Quantcast

'The Axe Murderer' vs 'Iceman'

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
i think some more details about the upcoming ufc fight might be helpful...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My guess is Chuck will catch him with a right and put him to sleep in the 2nd round.

His defence is too good to get caught in a clinch and that's all Silva has. I have tried to watch Pride and it sucks. The ring setup give you no boundry like the wall in the cage does.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
hehe, I'd have to say Silva by decision or KtfO. Liddell's a great fighter but he's going to have to pull out some serious guts if he plans on fighting the same guy who's gone toe to toe with Cro-Cop, KO'ed (twice) Quinton Jackson, Beat Arona, and don’t forget 'Iron Head' Kazuyuki Fujita. I really think Liddell is out of his league in this one, Pride's heavyweight division (where liddell should compete in if he wants to prove himself, although he's done well in pride so far) has higher caliber competitors without a doubt. Should be a good fight and if Liddell takes it I've got nothing but respect for him but he's in for a long fight, Silva doesn’t get knocked out, and he's taken some hits from heavier hitters then Liddell.

No boundary? You mean they can leave the ring?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I recall this same line of crap when he knocked out "the natural" not once, but twice. If I recall, Randy "Had never been knocked out" before Chuck put him out. The first time "was a lucky shot", the second time was "he hits hard".

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Odds are you'll see yourself wrong. Either way I have no emotion invested but Silva is, on paper, the better fighter. I dont see Liddell stepping up against the big boys yet like Silva has.........

dropkick

Chimp
Jul 3, 2004
Colorado
This means nothing if Sobral wins in a couple weeks though...

On a kind of related note, I just finished watching the Cro-cop vs. Silva fight from a while ago. Decent fight I guess. It wasn't really the shootout I was hoping for though.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't think Sorbal has much of a chance either. But watching Vitor Belfort beat Silva in 44 seconds, I will stick with my 2nd round knockout prediction.

Did you see what Chuck did to Tito Ortiz? My guess is it will be the same result. Silva against the cage catching bombs...

I admit, I am bias because Chuck is the cousin of my best friend, but he's also a bad man. Anything can happen, but I will pick Chuck every time.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
If this fight took place under Pride Rules(Head stomps and knees to the head while on the ground), I would take Silva, in UFC Rules I think that liddell will win. I highly doubt that we will see this fight anyway. First of all Liddell has to get by Babalu Sobral unscathed. Most people dont know much about him, but he has not lost in 11 fights, and is a top 5 in the world at 205. then Silva has to get through the pride open weight grand prix. His first round match is against Crocop. If he wins that match he has another for the tournament championship. I dont think that both of them will make it through without injury,

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
valve bouncer said:
Silva...toughest MF I've ever seen.
He looked good in the highlight reel, but he went 5 rounds and lost by decision to Ortiz and Belfort took him out in 44 seconds. Maybe he just sucks under UFC rules, but I would say there are a lot more impressive dudes in the UFC.

I think it will be a good fight, I know I wouldn't stand in the ring with him :D

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
jimmydean said:
He looked good in the highlight reel, but he went 5 rounds and lost by decision to Ortiz and Belfort took him out in 44 seconds. Maybe he just sucks under UFC rules, but I would say there are a lot more impressive dudes in the UFC.
1: His decision with Tito was a while ago, and debatable. Nowadays Tito wouldnt step in the ring with him.

2: His Loss to Belfort was a suprise to everyone, and dont forget that that was a while ago as well, hes gone lossless for a long time now and has faced stronger and better fighters than Liddell and Tito. Tito is a nobody in the heavyweight world. Maybe a few years ago but certainly not a condender anymore.

3: More impresive dudes in the UFC? lol, wow. Its prety much a fact that the PRIDE stable is far above what UFC has to offer. You see quite a few UFC guys get owned in PRIDE matches, like Franklin getting his only loss by a KO. Matter of a fact, only a few guys from UFC can do well in pride. Liddell is one of them (as he proved) but when you look at the history there is no comparison as to who has the fitter and better fighters. Besides, Fedor vs Sylvia? lol, not even close.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
atrokz said:
1: His decision with Tito was a while ago, and debatable. Nowadays Tito wouldnt step in the ring with him.

2: His Loss to Belfort was a suprise to everyone, and dont forget that that was a while ago as well, hes gone lossless for a long time now and has faced stronger and better fighters than Liddell and Tito. Tito is a nobody in the heavyweight world. Maybe a few years ago but certainly not a condender anymore.

