Quantcast

Thanks from Snowshoe!

SMP

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Trevyn here with the Mountain Bike program at Snowshoe Mountain.

We want to say thanks to everyone who came out to the Snowshoe "Mayhem In The Mountains" event this past weekend!

It was great to see the amount of support that turned out for the event. If this is a sign of of where the sport is going, it's about time!

I can honestly say that we were a little overwhelmed with the number of registrations on saturday morning. Despite a few scheduling issues we feel the event was a great success. We hope everyone had a great weekend!

Thanks Again!

From everyone here at Snowshoe Mountain

PS. Results will be posted asap.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
I guess the "Mayhem" in the mountains...is just that...that had to be one of the worst organized events I have ever been to.... I dont think Ill be back for the next one.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Could have been orgainzed better. Im not sure what the reasons were for the constant time changes. But I dont think they were prepaired for the ammount of racers they had. Besides the lifts shutting down so stinkin early I dont have any real complaints.

Trevyn, you know why they shut the lifts down at 4:30 on Saturday?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
kingbee said:
Trevyn, you know why they shut the lifts down at 4:30 on Saturday?
FYi... thats what time they shut down every day I was there. Something they may want to look into next year, especially with it not getting dark until around 8pm.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
FYi... thats what time they shut down every day I was there. Something they may want to look into next year, especially with it not getting dark until around 8pm.
There is a sign at the top of every trail head that says they are open till 6:00.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
you guys are such whiners. you would really cry if you went to an event around here. there is no such thing as a schedule.

Props to Trevyn and Hulk for even going to the effort of giving you guys a race this late in the season.....especially considering it gave you access to the freeride park for the cost of racing....you can't beat that.

Don't whine about it. I wasn't able to go and it just rubs me raw to hear people whine about something I didn't even get to go to.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
kingbee said:
There is a sign at the top of every trail head that says they are open till 6:00.

Hmmm... Maybe you need to do some more reading, because in all their literature handed out in the MAC it says that the lifts close at 4:30. I just hit up the Eastern Territory until it was closed, and then played on the Western territory until the last Shuttle bus pick-up at 5:30.

I did not attend the Mayhem, just saying the 4:30 cut off seemed a little early given the amount of Daylight. However it wasn't that big of a deal and SS did a great job of making me aware when I was there.

Ride SnowShoe. :cool:

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Thanks snowshoe for giving me one of the most fun dh weekends I have had in a while!

As far as the schedule goes, I looked at the ride.snowshoe site before I left to get an idea of what the schedule was. This is what it said:

Saturday, September 11th

* 10am-12pm Beginner/Sport DOWNHILL practice
* 10am-12pm Expert/Semi/Pro MOUNTAIN CROSS practice
* 12pm-2pm Expert/Semi/Pro DOWNHILL practice
* 12pm-2pm Beginner/Sport MOUNTAIN CROSS practice
* MOUNTAIN CROSS races 2:30pm-4:30pm

Sunday, September 12th

* SUPER D practice all classes 10am-11am
* SUPER D racing 11am-11:30am
* Beginner/Sport DOWNHILL practice 12pm-12:30pm
Beginner/Sport DOWNHILL race 12:30pm-1:30pm
* Expert/Semi/Pro DOWNHILL practice 1:30pm-2:00pm
Expert/Semi/Pro DOWNHILL race 2:00pm-2:30pm

Sat. we lucked out, downhill practice was changed to be from 10am till 4pm. Much better than the 2 hours on the original schedule! :cool: :cool:

On Sunday the only differences from this schedule were they were running about an hour late but then again we ended up gettting an hour of practice instead of the half hour that was originally published. Yeah, I got home a little later than I planned (12:30 this morning) but I got to ride more than I thought I would too and had an awesome weekend! That is not a bad thing!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I an actually surprised they'd leave everybody out til 6pm ont he mountain. That doesn't give them much daylight to go clearing the mountain and making sure everyone is accounted for. It would seem unsafe to start a search for a missing rider that close to dark.

bradical

Monkey
Dec 9, 2003
G-Vegas SC
Snowshoe was awesome! I had such an awesome time. I wasn't racing so I don't know of the problems with the scheduling and such. It was a great time, though.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bizutch said:
I an actually surprised they'd leave everybody out til 6pm ont he mountain. That doesn't give them much daylight to go clearing the mountain and making sure everyone is accounted for. It would seem unsafe to start a search for a missing rider that close to dark.

Ya I kinda figured that was the reasoning. Like I said it wasnt a big deal, ( an extra 30-60 minutes woulda been nice :D :thumb: :D ) but the times were well posted in the MAC's literature.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Hmmm... Maybe you need to do some more reading, because in all their literature handed out in the MAC it says that the lifts close at 4:30.

Hey Rob, I sent you an e-mail of a bunch of places that sell glasses!! I think you need them. :p :nuts:

The literature says the lift closes at 4:30 Mon-Fri. The race was held on Sat-Sun. For Sat-Sun the Freeride Park is listed of having hours of 10-6 and the signs on the lift say it is open from 10-6:30.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Salami said:
Hey Rob, I sent you an e-mail of a bunch of places that sell glasses!! I think you need them. :p :nuts:

The literature says the lift closes at 4:30 Mon-Fri. The race was held on Sat-Sun. For Sat-Sun the Freeride Park is listed of having hours of 10-6 and the signs on the lift say it is open from 10-6:30.
thats exactly what the signs at the bottom of the lifts said also.

I'm not going to complain because i paid $45 (35 to race and 10 for a 2 day norba liscense) and got to race sunday and ride anything i wanted for 2 days from 10-4. heck i even got a free t-shirt!