Quantcast

The Cougar Mountain DH - July 6-8th @ Infineon

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
Yo YO!!!! Just want to let you know, the Cougar Mountain Classic at Infineon Raceway will be taking place from July 6th through 8th.

Infineon knows that the race hasn't been the greatest in the past but they are committed to make every improvement and it starts with the course. This year, a group of local riders, rideSFO, and Infineon have teamed up to create a fast, flowy, fun and challenging DH course. We’ve maintained the basic skeleton of the past years course, but it will be well groomed before Thursday’s practice runs. We are going to try our best to make the course as solid as it can be .....

We’ve also made sure to minimize any flatter pedal sections, and increase the flow of the course as much as possible. The course remains technical, but the fun factor has been dialed up considerably.

The course will sport new sculpted berms down steep terrain, techy off-camber sections, and an all new jump line for riders and spectators alike, that snakes from the finish of the original course downhill into the paddock where you’ll demonstrate your air skills and cornering ability for your family and friends just before crossing the finish line. We want you to come off the mountain with a smile on your face.

For more info check out ....

http://www.cmclassic.com

Lets keep another local DH race ....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Its a bummer I cant make it out to help and probably wont even make it out to race. Lame. It sounds like its going to be a sick course too. DAMN!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
It's going to be a very sick weekend ! We will be bringing the full Nemesis Project production facility down and will be BUILDING FRAMES @ CMC ! Come out and watch the show !

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Jav, you going to the CC to race? I am going one of the days for sure since i have nothing else to do.

let me no what day you are going.
Marcee Marc,

I couldn't get Saturday off for the race so, I 'm on the phone with a co-worker trying to get him to work that Saturday for me.

The only thing that sucks about that is I have to work for him July 3rd and since I'm working overtime July 2nd, that puts me working six straight days. That's six straight days of shootings, rapes and chasing people....I'm sooooo in.

EDIT: I'm going to the race on Saturday. I'll go up early, practice then race. You want to go or what??

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Hell yea i am free that day ALL DAY so i will roll with you if thats cool.

That's cool with me. I'll talk to ya more about it up at Northstar on Sunday.

For the CMC, I was probably going to do like I did for CHDH.....work my usual shift, go to bed at 3am, wake up at 6am, go up, practice, race and hang out all day.

We'll figure out the logistics but that's my hlaf assed plan.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I'm seriously thinking of entering the CMC. This would be my first race, I was gonna make the last CHDH my first but I'm feeling froggish.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
That is worth the hour drive from Roseville and using my sick time to see it.
It should be a good show , if everything works out !
I'm still a bit nervous about building bikes infront of a crowd but I'm pretty sure i'm not anouncing or anything like that .

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I'm seriously thinking of entering the CMC. This would be my first race, I was gonna make the last CHDH my first but I'm feeling froggish.
You should have gone. It was like the first race.....awesome bro. I got to check out the Nemesis hardtail and their fully. Sick wicked bro.

You better be there for the 3rd race and you should enter the CMC.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
It should be a good show , if everything works out !
I'm still a bit nervous about building bikes infront of a crowd but I'm pretty sure i'm not anouncing or anything like that .

You'll do fine. You'll forget that there will be people watching you build that have never heard of Nemesis Project. No pressure at all.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Alright, I got the buy off from the wife so I'll def be going to CMC. I'm pretty damn sure I'll be at the last race of CHDH, I heard it's a fun course.

Hannah

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
Glad to hear people are coming out. The Dh course is being worked on as we speak and we have water during the build and some great local hands working on it. I think we will exceed the expectations of some past dissappointed.

No dual slalom, we are planning on open/free 4x course with Bike skills, but one of the key folks is under the weather so it might not happen.

Did I mention karting? We have added Jim Russell karts to the event. $15 for 4 minutes is real karts on turn 11 on the race track while the roadies are racing. Should be great and the money goes to kids who are learning to repair beaten up bikes and donating them back to families who can't afford to buy new bikes.

We are looking improved.

Dirty South

Chimp
Jan 29, 2004
SF Bay Area
We've been building at Infineon the last week/weekend and the course is really fun.

We re routed the very upper section a little bit, so it's a little faster. On the steep section up top that use to be several steep rutted turns, we built 6 berms (which we've been watering daily Fri-Sun). We've widened and flattened a couple of the fast off camber sections so that you can carry more speed through those areas. We've built a bunch of smaller jumps and kickers through out the course. Cut-off a line to add another mini g-out section at the middle of the course. Bermed the lower flat s-turns from the past couple of years. And where the old finish line was, we put a series of whoops into a flat corner.

Then you cross the pavement onto the mountaincross-ish jump line beginning with a medium size hip jump. After that you go into a set of two doubles with table landings - into a berm, to a couple of smaller hip step up/down jumps to a final swooping berm back down the slight grade road to the new finish line at the expo center.

Come on out and race, practice, play. Should be a blast.

Hannah

Chimp
Apr 23, 2007
We do have great trucks, unfortuntately they are two doors (extended cab) so we will have to squeeze, but should be smooth as ever.

There will be many runs for all. I have to say, the team working on the course did an awesome job. Really looking forward to exceeding athlete expectations.

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
man phil....you made it home fast bro. thanks again for the the day. good times and more to come. starting with tommorrow.

hey... who is doing the photos and when will they be posted.
Hey Brett, cool hanging with you at N*. I will be out shooting tomorrow.

ride23

Chimp
Apr 5, 2004
man phil....you made it home fast bro. thanks again for the the day. good times and more to come. starting with tommorrow.

hey... who is doing the photos and when will they be posted.
30 mins from home! that's why we got to keep this CMC race gooing .... thanks for your help today and it was great to kick with you for once in the booth .... looking forward for tomorrow.

I know 3 photographers that were there. Great folks and photos.

http://www.davepawlak.exposuremanager.com
http://www.afinishedproduct.exposuremanager.com
http://bikeguy.smugmug.com/Mtn Bike Race Pictures

See ya tomorrow!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
30 mins from home! that's why we got to keep this CMC race gooing .... thanks for your help today and it was great to kick with you for once in the booth .... looking forward for tomorrow.

I know 3 photographers that were there. Great folks and photos.

http://www.davepawlak.exposuremanager.com
http://www.afinishedproduct.exposuremanager.com
http://bikeguy.smugmug.com/Mtn Bike Race Pictures

See ya tomorrow!

Phil,

Thanks for letting me and my buddy,Robert, hang out with guys at the booth. Thanks for the Sam Hill 5.10's. Also, thanks for the support.

Hey Brett, you are such a Rockstar and I'm glad we got to catch up on things.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got 8th in sport <18 DH... I probably got last in super D. We had to run to, then around some rocks, then ride or run up a hill, then back down, then back up, then ride. Most of the course was a gravel road with climbs. After the last climb there, the rest was downhill on a gravel road, then down a trail with some tight corners weaving between the parking lots and seats.

BLS439

Chimp
Jul 9, 2007
Santa Cruz, Ca
Thanks CamaroKyle and Phil! I do have most of the photos done. Email/PM me with your numbers and I'll see if I have you. Here are a couple from the event. Of you can visit my MySpace page to see more/posts with photos.

Cheers.
Dave