Quantcast

Thank You To The @$$holes!!!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well, I am super busy with end of the year crap at school... and if that isn't enough... I finally fell asleep last night at 11:15 or so, after listing in my head all the things I have to get done at work and home... over and over again. Every time I finished the list, I would add something and have to start the list over again... I must have fallen asleep for about 20 minutes, when I hear some screaming and yelling coming from the street out front... I try to dismiss it, but I am awake now, and figure I better go check it out... I throw a shirt on and go out to see some domestic dispute going on... some guy is holding onto some girls wrist and trying to take her up the street while she is screaming "let me go... HELP" etc. I call 911. the operator proceeds to tell me I need to call a different municipality (I live on the line between the city and another township) I tell her NO IT IS ZONE 1... this conversation goes on for 5 or so minutes as she tells me "no you need to call Ross Twp." I tell her this is unbelievable and unacceptable and hang up!

I go back inside, grab my keys and go back out as I watch them walk down the street... now the girl is in the middle of the street screaming and for as much as she wanted to get away from the dude before now she is crying because he is walking away from her! I can see them down by the bend in my road arguing... and the girl lays down in the middle of the street with a few cars coming. A big SUV almost didn't see her (she was wearing a black sweater and jeans) and slammed on the brakes at the last second. She jumps up and the argument continues around the bend... I call 911 again it has been 25 minutes since the first call went in, and the girl has almost been hit 3 times including one time that she actually ran into the path of a car who swerved to just miss her! I tell the lady all the updates, and she tells me that the call was placed, and that someone is on the way. I hang up... pissed cause now it isn't just these 2 @$$holes who are going to get hurt some innocent person driving down the road is going to get hurt when they launch her!

When I can't see them anymore I go inside get my shoes on and go down to my car. I drive down the street and see some guy next to a car and someone in the car. I go by them and around the block, I don't see anyone else walking so I make a loop, go back and now see 2 guys standing at the car... and I pull over, now I can see the girl is in the car and the 2 guys outside the car are from the house she is parked outside. I ask them if they are ok and they tell me she is fine, she just got into an argument with her boyfriend...

I go home completely pissed at the people for their public fight, pissed at the 911 operator, pissed at myself for wanting to help, and then pissed at myself for not being able to sleep after that ! The last time I remember looking at the clock, I saw 2:20, and I have to get up at 5:00 :disgust1:

so I say THANK YOU @ssHoles! Next time you want to have a domestic dispute don't stop in the middle of my street! Keep going...

did I mention I am tired now!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Don't you love those 'border' 911 calls. Had one here a year or so ago which resulted in a woman's death as the 911 operators kept sending the call back and forth arguing about who had juristiction. No ambulance got there until it was well past too late.

And some of these borders are just stupid. A coworker of mine just bought a house that is built right on the city/county line. One of her bedrooms is an a different county. She has to pay property tax in each juristiction based on square footage in each. Dumb.

Sorry about your lack of sleep. Just can't get past the number of inconsiderate assholes residing in the world today. Really makes we want to move to the country and buy some serious land. All (most) RM guys are welcome on my trails when built.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
People are inconsiderate jerks. Some jackass a few cars ahead of me on the way home from work last night was swerving all over the place. A semi in the lane next to him had to go onto the shoulder to avoid hitting him. A good size rock got thrown up and smashed my windshield. I don't know if I was lucky or unlucky that I was in the car instead of on the motorcycle.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Damn Westy... Sorry to hear about your window!

IAB... I think there may have already been alcohol involved.

AS for the "Border 911 call" After thinking over the situation I am the second house in the city limits. There is a rather large bridge next to my neighbors house that goes over the main route in and out of Pittsburgh. THe bridge marks the line for the city on our side of the street, but across from us it is still Ross Twp. :disgust1:

after thinking about the situation... I think the girl was trying to get to the bridge to jump! :shocked: she made several attempts to get hit by a car after the guy had pulled her out of range of the bridge! :disgust1:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
"border" 911? That's fvcking retarded!

Dispatcher, I don't care where I am, send someone you 'tard.

What are you supposed to do, call 9-1-1-a?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
ok, so seriously... how do you call another district's 9-1-1? I didn't even know that was an issue until now.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Maybe you could have mentioned a box of donuts appears to be involved and has the possibility of getting damaged.....

Guarantee they would have sent someone.....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

:rofl:

yep... the city and county have different dispatchers etc... they are talking about combining them, but have not as of yesterday! :monkey:

SS...

