they are 269 right now!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Good to hear and that is a good price for a season pass.

Now Dennis you can get rid of that crappy Manitou and race that Boss fork :)

phobiadrive

Chimp
Jun 15, 2009
Congrats on the win!!!Are u going to actually ride the frame? My buddy keeps breaking those Wam Bams so becareful!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Diablo IS in it for the money. Remember they are a business too... Let's not start a fire today though.

And yuroshrek, they don't give out big prizes because diablo is full of nice people, it is because they know prizes draw in people, in turn getting more people to their races and making more money.

I'm sure you know this though being a higher level rider yourself though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hi! My Name's Dennis Yuroshek! I am a professional buttkiss! :D

j/p yo congrats! Now you gonna race pro there next year? :brows:

And just out of curiosity, have/will you ride that BOS fork at all? I'd be curious to get some feedback on that vs the Dorado, especially based on real world experience.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
Congrats Dennis!

To everybody complaining about race fees. Do you guys have any idea how much it costs to run a race for a single day? They have to hire the timing company, get race plates, prizes, etc. being a season pass holder, I am not against their fees. For those who have season passes, you shouldn't complain if you ride a lot. $350 for a season of riding everyday is amazing compared to $38 a visit... without gas and all the other expenses. $50 for a downhill race for a season pass holder is pretty damn good especially with the products available to winners.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
Hi! My Name's Dennis Yuroshek! I am a professional buttkiss! :D

j/p yo congrats! Now you gonna race pro there next year? :brows:

And just out of curiosity, have/will you ride that BOS fork at all? I'd be curious to get some feedback on that vs the Dorado, especially based on real world experience.
yea ill have to step it up a bit to contend with GR, ortiz and Memmelaar for sure..

id love to try and test out the bos but at the same time id rather sell it brand new. sooo if you want to buy it ill ride it and let you know how it workds! :thumb:

mtnbiker49

Monkey
Jul 12, 2009
Milford, PA
Diablo IS in it for the money. Remember they are a business too... Let's not start a fire today though.

And yuroshrek, they don't give out big prizes because diablo is full of nice people, it is because they know prizes draw in people, in turn getting more people to their races and making more money.
Well then, they certainly pulled me in for starting next season.

Plus, lets not get another one of those "Diablo is all business" threads going again. It's a mountain that is local and a pleasure to ride at.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I stopped racing the Diablo series as I didn't like that season pass holders did not get a discount on the race fee. If Diablo were in it for the money they would have given me a discount and I would have kept racing so I guess you are right they are not in it for the money :)
I have no idea how I have never met you at Diablo, CBJ. Thought I was the only one who stopped racing the Series due to season pass holders not getting a discount.

Dennis, you already know I congratulated you, nice to have some spare parts, ehh.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The series is worth racing for sure, although i do think there should be a sport class. (nd no, not for me, i just won it-just throwing that out there BEFORE you flame me)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Congrats Dennis!

To everybody complaining about race fees. Do you guys have any idea how much it costs to run a race for a single day? They have to hire the timing company, get race plates, prizes, etc. being a season pass holder, I am not against their fees.
its not like Diablo pays for the race plates or the prizes. most of those, if not all, are donated by sponsors including the bike. its sick to see they are giving new bikes away for prizes, but im sure it wasnt coming out of their pocket.

Dennis, someone was spreading a rumor saying they gave a used frame away...did they?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
its not like Diablo pays for the race plates or the prizes. most of those, if not all, are donated by sponsors including the bike. its sick to see they are giving new bikes away for prizes, but im sure it wasnt coming out of their pocket.

Dennis, someone was spreading a rumor saying they gave a used frame away...did they?
i wouldnt say used, i got an 09 which appears new, it had a used front tire and rear QR but other than that it was new. grips MIGHT have been used (white that were dirty) but it wasnt blatantly used.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wow. You northies are a bunch of whining pusses!!! Shut up and ride or race or don't race, but don't make crap excuses.
Season pass holders don't get a rub down for races? You have races lucky vags!

Not like they pay for the # plates? You think a guys time is free or that he doesn't have to swallow his pride to call somebody and beg a freebie or bro deal??? Shut up and ride.

"I heard they gave away used stuff" If it was a tampon...worry about it. If it were USAC, it would be a used pair of socks and you'd have to pay $50.00 for the sweat stained matching jersey.

Complaining that a company makes money? If the guy running the place made a cool million but pulled up in a tattered old Volvo wagon and lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, would it make you feel better?

Shut up and put a fresh plug in ladies.

Oh, and congrats Dennis. I'm sure you deserve it. Me, I deserve those crankarms!!!! :shakefist:

shift96

Monkey
Mar 21, 2009
Wow. You northies are a bunch of whining pusses!!! Shut up and ride or race or don't race, but don't make crap excuses.

Not like they pay for the # plates? You think a guys time is free or that he doesn't have to swallow his pride to call somebody and beg a freebie or bro deal??? Shut up and ride.

"I heard they gave away used stuff" If it was a tampon...worry about it. If it were USAC, it would be a used pair of socks and you'd have to pay $50.00 for the sweat stained matching jersey.

Complaining that a company makes money? If the guy running the place made a cool million but pulled up in a tattered old Volvo wagon and lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, would it make you feel better?

Oh, and congrats Dennis. I'm sure you deserve it. Me, I deserve those crankarms!!!! :shakefist:
Perfectly stated. About time someone said this.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

wow, does talking out of your ass hurt?

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
It's cool to see Jamis donating bikes.

More companys should do that.....it's nice cheap way to get alot of good PR mileage out of their sponsorship. Maybe it's even a better use of their sponsorship $$$$ then cutting every tom-dick-and-harry a Bro deal...:monkey:

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
OOh, shiny! Anything for sale other than the fork? Maybe the brakes? Cranks? a Reading comprehension course :p ?

congrats! but they should've given you a Porsche, and a masseuse for a year (with free lotion) Cheapskates!

:weee:

One more:

:thumb:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i see this sport going down the drain because of the bullsh!t i hear.......

all the time, "this park is better than that park, diablo sucks" etc.....

Who cares man... at least we're riding... **** i remember when guys had to make illegal drops here in NYC's central park..... risking getting arrested or summonses....

At least we now have parks to ride... lets not bash any of them....

I don't have drama with anyone because i go to the mountain to ride my bike and hang out with my friends.... i don't go to speak about the politics of running a mountain or races etc.... I'm just glad i have options....

If some of you guys have issues with diablo management, take it up with them, no need to post it up online....

Now lets ride.... could be worse.... at least we can ride... and have options to ride....

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
i dont recall anyone saying that in this thread
But it boils down to that....

I'm not taking any sides, but everytime Diablo is mentioned people start bashing the park....

All i'm saying is that we should enjoy riding ANY lift assist park...

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

Seriously Butch? I like you have taken time away from you love of custom painted helmets to play today's tough guy :rolleyes: