Quantcast

The chicks are rockin

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
So Leigh Donovan and AC (seen riding a trek...) are back and with madam atherton back and a few of the other gals steped up after she stomped them a year before, seems like the girls scene could get exciting

what is everyone's thoughts on this?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
My thoughts are that AC will crush anyone in her way. When she was in shape, watching her ride was like watching a strong dude. Pumping trannies, slashing berms, muscling the bike to where it needs to be.

She's kinda old now though. :D

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
My thoughts are that AC will crush anyone in her way. When she was in shape, watching her ride was like watching a strong dude. Pumping trannies, slashing berms, muscling the bike to where it needs to be.

If you went back and looked at her times above 2nd place and added them up over a season it could be close to a fast Sea Otter time right? If she is anywhere near her former speed then it again could be a race for 2nd.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler

Ditto that... ACC dominated the women way harder than Nico ever dominated the men. She may be getting old but was she not the olympic BMX champ last year?

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Much as the little tart Rachel annoys me, she would wipe the floor with AC now. I still think it would be close if AC was in her prime.

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
I think Krispy from Go Ride is now disapointed about the skinsuit ban:D
re: His shape shifter comments in the first Down video from way back:thumb:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Much as the little tart Rachel annoys me, she would wipe the floor with AC now. I still think it would be close if AC was in her prime.
Having watched both of them ride my money would be on AC hands down even today. And she'd own it if 4X too.

SupaTone

Monkey
Jun 5, 2008
French Alps
Does that mean ACC's contract at Vario has ended... it looks like she has been riding a trek since August - but nothing official?

Great to see all these girls back in racing.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I thought it was cool in 2008 when Rachel said her goal was to have a time that would qualify in the men.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Rachel does even beat the other girls out there now consistantly.
ACC would still wipe the floor with the lot of them.
She was a true freak, and posted up the results to prove it.
I remember watching her at Vermont not only killing it on the DH course, but she raced that 4X exhibition event when 4X was just getting started. This course was huge with big gaps, and she was killing it better than alot of the pro men. She was just a ridiculous talent.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Well maybe I'm wrong guys. I remember Tracy Mosley beating AC a few times though. What was Rachel's time at the last WC compared to the rest of the field ? 10+ secs faster wasn't it ?

Anyway they both better hurry up cause this girl will stuff'em both in a year or so - http://video.mpora.com/watch/RnH8Hbb5C/

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
55 world cups wins, 12 DH World Championships, and 4 4x World Championships. Good luck to anyone trying to break those records:shocked:

At 32 she's not really all that old (same age as Kovarik). It would be great to see her back on the DH circuit but I doubt it will happen. The last interview I read she said she was looking for new challenges (a return to BMX at the time), and given her record I can't imagine she feels like she has anything to prove on the WC circuit.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Well maybe I'm wrong guys. I remember Tracy Mosley beating AC a few times though. What was Rachel's time at the last WC compared to the rest of the field ? 10+ secs faster wasn't it ?

Anyway they both better hurry up cause this girl will stuff'em both in a year or so - http://video.mpora.com/watch/RnH8Hbb5C/
Refresh my memory of when ACC was beaten straight up (no crash, no mechanical) by Moseley?
I know Missy beat her 2x forgot where, and Leigh beat ACC in Maribor, MSA and W.Va world cups (and in Dual at vancouver and durango)....but I do not remember Tracey beating ACC fair and square. Beating ACC for the chicks was a monumental achievement and rarely happened, you could not even count on 2 hands the times she lost.

That being said, there is and never will be anyone as fast/talented on a MTB as ACC. If she races world cups, she will win them all-still.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I think it would make female racing interesting. I don't think Man Caroline would be able to dominate. Look at how Nico did when he came out. He was supposedly the best. He did pretty good, but it was no domination. I think Man Caroline would have a little bit of rust she'd need to clean up. And race courses are a little different nowadays, same with the bikes and the level that's being pushed.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Refresh my memory of when ACC was beaten straight up (no crash, no mechanical) by Moseley?
I know Missy beat her 2x forgot where, and Leigh beat ACC in Maribor, MSA and W.Va world cups (and in Dual at vancouver and durango)....but I do not remember Tracey beating ACC fair and square. Beating ACC for the chicks was a monumental achievement and rarely happened, you could not even count on 2 hands the times she lost.

That being said, there is and never will be anyone as fast/talented on a MTB as ACC. If she races world cups, she will win them all-still.
Tracy won the first race at Ft. William in '02, but ACC crashed twice for her worst result since '96.

