which way do you prefer your eggs?

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
how do you like 'em best?

i voted for fried and scrambled...there was a time where i couldn't eat a fried egg, then i moved on to the state where it had to have the yolk cooked so much it would bounce, but my wife's turned me onto the runny golden yumminess of an over-easy egg, mopped up w/ toast.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I prefer to eat my eggs fried or scrambled but most often choose the convenience of the cook now eat later hard boiled egg.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Pretty much any way but raw..unless we're talking quail eggs, in which case only raw.

Wait I guess I eat regular eggs raw too - in fresh aioli, in a good caeser, etc.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
narlus said:
the runny golden yumminess of an over-easy egg, mopped up w/ toast.
That's revolting.

Cooked, I only eat them scrambled. I love omlettes.

I'll eat them fried in a sandwich if they're fried really hard.

I like hard boiled eggs a lot, though. And deviled eggs = :drool:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
buttychunkster said:
Yessum we all love eggs but lest we forget when we bite into that soft runny centre that they are essentially aborted chicken embryos. Ew.
Unfertilized, dood. They're not embryonic anything. They're just eggs. Yes, you could still find some 'eww-factor' to that, but please drop the 'aborted embryo' krap.

:cool:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
key is to use a warm bowl, and transfer the heated egg/cheese mixture immediately to the just-drained pasta. that should be warm enough to kill some nasties, but not all.

nobody, i figured omelets/frittatas were in the 'scrambled' realm.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nobody said:
Unfertilized, dood. They're not embryonic anything. They're just eggs. Yes, you could still find some 'eww-factor' to that, but please drop the 'aborted embryo' krap.

:cool:
Not that it matters either. Various animals either other animals fertilized eggs as part of their diet - its a natural dieting behavior and humans are just another animal.

Millions of years of evolution can't be wrong ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
SkaredShtles said:
Why? What do you suppose that guarantees?
Most of time it guarantees very little other than that the chickens will have a small patch of grass available during the last couple weeks of their 7-8 week life, after they have been conditioned to stay inside nice and safe with thousands of other birds. The spend their lives indoors, and during the last couple weeks a little door is opened at the end of the coop. My understanding is that very few actually avail themselves of the opportunity.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
OGRipper said:
Most of time it guarantees very little other than that the chickens will have a small patch of grass available during the last couple weeks of their 7-8 week life, after they have been conditioned to stay inside nice and safe with thousands of other birds. The spend their lives indoors, and during the last couple weeks a little door is opened at the end of the coop. My understanding is that very few actually avail themselves of the opportunity.
BINGO! In other words, it guarantees nothing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
buttychunkster said:
I dont spose it guarantees nothin. Lets not get all hot under the political collar. If youre gonna eat the eggs of another animal ( which I do ) I guess it dont matter a jack shee it:)
Just trying to counter any misinformation that might be spread. Of course, in NZ freerange might actually mean something.

Here it's just a marketing tool. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
buttychunkster said:
too true...well we can normally buy our eggs by the tray at the vege shop down the road who get them from the farm ( not a battery farm! ) down the road. I hope them chickens aint too repressed! :clue:
And if they're free range you do indeed need to worry about embryos - because those roosters are horny little f**kers. :D

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
SkaredShtles said:
"Cooked" is a bit of an overstatement for carbonara, don't you think? The kind I make I'm pretty sure the egg doesn't really get cooked. At least not enough to kill anything nasty.
Unless I am using super fresh eggs I would eat raw, I cut the egg with a little milk and leave the pan on the heat until just before I add the mixture. If I don't keep it moving the eggs scramble.

The eggs are cooked just as much (or more) as if fried, especially your sunny-side up way.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Fried. I like them "over medium". Fried in the bacon fat. :drool: I usually add some garlic powder to the mix and some Franks hot sauce combined with some ketchup.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Scrambled or omlettes. I love a pepper/onion/bacon/monterey jack cheese omlette with some hot sauce.

Never did like fried eggs much. The only time I ate them was in England and Scotland when that was all the had. :oink: