Quantcast

The creepiest thing I've ever seen.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
notice how he had himself painted as a white person. i'm glad he's gone. i didn't like his music or his eccentricities, nothing about him. you can say all you want about what he supposedly did for pop music, but i don't see it. if he were still alive we would have to watch him turn into an even crazier person, ala Liz Taylor. good riddence to him. time to plow over Neverland and all the crap in it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
you can say all you want about what he supposedly did for pop music, but i don't see it.
:rofl:

Look, you can like the guy or not - he was definitely ten kinds of crazy - but that kind of statement is just idiotic. Nothing short of ridiculous.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
:rofl:

Look, you can like the guy or not - he was definitely ten kinds of crazy - but that kind of statement is just idiotic. Nothing short of ridiculous.
He's kind of right, in a sense. I didn't dig all that music. Was he famous??? Sure. Was he the "soul" of music??? Not in my opinion.

Hitler had plenty of whacked out followers, but was still a crazy ass loon. It doesn't matter how many people like you, or once did. If you are batsh*t crazy, it's what you have to look forward to being remembered by.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
as an artist I had to comment on this. the artist in the article definitely has quite a bit of skill... the subject of the painting is definitely strange, but what wasn't strange about michael jackson? jackson was sick.. mentally ill, without a doubt. I was never a fan of his music, king of pop? who knows...talented? absolutely. right when it comes down to it, the guy was an entertainer and was a victim to his own popularity and the leeches around him that tried to suck his bank account dry. who knows whether he molested and raped kids. maybe he did, maybe he didn't, we'll never know, we weren't there. but what that painting tells me is that he had some serious SERIOUS mental issues that were not addressed and it's kind of a shame that they weren't. i can't imagine what went through that guy's head day in and day out...must have been some really crazy stuff.

*edit*
does anyone else find this down right scary? if this happened to me, i would have thought that i was having a nightmare..

Artist David Nordahl was at home painting in February 1988 when the phone rang at midnight. A voice said, "This is Michael Jackson."

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You said he was idiotic for not seeing the draw. My comment was no more irrelevant. Perhaps your eyebrows are getting in the way of you reading clearly. :think:
No. I said it was idiotic to imply that he he hadn't done anything for pop music. Whether or not you liked the music is irrelevant.

Britney Spears can't sing worth a sh*t and her music blows but she practically defined a genre by herself and raised a generation of prancing pop stars in push-up bras. Not liking it and being blind to the utterly obvious impact the music had are two different things.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
He's kind of right, in a sense. I didn't dig all that music. Was he famous??? Sure. Was he the "soul" of music??? Not in my opinion.

Hitler had plenty of whacked out followers, but was still a crazy ass loon. It doesn't matter how many people like you, or once did. If you are batsh*t crazy, it's what you have to look forward to being remembered by.
Did you just draw a comparison between Michael Jackson and HITLER? :rofl: Congratulations, you win this week's Retard Award.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yeah, he did so much for pop music. my ass. Why does every artist now use vocoders and lip sync the entire time? Half of them have the vocal range of a 15 year old boy.

Jackson was an incredible musician, singer, performer, creapo, but he did f*ck all for pop music as a genre. It still sucks, and it's still whoever has the best producer and marketability (read: boobs). If he had actually done anything for the genre, we'd see good music with quality singers over it. I'm not sure anything like that exists anymore.