Quantcast

The Episode III thread, geeks unite

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all

I am back after a long time (missed me?), so anyone here got the EpIII PS2/xbox game? 15mins of film footage, the film's trailer, and a review by someone i trust (Kevin Smith) promises that Epi III will be on par with the original trilogy and not just another CGI cheesy kids movie (Epi I).

What do you reckon on this?

Yannis

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The advertisements I've seen for it looked pretty sweet! I played the first one and liked it.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
how is the EP3 game? I crack up everytime I see the commercial where the guy uses the force push to knock the paperboy off his bike.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Going to the first showing In town. Should be crazy loaded with Jedi's, and Darth Vaders, and storm troopers. If I can sneek my big ass e20 in there I will so yoou guys can have a laugh too :D

As for the movie... I think it looks pertty sweet so far. Im my opinion it wasnt the CGI that ruined the last movies. It was all the bad dialogue, it was ripe with bad dialogue, especially the 2nd movie :rolleyes: I'm sure there will be horrid dialogue in this one too. I just want to see the emperor weild a light saber and darth vader be born :thumb:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
What's the idea behind the Starwars EPIII game for xbox. Are you just playing the movie out? Or is it a little like Knights of the Old Republic-style. OH! I'm such a geek. ;)

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
call me a geek but...

The last one was so ridden with clichés and awful dialogue I ended up lauging at the serious parts. The asteriod belt chase scene with the mines was really cool, but I'm pretty sure Lucas contracted the writing job out to the local pre-school. What happened to han solo-eaque crazyness ?! - seem like it's all cg and serious (albeit dumb) lines with drama now.

but just the same I still can't wait to see a 300-pound storm trooper with a tub of popcorn and a lightsabre.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I think I saw the real life Comic Book guy from the Simpsons in Walgreens the other day...he had the sides of his head shaved and the rest of his longish hayer was in a pony tail...and he had the full goatee...and he was fat...and he had star wars pins...like hat pins you see on cowboy hats...all over his Walgreens vest...like at least 10 of em...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
math2014 said:
well i can tell you from the game that EIII is TOO dark.... Anakin (Vader called now in the movie) storms the Jedi temple and demolishes EVERYTHING.
That is how it is in the book. Kills little kiddies to.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Superdeft said:
The last one was so ridden with clichés and awful dialogue I ended up lauging at the serious parts.
I guess you never the noticed Oscar winning dialogue in Episodes 4-6.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I will be seeing it on the 19th...took the day off ;)...right now I'm playing rebulic commando way to much though...D

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
math2014 said:
well i can tell you from the game that EIII is TOO dark.... Anakin (Vader called now in the movie) storms the Jedi temple and demolishes EVERYTHING.
I'm assuming as you go to the dark side you end up stomping everything around you...a natural progression.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Somebody once told me that Lucas let his kids help direct episodes 1 and 2. Hence the presence of everybody's favorite Jar Jar Binks. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but honestly I don't really care.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Crazy Sweeper said:
Somebody once told me that Lucas let his kids help direct episodes 1 and 2. Hence the presence of everybody's favorite Jar Jar Binks. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but honestly I don't really care.
I heard he let his kids name some of the characters. They would look at something on the street and say "blaahhahgg"...Oh! That's alien #2's name!

butthead

Chimp
Dec 17, 2001
Las Cruces, NM
stevew said:
That is exactly why I don't understand why so many people are upset with how "bad" Episode 1 and 2 were. It's not like the Star Wars movies ever had any real depth. It's basic good vs. evil with cool special effects. It always has been. It's like people were expecting George Lucas to re-invent the wheel or something with Ep I.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
butthead said:
That is exactly why I don't understand why so many people are upset with how "bad" Episode 1 and 2 were. It's not like the Star Wars movies ever had any real depth. It's basic good vs. evil with cool special effects. It always has been. It's like people were expecting George Lucas to re-invent the wheel or something with Ep I.

Lucas sort of did reinvent the wheel with the original 3 star wars movies. He invented more movie special effects with the original star wars than just about any movie ever made.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I just finished watching Return of the Jedi on tv...I almost had tears in my eyes when Anakin finally died at the end.

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
stevew said:
I'm not sure if you're defending the new films by saying the old writing was good, or agreeing with me about the crappy new writing but comparing the fact that the old writing was sub-par as well...

Even if the old movies writing was awful, it's been heard and re-watched so many times, quoted, immitated, and repeated to the point where the initial impression of (any) literary or poetic value is nearly irrelevant, so it's very hard to compare our reaction to these films with that of the new ones which havn't had as much time to gel in the minds of the general pop.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Just found out I'll be hitting the midnight showing on the 19th at the Uptown in DC with my office mate who got me a ticket as a thank you for overhauling his bike. :)