Quantcast

Thanks to Sanjay I've Got Rhythm! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well a 2003 DMR Rhythm that is! :cool:

Sanjay was cool enough to sell me his 2003 DMR Rhythm and I got it all finished up tonight and took it for it's maiden voyage here in CT - well I didn't bust any Sanjay moves, but I did have fun on this thing!

It is sorta like a big bmx bike with a little cushion up front! Really fun! I think I might like to try some handlebars with a little more rise, but the Ti bars that came with the bike did feel kind of nice - I may leave well enough alone we shall see.

For now I'll run it with the existing cranks, but eventually would like to move up to some three piece BMX cranks (may have to pull some off the Mosh to do that).

Here's a pic for all of you who were curious about this ride. Fork is set at 80mm mode in the pic, but it can be bumped to 100mm. Fork also has extra firm springs in it as Sanjay used it as a jump fork I believe. Feels good on this bike in this application.

time to go take another spin on it before bedtime! :dancing: :thumb: :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Dude your so core! So core your gonna invent the next pink and not even know it.

Enough lame a$$ inside bike photos. Go get some one to get a pic of you doing those barspin pedal kick 360's you were blabbing about down at the LBS.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hahaha - I wanted to take outside shots but it was dark out - I went out again early this morning - dirt jumping tires can be slippery riding over grass with frost on it!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Well a 2003 DMR Rhythm that is! :cool:

Sanjay was cool enough to sell me his 2003 DMR Rhythm and I got it all finished up tonight and took it for it's maiden voyage here in CT - well I didn't bust any Sanjay moves, but I did have fun on this thing!

It is sorta like a big bmx bike with a little cushion up front! Really fun! I think I might like to try some handlebars with a little more rise, but the Ti bars that came with the bike did feel kind of nice - I may leave well enough alone we shall see.

For now I'll run it with the existing cranks, but eventually would like to move up to some three piece BMX cranks (may have to pull some off the Mosh to do that).

Here's a pic for all of you who were curious about this ride. Fork is set at 80mm mode in the pic, but it can be bumped to 100mm. Fork also has extra firm springs in it as Sanjay used it as a jump fork I believe. Feels good on this bike in this application.

time to go take another spin on it before bedtime! :dancing: :thumb: :D

Don't hurt yourself on that thing Mark!
Looks sweet.
And for anyone waiting to see big BMX moves on that bike - I'd be looking for Liam to be the rider in those shots! ;) ;) ;) ;)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Right now I have the Marin SS, the Rhythm (that's for me and my older son to use), the Cheeta Prowler set up in trail bike mode, the Jamis Quest, the Univega roadie on the trainer and Shyrmps old BMX bike that Liam rides primarily but Dad has been known to take a spin or two on.

The Belair is still there but it will be on it's way to Montreal soon.

And Mackie is right - Liam will probably be the one bustin moves on the DMR much moreso than me! IT's going to be a fun winter play bike though for Liam's Dad. :)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
binary visions said:
Mark. White dudes can never have rhythm.

Looks sweet! Post action shots!
I cant get Steve Martin in "The Jerk" out of my head now. I might have to rent it soon.

Nice ride, too! Did you sell your snipes?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
TN said:
I cant get Steve Martin in "The Jerk" out of my head now. I might have to rent it soon.

Nice ride, too! Did you sell your snipes?
Traded the Snipes to get the Cheeta Prowler TN.

How's your Imperial treating you?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
MMcG said:
Traded the Snipes to get the Cheeta Prowler TN.

How's your Imperial treating you?
nice, I really dont ride any of my other bikes much anymore, except when I feel like hammering some XC.