3: More impresive dudes in the UFC? lol, wow. Its prety much a fact that the PRIDE stable is far above what UFC has to offer. You see quite a few UFC guys get owned in PRIDE matches, like Franklin getting his only loss by a KO. Matter of a fact, only a few guys from UFC can do well in pride. Liddell is one of them (as he proved) but when you look at the history there is no comparison as to who has the fitter and better fighters. Besides, Fedor vs Sylvia? lol, not even close.
Man, you are WAY too into this! I look at it as one level above WWE. It's fun to watch when I might be home and sh!t else is on, but that's about it.

Hell, the only reason I know so much about Chuck is because I was in his cousins wedding.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
jimmydean said:
Hell, the only reason I know so much about Chuck is because I was in his cousins wedding.
Who was it that he lost to in a Pride match, then? I saw a replayed match within the last couple months of Liddell fighting some Pride guy and losing easily by TKO...it was not even very close. It could not have been too long ago as Chuck was sporting the same style mohawk he currently rocks. :help:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
llkoolkeg said:
Who was it that he lost to in a Pride match, then? I saw a replayed match within the last couple months of Liddell fighting some Pride guy and losing easily by TKO...it was not even very close. It could not have been too long ago as Chuck was sporting the same style mohawk he currently rocks. :help:
Loss to Quinton Jackson by TKO (Strikes) in PRIDE-Final Conflict 2003 on 11/9/2003 in the 2nd round?

As far as I know, he has had the same doo since he was a kick boxer, but I could be wrong.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
jimmydean said:
Man, you are WAY too into this! I look at it as one level above WWE. It's fun to watch when I might be home and sh!t else is on, but that's about it.
Yea, I'm a fight buff, what can I say. I also have a decent memory to recall most of these stats. Might have something to do with genetics. And hey! I thought the NBA was the next level past WWE? Followed shortly by syncronized swimming. :rolleyes:

edit: reading your last post it apears you've got 'too' much knowledge on this as well, or is it a crush :love:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
atrokz said:
edit: reading your last post it apears you've got 'too' much knowledge on this as well, or is it a crush :love:
You posted a link to his profile and stats, jackass. All I did was click on it, copy, paste. If anyone has a crush...

The NBA has a real ranking system, where as Pride and UFC have more of a "selection" process for who filghts who. I think Pride is a little more formal, but it's still "what will sell the most tickets" mentality vs. who beats who and when.

Hell, the UFC gives a 6 figure contract to a dude who wins a reality tv show! Maybe the NBA and others should do the same. :rolleyes:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
If this fight is run by the UFC - who cares. I'm so over them.

Their broadcast is 90% comercials, yet you have to pay for it.

Sorry, but not worth my time or money.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
With all the other Tards!!
Sylvia is a Badass Chuck is a Badass it will be good fight If it happens. Which I think is a 75% it's not going to. Sylvia has to fight 4 badasses And Not get Hurt and Chuck has to get thru Sobral Unhurt. Not Likely!!!

Pride vs. UFC Not even a questions. Pride's Talent Pool rocks UFC!!

And for giveing a fighter a Six Fig contract for winning TUF still not that much. They are getting these fighters for a deal. They are fight their first fight for under $10G if they win it goes up if they lose it stays.

Quote from Sherdog.com (MMA Site)

Off-hand, I recall it being a three year, nine fight deal. Right now Diego's making 24k per win, so supposing that doesn't increase (which I believe it does starting his next fight - his fourth), that means he makes at worst $36,000, with the potential of $75,000 a year.

I make more than that!!!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ElTORO said:
Sylvia is a Badass Chuck is a Badass it will be good fight If it happens. Which I think is a 75% it's not going to. Sylvia has to fight 4 badasses And Not get Hurt and Chuck has to get thru Sobral Unhurt. Not Likely!!!

Pride vs. UFC Not even a questions. Pride's Talent Pool rocks UFC!!

And for giveing a fighter a Six Fig contract for winning TUF still not that much. They are getting these fighters for a deal. They are fight their first fight for under $10G if they win it goes up if they lose it stays.

Quote from Sherdog.com (MMA Site)

Off-hand, I recall it being a three year, nine fight deal. Right now Diego's making 24k per win, so supposing that doesn't increase (which I believe it does starting his next fight - his fourth), that means he makes at worst $36,000, with the potential of $75,000 a year.

I make more than that!!!

Not counting in sponsors though....

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
jimmydean said:
You posted a link to his profile and stats, jackass. All I did was click on it, copy, paste. If anyone has a crush...

The NBA has a real ranking system, where as Pride and UFC have more of a "selection" process for who filghts who. I think Pride is a little more formal, but it's still "what will sell the most tickets" mentality vs. who beats who and when.
You take these forums too seriously. :rofl: Relax, no need to explain anything.....

