Quantcast

The customers always right?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
There is the essence of the "Customer is always right." They are asking for something, give it to them. Your ability or what seems to be an inability in this case to negotiate a fair price is a different story.

You really have no clue on how risk based pricing works do you? How long have you been doing this?
Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Or did all the fried food rot your brain? Insulting people the way you do, you'd think you have some sort of physical or mental prowess to back it up. But you're built soft and type big.

You shat on two guys in one post and aren't a professional on either subject. Amazing...:thumb:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
There is the essence of the "Customer is always right." They are asking for something, give it to them. Your ability or what seems to be an inability in this case to negotiate a fair price is a different story.
The key with "The Customer is Always Right" is when you have difficult employees who are unwilling to accomodate their customers.

However, if you have competent and trained staff, and then you have some ridiculous demands from a few, then you need to decide how you want to handle them.

Back to bikes, I had to deal with a snotty customer who cracked a crankarm. The warranty was only 1 year (the confusion was that Campy at the time had a 3-2-1 year warranty based on Record-Chorus-everything else), and the customer had the bike for 2+ years.

But the customer had lied about how long he owned the bike and was rude about the whole thing. Finally, when I told him that the arm was past the warranty period, he said, "What is your shop going to do to honor the warranty?"

Naturally, I told him "nothing", but I was overruled by the wishy-washy manager and the customer got his free crankarm. Later he got defensive and said that guy was not invited back. I said, if you let me handle it, he wouldn't be coming back but we would have kept the crankarm.

But let's say you had untrained staff that was more concerned about their own issues, then "The Customer is always right" is not a bad policy.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
You shat on two guys in one post and aren't a professional on either subject. Amazing...:thumb:
you'd think you have some sort of physical or mental prowess to back it up.
Pfft... 2 for 1 I would imagine that is some mental prowess right there. For the record I was only trying to insult you and just making a point to Milo.

While his rant might have been very relavant. My point was to why is the customer always right. It is because they are the source of revenue. Wether you want to do the work for the price they are willing to pay is where the hard part comes in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is why I have State Farm. We pay a premium to have this insurance, but the service is beyond amazing. I have on four occasions had claims, and am currently 'ahead' of state farm with regards to my premiums, but there re no questions. When Wife's bike was stolen, and it was one that I had pieced together from parts to which I had no reciepts, the question was not where are the receipts (which is what the insurance company that SHOULD have covered it said). They simply asked how much did I pay for it, and how much would it cost to replace. They even knew that it was stolen from elsewhere than my house and another insurance company denied the claim.

In my business we have a customer is always right policy, as long as they pay for it.:thumb:

Insurance companies pick and choose their customers. Geico basicly loads the boat with chum and is lucky enough to catch some bigger, better eating fish.

Progressive uses their pretentious screening process to hand pick only the choicest morsels.

I know nothing of either company's service levels, only their pricing model. But owrking for State Farm, I know we concentrate on customer service as our #1 goal.

That being said, we also make it easy to do that by carrying quality customers.

Don't think the option to hand pick your customers is there for you, so the waiver notice about staining should be in your customer contract.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
This is why I have State Farm. We pay a premium to have this insurance, but the service is beyond amazing.
Goddammit don't stroke his ego. Granted, I AM just a little angry because they won't insure me but I seriously don't think any insurance company is god's gift to man.