YOU AINT Sh!ttin... hells yeah I wanna move! here is what happened to my first Subaru... when a drunk kid hit it at 3:20 am... It launched my car into the curb then airborn landing on the 69 bug... both cars slid back into my tennants other car!
http://http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85692&stc=1&d=1143816343

that was the first of the 2 cars (that I owned) totalled in front of my house... then there is the pot farming neighbors who have a son who moves in and out depending on if he is using heroin, and can't afford an apartment... or if he isn't in jail!

on the other side we have a nice family who just shouldn't own a dog! they leave the poor thing out all year round, and give him no attention. The dog has chewed off the top of the wooden fence I put in right before they moved in. :disgust1: damn thing barks incessantly!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Maybe you could have mentioned a box of donuts appears to be involved and has the possibility of getting damaged.....

Guarantee they would have sent someone.....

"SIR... DID I HEAR YOU SAY DONUTS?"

me "YEP"

"CAN YOU TELL IF THERE ARE ANY JELLY FILLED ONES IN THERE?"

:busted:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

My buddy that was involved in the road rage incident had the same problem. He was just over the county line, but the 9-1-1 call went to our county. The call got disconnected twice trying to transfer, and he finally just gave up.

I've now programmed the sheriff's and DPS numbers for the counties I ride thru into my phone.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The only time I have called 911, I saw a homeless man pass on out a busy street corner. I hung up when I saw the police arrive, then about 5 seconds later, 911 called me back because I had hung up before talking to them.

This was in the heart of San Francisco, btw.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
"SIR... DID I HEAR YOU SAY DONUTS?"

me "YEP"

"CAN YOU TELL IF THERE ARE ANY JELLY FILLED ONES IN THERE?"

:busted:

I can here the ..."dun.....dun dun dun...............dun....dun dun dun daaaa"..........

Then his monotone voice..."We were working the 911a precinct when we receive a suspicious call regarding the abuse of donuts."....

Old_Dude

Monkey
I always keep a set of really cheap steak knives in the pocket door of my car - this would have been a great opportunity to toss them out when they were fighting. Fred's, Dollar General, & so forth, they all have them - pick some up.

The way I figure it, if they rid themselves of one another (either by killing one another &/or end up in prison) that means less stupid people for the rest of us to deal with.

Yeah, I won't be surprised if someday . . . someday I'll get a call to attend the Nobel Peace Prize thingy . . . I'll act surprised.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My neighbors next door are like this every day. Yes, every day. Starting at about 8 am and going all day and night off and on.

They have a little baby too.

They moved next door about a year ago. Now we miss the loud partying drug dealer that lived there before them.

It's the loudest most fvcked up white trash meth habit house in the entire neighborhood, maybe in the whole town - right next door. Assholes indeed.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My neighbors next door are like this every day. Yes, every day. Starting at about 8 am and going all day and night off and on.

They have a little baby too.

They moved next door about a year ago. Now we miss the loud partying drug dealer that lived there before them.

It's the loudest most fvcked up white trash meth habit house in the entire neighborhood, maybe in the whole town - right next door. Assholes indeed.
arson?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
well I was running late last night for our 6:00 ride time, and I get home to pick up my bike... the neighbors that own the dog that barks all the time, stop me and ask me if I heard what was going on last night... I tell them yeah...they then tell me that they heard the fight, then waited a while then heard me come out and call 911... I told the neighbor that he was lucky I came out... he said why? I said, cause they were shoving each other into your car! and If I hadn'ta come out they'da probably done some dammage... he then says, WOW, if I woulda known they were by my car I'da called the cops and then kicked their asses! He then tells me that he heard the thing for about 15 minutes before I came out! I was like thanks for the help... and told him I had to go!...

I hate people who do nothing when given the oppertunity to do something to help out!

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I always keep a set of really cheap steak knives in the pocket door of my car - this would have been a great opportunity to toss them out when they were fighting. Fred's, Dollar General, & so forth, they all have them - pick some up.

The way I figure it, if they rid themselves of one another (either by killing one another &/or end up in prison) that means less stupid people for the rest of us to deal with.

Yeah, I won't be surprised if someday . . . someday I'll get a call to attend the Nobel Peace Prize thingy . . . I'll act surprised.
Old_Dude,

You Rule!

Thanks for the Diet Coke spewage,
DRB

Old_Dude

Monkey
You can also find out the name of the female . . . this really works great if he opens her mail . . .

(1) Go to the yellow pages and find a gynecologist

(2) Create letterhead for (1)

(3) Visit the local health clinic and pick up some "What if I Have An STD" phamplets

(4) Write a letter informing the recipient that they must continue taking all seven treatments or their STD will come out of remission

(5) Print envelope w/gynecologist's office info on it

(6) Use a stamp (don't use a postage meter & don't ask why I know this is a bad idea), toss in letter and pamphlets - seal envelope & put in mailbox.

(7) Twist up a tight one and relax . . . think up a bunch more plans . . . it's all good . . .