Quantcast

The coolest bike ever....

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Well, atleast the most fun bike ever... In my oppinion.

sorry aboot the small phoros... Anyone wanna host some larger ones for me?

Its basicly the ultimate knee rehab/skate park/stairgapper/commuter/urban bum jumping bike
2003 K2 Flying Monkey 16"
Psylo SL 85-125.
Profile 3pc 170s.
Salsa 40T SS Chainring.
E13 chain retension sys.
Hussefelt 50mm 31.8 stem.
ProTaper 2.5rise, 31.8 handlebars.
LX rapidfire 9sp shifter.
XT rear der.
XT 12-32 cass.
Whipperman 9sp chain.
Deore/WTB disc wheelset.
Avid ball bearing cable disc(8" hayes rotor and adapter).
Poopy Deore lever.
Specialized Telluride Saddle (sooo comfy)
Serfas Drifter 2.0 tires.
Salsa seatpost QR.
Sun ZuZu Pedals(the best platforms evaaaar)
Fuzzy tennis ball in front wheel.... Makes me go faster.

Its sooo much fun to dick around the city on. Its a really 'quick' feeling bike. Its kinda light, just over 29 pounds, easy to throw around. Short top tube and short chainstays make it really fun at the skate park. I have been riding this so much, both tries on the BB7 are flat, and its all dusty.

All it needs is a Thomson post, and the Hayes put back on it. (tore the line afew days ago)

Thanks fer lookin. I

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
i love BMX bikes.

oh wait...that's a mountain bike...where is your front brake? i suggest reading the last Decline issue.there is a VERY good article by John Cowan. check it out my man.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
=[Stinky]= said:
Well, atleast the most fun bike ever... In my oppinion.
Yup. I have an early Brass Monkey (before they went to the RAD tubes) and i just love it -
Z1SL, mid weight parts, deore 555 hydros.
Great trail bike. Is it me or did K2 catch on to the whole "versatile trail/fr/urban HT" thing really early in the game, and then just drop the ball as the whole thing got popular?

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Racer-X said:
i love BMX bikes.

oh wait...that's a mountain bike...where is your front brake? i suggest reading the last Decline issue.there is a VERY good article by John Cowan. check it out my man.

...I grew up racing BMX bikes. I love them. I just like having front suspension bigger wheels and some gears too. I have a hayes for the front... But I have no plans of putting it on currently. The front brake will go on when the knobbies go on for trail riding, and hardtail catagory DH racing. Its pavement only right now. What month mag was the article in.. I think I have all the of the current Decline inssues.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Mackie said:
Is it me or did K2 catch on to the whole "versatile trail/fr/urban HT" thing really early in the game, and then just drop the ball as the whole thing got popular?
Its true man.. I have owned a handful of very nice bikes, hardtail and DH full susp. And I just really enjoy the way this bike feels more than any other one... Well except the Balfa. But thats a diff catagorie

They were into it way early. Look at the first kranked videos, Most of the riders are on K2/ProFlex bikes. They had some pretty 'new' stuff back in the day. I dunno what the deal is with the crap designs now. Some times you need to let go, and do somthing different...