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Slugman said:
If this fight is run by the UFC - who cares. I'm so over them.

Their broadcast is 90% comercials, yet you have to pay for it.

Sorry, but not worth my time or money.
Yea, Paying to see 61 made me rethink my take on UFC. Pride is supposed to be coming to North America so hopefully it doesnt get watered down too much. I hear Daina White is already trying to get laws against Pride rules, saying they are life endangering. Blah.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
atrokz said:
You take these forums too seriously. :rofl: Relax, no need to explain anything.....
I don't take ANYTHING serious, I just thought it was funny since I had pulled the stats from the link you posted, that all.

I couldn't even consider paying to watch it any of those fights. I'll wait until someone tivo's it and I'll watch it then (within 24 hours most of the time).

As far as them getting paid, it beats whatever they were doing for a day job! Look at Frank "Ace" Whatever, he was a Math teacher. I bet he made 3 times his anual salary in his first fight.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
jimmydean said:
I don't take ANYTHING serious, I just thought it was funny since I had pulled the stats from the link you posted, that all.
its just funny that you were debating something that you dont know much about...... :rolleyes:

Still, it is good money but if you saw the amount of dedication and training it takes to be top tier you might consider them underpaid. These guys train most of their lives and make much less then the overpaid rubbish that pro sport teams deliver.

edit: Tvio is a good idea. I felt bad when my friend paid $40 CAD so we could watch the sub par fights on UFC 61.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
atrokz said:
its just funny that you were debating something that you dont know much about...... :rolleyes:

Still, it is good money but if you saw the amount of dedication and training it takes to be top tier you might consider them underpaid. These guys train most of their lives and make much less then the overpaid rubbish that pro sport teams deliver.

edit: Tvio is a good idea. I felt bad when my friend paid $40 CAD so we could watch the sub par fights on UFC 61.
That's what the lounge is for, my friend.

Again, they are paid to fight. They train hard to be good so they can make dough. I don't see it any different than most any other real sport (golf doesn't count). I have allways said, the less you do, the more you get paid. If they want to make more money and not work as hard, then kill Dana White and take his job. My guess is he makes a little coin these days and he doesn't have to work out at all, right?

I also don't think guys like Forest Griffin would make more than $8 an hour elsewhere.

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
They are under paid compared to PRIDE. Some pride Fighters can make Over $250,000. a Fight and undercards make $50-75K. Some UFC undercards make $2K a fight. There is a reason Pride Crowds range from 65-70,000. US its not even close.

and the Sponsor thing UFC is not paying that. So UFC is getting these fighters for cheap.

And One level above WWE man I feel like reaching thru this computer and slapping you then I'd put you in RNC or Triangle and Smile as u gasp for air!!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ElTORO said:
And One level above WWE man I feel like reaching thru this computer and slapping you then I'd put you in RNC or Triangle and Smile as u gasp for air!!
They use the same ranking system, how is it THAT different? Sure, the end isn't scripted, but then the fights in the WWE last more than a few minutes too.

I watched some Mui Thai fights live in Guam and that was a mess. I used to take a few classes from my instructor that taught me Kali and he told me to check out some fights when I was overseas. You want to talk about bad ass dudes who are underpaid, try that. Aint no pay-per-view action there, they made a few hundred bucks tops if they won, I don't think the loser got anything. :D

ElTORO

Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
"but then the fights in the WWE last more than a few minutes too."

The thing you are getting wrong is that you think WWE is a Fight. Not even Close. It's a Scripted Wrestling Dance made into a T.V. Show. WWE and UFC should not even be in the same realm.

Why is it wrong for fight to stop early. You have a guy that outclasses another and he gets his ass KTFO. Sometimes I like watching a guy who thinks he is the $hit get KTFO in a Min. AkA: Leaben. I can't believe you would rather watch two body builders Scrip Dance.

Oh and those overseas dude's are crazy. I have watched a couple of those underground Movies.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't watch WWE, but it's the same concept only it's scripted. If there was a REAL ranking system, you wouldn't have as many "outclassed" dudes fighting, now would you.

Yes, there are times when you get one guy catch a shot early. But if you have a true ranking system, the fights will mean more that "this dude HATES this dude...".

They need to set up a regulated ranking system and neither Pride, nor UFC have that. Both of them are set up to make money off promoting "dudes who hate other dudes" type fights. So that makes it the SAME AS WWE without the script.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
ElTORO said:
The thing you are getting wrong is that you think WWE is a Fight. Not even Close. It's a Scripted Wrestling Dance made into a T.V. Show. WWE and UFC should not even be in the same realm.

WWE is gay stunt men, nothing more