Quantcast

The Current Issues in Iraq were Predicted?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You thought the invasion of Iraq was a new idea? They were looking for an excuse for a while. 9/11 was just an easy excuse, even though it had nothing to do with it.

Scary to think.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
not to stick up for prez shrub, but how can you lay the blame of pre-emptive invasion on the current administration if they didn't come into power until 2000? honestly, it looks like the blame for "planning" the whole thing stretches well into the clinton admin.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
google "PNAC".

Many members of PNAC are now in the current admin. PNAC laid plans for an invasion.

Clinton isn't as dumb as Bush. In fact, Bush Sr. isn't that dumb and said as such back in 1990. Invading Iraq wasn't something that Bush Sr thought was a good idea.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
oh, sorry, didn't read the article, just did... all govts run all kinds of simulations all the time. Even if they're not deployed, they're educational.

I was referring to the plan of invasion... which was what I meant by PNAC. that's why Bush won the repub preliminaries in 1999. He was a member of PNAC and PNAC knew they could control him.

As for the simulation predicting what is going on, I'm not surprised at all that THIS admin ignored the research of THAT admin. Heck, previous admin also had info about 9/11 that this admin ignored.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
right on...just did a little search on PNAC. didn't know much about them, but it sounds like you're speakin the truth there, opie. nevertheless, it still boggles my mind.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
what year did you say this stretches back to? 1997? when did the US wrap up those war games? 1999? i'm just learning about it, and it's 2006. i consider myself a fairly open minded, educated individual who at least makes an effort to read the paper (or news site) daily. (but that's classified info for ya) and it really just makes me wonder how much other crap is locked away in filing cabinets somehwere in DC.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yup, secrets. I understand what you're getting at.

Read a new joke yesterday...

Q: How do you know that the CIA wasn't involved in assassinating Kennedy?

A: He's dead, isn't he?