Quantcast

the 2007 Corral Hollow Downhill Series!

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
rideSFO presents the 2007 Corral Hollow Downhill Series (CHDH)

Are you looking for a place to race your DH rig in Nor Cal? Look no further than the CHDH! The CHDH is held at Carnegie State Park, a 1,500 acres Motocross venue. For 3 weekends in 2007, rideSFO will hold a grassroots Downhill series.

The Dates:

(Race 1) April 20-22, 2007 | (Race 2) June 9-10, 2007 | (Race 3) Sep 8-9, 2007

*Race 1 is right after the Sea Otter Classic and before Firestone Walker

The Course:

The CHDH is known for its fast, steep downhill and the infamous G-out section. This year’s course like past years will be FAST and FLOWY, it will be challenging to all skill levels, with a significant amount of singletrack, off camber, bumpy sections, berms, tight turns, high speed doubles, and the infamous G-out section While you can run a hardtail like some DH races, to PIN IT and WIN the FASTEST rider pot, you'll need a true DH rig! 1,000'+/- elevation loss with NO uphill sections, with a NEW mini G-out finish into a roaring crowd right at the bottom of the Expo. This is a totally spectator friendly course. Bring your family and friends to see you race.

The Cash, Awards and Raffle:

Starting with a growing cash purse of $800 for Pros and the Fastest Rider, the CHDH also includes medals and schwag up to 26 categories. A nice raffle will occur after each race.

Other Details:

T.H.E number plates and a CHDH event T-shirt to registered racers for Race 1. Timing provided by Team Wrong Way. Also, FREE Camping, Vendor Expo area, BBQ, and DJ at every race.

Cost:

$45 for each race

To Register:

www.bikereg.com

For more complete details:

www.rideSFO.com

Video of Last Year's race:
http://www.alloutprodux.com/chdh06.mov

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
could you have a diff price for jr's, mabe like 25-30? and adult is 45? Its harder to pay for this stuff for us younger guys..

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
could you have a diff price for jr's, mabe like 25-30? and adult is 45? Its harder to pay for this stuff for us younger guys..
Sorry Foggy ... we have so much overhead in order to put on this race, we are just breaking even. Unlike other venues that are fully equipped, Carnegie State Park requires us to get Port A Potties, dumpsters, extra insurance for dig days, plus we got to get shuttle trucks, ambulance services … etc

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
Sorry Foggy ... we have so much overhead in order to put on this race, we are just breaking even. Unlike other venues that are fully equipped, Carnegie State Park requires us to get Port A Potties, dumpsters, extra insurance for dig days, plus we got to get shuttle trucks, ambulance services … etc
fair enough

TeamFatKids

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
Wait, so let me work this out for my guys.

It goes Sea Otter (Banned boy and friend will be there)
- then CHDH
- then Firestone

Is the Firestone race part of the NMBS, or is that a later race at the same place?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
IMO, the course used to be fun, however, it's gotten way too rutted for my liking over the last 2 years. I hate riding in ruts. The G-out used to be a blast as was the freeway section, now it's all F'ed up with all the ruts. I don't mind technical sections, actually I prefer them, ruts however I can do without.

IMO, the course used to be fun, however, it's gotten way too rutted for my liking over the last 2 years. I hate riding in ruts. The G-out used to be a blast as was the freeway section, now it's all F'ed up with all the ruts. I don't mind technical sections, actually I prefer them, ruts however I can do without.
yeah, hopefully sumthing can be done about the ruts. If i help out i will try to get sum o da ruts leveled

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Yeah, the wind last year was really bad, sent a couple folks to the emergency room. I didn't even hit the jumps that day. Come race day though it was dope...ruts? You mean braking bumps? Ever seen snowmass or Vermont? Watch Hypnosis again, chdh is cake compared to that.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yeah, the wind last year was really bad, sent a couple folks to the emergency room. I didn't even hit the jumps that day. Come race day though it was dope...ruts? You mean braking bumps? Ever seen snowmass or Vermont? Watch Hypnosis again, chdh is cake compared to that.
The ruts I'm refering to are the ones that run along the trail itself entering the freeway section, then down the G-Out, braking ruts are not the issue. I hate when I screw up my line end up in a 8" deep rut and then try to pull out of it then.

TeamFatKids

Chimp
Feb 18, 2007
Now we have to work out if it makes sense for Banned Boy and his buddy to stay on the west coast for three weeks, and to drive from Virginia. Wow, that's like a month of the road.

Scrub

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2003
NOR CAL, Sac/CoCo County
Just like Heath said about the ruts at Snowmass,CO. No comparison, CHDH is way smooth. Suck it up and set up your bike right and it shouldn't be a prob. unless you're going slow..Brapppp moto WH:poster_oops: style