Tracy beat ACC by .14 at Deux Alps in 2004

That's it that's all

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think it would make female racing interesting. I don't think Man Caroline would be able to dominate. Look at how Nico did when he came out. He was supposedly the best. He did pretty good, but it was no domination. I think Man Caroline would have a little bit of rust she'd need to clean up. And race courses are a little different nowadays, same with the bikes and the level that's being pushed.
translation:

you want a rusty trombone from a man? :confused:

ScarredOne

Monkey
Sep 18, 2001
i think it would make female racing interesting. I don't think man caroline would be able to dominate. Look at how nico did when he came out. He was supposedly the best. He did pretty good, but it was no domination. I think man caroline would have a little bit of rust she'd need to clean up. And race courses are a little different nowadays, same with the bikes and the level that's being pushed.
hahahahahhahaha....

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Hey Stik,
Which one of those dual wins was the one where ACC looked back over her shoulder and Leigh passed her on the other side? That $hit was epic.
It was Durango. ACC never raced a Dual after that. She told Livermore (her manager) that she stopped racing Duals because her knee was bugging her, but we all knew it was because her 30-something win streak had ended by someone that was not 'supposed' to beat her. ACC was so damn fast at dual, she would have done as good if not better in 4X.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Hadn't ACC retired by then? Regardless, thanks for the data, I had forgot.
I know one year she sliced her finger open with a knife and missed most of the season, then did a limited schedule but still raced World Champs in '05 (winning w/ a crash) before fully retiring from traditional DH racing.

It was Durango. ACC never raced a Dual after that. She told Livermore (her manager) that she stopped racing Duals because her knee was bugging her, but we all knew it was because her 30-something win streak had ended by someone that was not 'supposed' to beat her. ACC was so damn fast at dual, she would have done as good if not better in 4X.
Didn't Leah beat her the weekend before in Vancouver as well. She's the only person to ever beat ACC in dual isn't she?

Pretty sure Anne did race 4x quite a bit, and won World Champs twice in '02 & '03

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Man Caroline = lame joke. Unless you'd qualify at a WC, she's almost certainly quicker than you, and jealousy is just lame.

Anyway, Nico wasn't as far ahead of the competition as ACC was tho. He was super consistent and really damn good at racing (as opposed to just riding fast and taking chances), but USUALLY his winning margins weren't huge, and other than Worlds, he didn't simply clean up time and time again in quite as insane a manner as ACC. Even Vanessa Quinn said after winning Worlds in 04 (when ACC crashed out bad and injured herself), "Ann would definitely have gone faster than me down that hill, there's no way I would have beat her." It was just a foregone conclusion that she was going to win. Then she jumps on a BMX and beats everyone at that too. Full respect to her.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
Yaa Nico wasnt training for Olympic BMX racing in his off time, not to say he wasnt in shape when he came back, but im sure in training for rally racing your training different muscle groups then cycling, AC would still be in prime pedaling shape.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
I heard that ACC used to push herself by trying to keep within 30 seconds of the winning mens time rather than simply beating the rest of the womens field. She would still be a major threat and Id be surprised if she didn't win or at least top 3 everything she enters

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
^You should say man caroline one more time. Just so everybody catches the joke. It might get funny by the third time too. Probably not, but who knows.
yeah no schlitz. that's just filth.

I would bet anyone talking **** about chausson has never seen her ride a bike.

Last edited:

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Yaa Nico wasnt training for Olympic BMX racing in his off time, not to say he wasnt in shape when he came back, but im sure in training for rally racing your training different muscle groups then cycling, AC would still be in prime pedaling shape.

yeah... training for and winning all those Mega Avalanche races surely did nothing for his fitness. :rolleyes:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I heard that ACC used to push herself by trying to keep within 30 seconds of the winning mens time rather than simply beating the rest of the womens field. She would still be a major threat and Id be surprised if she didn't win or at least top 3 everything she enters
one year ('00 or '01 maybe) she ran a different # on her helmet at each race. It was either for her placing in the men's race or the number of men she beat in the previous round, I can't remember which.

SupaTone

Monkey
Jun 5, 2008
French Alps

Anne Caro is the single most dedicated person in CYCLING - ever. In the BMX Olympics, she was the underdog but, her mental strength and amazing bike skills bought home the gold against the UK's far more powerful Shanaze Reade.

Stik is right - it was far more important for the girls to beat Anne on an even field than to actually win a race, as she only ever lost when she fell off or had a mechanical. Could Rachel beat her? Would she be as fast or faster than she was 5 years ago? 5 rounds in Europe may just bring her out of retirement?

And as for my daughter - haha... maybe one day... but till then, she is just following her dream!