Quantcast

The best freeride trail of my life Morgins, Switzerland

Milt-E

Chimp
May 31, 2006
Champery, Switzerland
In a small town in the Alps two American brothers are building an amazing trail. I rode the trail in Morgins, Switzerlland a few times last year and was amazed. When I shuttled it a few days ago I was amazed at how much they had already been working on the trail. Starting above tree line you roll down some flowing single track that you can really slam down. Then it flows into a steep forest section with with wodden and dirt structures everywhere. There are large drops, step downs, doubles in tight trees, really steep switch backs, log rides, skinnies, several variations, lots of flow, unbeatable scenery and a steep section that resembles a chute on a snowboard. It's like a small half pipe that snakes down a few hundred foot steep section. You can drop in lock it up and carve your way down like on a snowboard or attack the steep switchback section. I have never ridden so much variety in a single trail. I ran into the builders while riding and they told me about there website chaletdeben.com. It's got some sick photos of these guys riding well and hitting some epic trails. From the website it looks like they even opened up a cheap hostle for bikers at the base of the chairlift. The best part about Morgins is that it is linked to 14 other resorts by 25 chairlifts in 2 different countries adn over 560km of single track! So grab your passport and let's go ride. Can't wait for the chairlifts to open up again!

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
Checked out the web site. Those pictures are making me drool. Switzerland must be an amazing place to ride/hike or what have you.