Quantcast

The asian store near my house STINKS!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
there are two asian stores near my house. one has whole deep fried fish, pork bung, quarts of blood and assorted intestines....

the other one STINKS to high hell. they have so much fish stuff, live and frozen. I went in to get some simple veggies and some ramen noodles, I got half way down one of the isles and seriously gagged. I thought I was going to puke right in the isle. :dead:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
We've got several dozen asian workers here, while they're great people to work with, the lunch room can get pretty funky smelling when 3 microwaves are zapping what looks and smells like dog poop.

I'm sure to them my hamburger smells like poop too, so I tolerate it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When I was in college, someone asked me why Chinese people smelled like Chinese food...

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the strange thing is, the one store smells seriously like death. I'm sure the health people wouldn't pass this place. but they must if they are in bussiness...?

it's a store, there is no cooked food in the really smelly one. lots of live food though, like frogs, turtles and sea fish stuff.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
pnj said:
the strange thing is, the one store smells seriously like death. I'm sure the health people wouldn't pass this place. but they must if they are in bussiness...?

it's a store, there is no cooked food in the really smelly one. lots of live food though, like frogs, turtles and sea fish stuff.
Are you sure it's not a pet store?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Changleen said:
Are you sure it's not a pet store?
nope. food store.

they have those eggs with the dead bird inside them. 8 bucks or so a dozen. when I saw them I was like "wtf, 8 bucks for eggs!!???!", I didn't realize at the time they were special eggs.... :blah:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we go to an asian market like that. smells like ass but has some of the best fish in memphis. you pick em out live, and they kill em for you right there. i love that place. the smell doesn't bother me. we are an overly sanitary culture anyways.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
manziman said:
i find that comical. I also find it funny most of the ridemonkeyers don't have a sense of humor.
well, the problem with your joke was that it was offensive to some and predictable to others. Please try again.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
LordOpie said:
d00d, someone from ARKANSAS called YOU a racist
:stupid: Hahah, you have NO IDEA how many stupid racist people i have to deal with everyday . BTW, not a true Southern, just a transplant from NJ/PA.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
LordOpie said:
well, the problem with your joke was that it was offensive to some and predictable to others. Please try again.
Yeah, does help if a joke is actually funny instead of just crass and insensitive.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you
'Cos I find it hard to take
When people run in circles
It's a very, very

Mad world, mad world

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
LordOpie said:
I find it kind of sad
It's a very, very

Mad world, mad world
You're a new wave homo.

:blah:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I love my local asian market...I don't really notice the smell I guess. But they have the same frogs and snails I love to eat with my rice, they have rice flour and red bean paste so I can make tasty pastries, they have pickled mustard (seriously good, though I don't think most americans like it), I can get great miso there and tofu to make miso soup, and you can't beat the fish and the prices! :thumb:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LordOpie said:
I find it kind of sad
It's a very, very

Mad world, mad world
Quoting the Smiths is way cooler.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
H8R said:
What, no puppy dog's tails?

:D
All I can say is when I was in China I always asked what I was eating, and they always told me After I took a bite. I also rarely tried something that didn't taste good...They never told me I ate dog...and in China (at least the region I was in), presentation is 1/2 the quality of a good meal...so most of my "exotic" meals were served as the whole animal.
Snakes would be coiled up and looked alive from the oils and stuff...fishes came full...chickens had heads and beaks and feet and all...
Per recommendations from the locals I avoided any beef if possible, and there was rarely pork. Mostly the meals were of things that were bought a live and killed that day for the meal.

Snails were Awesome! So were the frogs. I always was totally into trying new foods though...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jr_Bullit said:
All I can say is when I was in China I always asked what I was eating, and they always told me After I took a bite. I also rarely tried something that didn't taste good...They never told me I ate dog...and in China (at least the region I was in), presentation is 1/2 the quality of a good meal...so most of my "exotic" meals were served as the whole animal.
Snakes would be coiled up and looked alive from the oils and stuff...fishes came full...chickens had heads and beaks and feet and all...
Per recommendations from the locals I avoided any beef if possible, and there was rarely pork. Mostly the meals were of things that were bought a live and killed that day for the meal.

Snails were Awesome! So were the frogs. I always was totally into trying new foods though...
Uh, maybe my joke was lost in there....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
H8R said:
Uh, maybe my joke was lost in there....
:think: ...maybe...I'm used to people asking me if I "ate dog"...like that's what our concept of what chinese people eat really is...:rolleyes: I'll bet some fat dood in the fifties came back from China all skinny like and blamed it on the fact they claimed to eat dogs or something....and we've believed it ever since.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Jr_Bullit said:
:think: ...maybe...I'm used to people asking me if I "ate dog"...like that's what our concept of what chinese people eat really is...:rolleyes: I'll bet some fat dood in the fifties came back from China all skinny like and blamed it on the fact they claimed to eat dogs or something....and we've believed it ever since.
"Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of..."

Pratfall joke pun to face plant of obscure reference, my apologies.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
I find it kind of sad
It's a very, very

Mad world, mad world
OK - they all think you are a homo, and I guess I could agree, but thanks for making me think about Donnie Darko. :thumb:

J

JRB

manziman said:
i find that comical. I also find it funny most of the ridemonkeyers don't have a sense of humor.
Don't kid yourself - we thought those stupid ass corn rows and that gansta buckle were funny as hell. :think:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
H8R said:
"Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of..."

Pratfall joke pun to face plant of obscure reference, my apologies.
hahaha - sorry, ya that went completely over my head tonight...headaches don't do much good for thinking of nursery rhymes...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
manziman said:
Here's a comeback from a Chinese perspective:

You got a problem eating pets? If we throw some sweet-and-sour sauce on it, you'd eat your own turd.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Sherpa said:
:stupid: Hahah, you have NO IDEA how many stupid racist people i have to deal with everyday . BTW, not a true Southern, just a transplant from NJ/PA.
And the difference is? :)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:

You most definately have a stronger stomach than I.

Not to say any of that isn't tasty.

pZyteX

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Amsterdam
A friend of mine used to live above a chinese restaurant and they dumped their left-overs and other dead stuff in the alley which was below his window, so you can imagine the smell in the summer.