Quantcast

The best state for Mountain Biking

parson153

Chimp
Oct 10, 2005
Where would you live, city and state to have the best riding and racing year round? Where would be the best neutral ground for races and riding, and where all in California are the hotspots, or the most racing action?

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Andrew didn't you know that you have to post pictures of you jumping curbs or a load of logs for anybody to respond...haha! I know you know what I'm talking about now.

I've made it up in my mind, I'm going to make it too all the Nats this year. give me a call

British Columbia.

Oh, you said in the U.S. didn't you? Well then I'd live on the coast in Cali. Either up around the bay area or even better down around Santa Barbara. This may not be the best place for biking, but near some family, surf, snow, and some epic DH for me. Driving distance or a short flight to a lot of great places to ride out west and a fairly dry summer.

Thacker

Chimp
Nov 27, 2004
Charlie, you and Andrew get a hold of me I want to come out and ride with you guys at LWC...I was also thinking about hitting the Nationals this year as well...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I hear there are some fantastic gyms in the Northern parts of California where one can get some excellent "supplements" to round out the physigue... (sorry andrew...had to take that shot...).

Back on topic, my buddy just moved back from Norcal. He lived in the Laguna area. He could ride his bike to the Laguna Seca and Sea Otter. But he said the riding in that area was amazing and just incredible. Plus, he said there were BMX tracks close by in all directions with lots of AA pros at the local track consistently.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Oh...addtion to that statement. He said some defunct militay base is there and there is a monstrous amount of open land there with trails galore.
I think that is/was Ft. Ord. We went through there during the '05 Sea Otter. The place looks like a ghost town. I was a military brat so for me it's sad to see these base closures.

But back to the subject, I gotta go with you there Butch. Left coast has it. sNorcal, Socal, if only I could afford it.

Back on topic, my buddy just moved back from Norcal. He lived in the Laguna area. He could ride his bike to the Laguna Seca and Sea Otter. But he said the riding in that area was amazing and just incredible. Plus, he said there were BMX tracks close by in all directions with lots of AA pros at the local track consistently.
Yeah, Norcal is a good place for a DH'er. You think the place would be overcrowded, but there is so much open land even out towards the coast. Mtb trails everywhere