Quantcast

The fab/DIY thread....

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
do you remember me driving it at northstar or cccx races? it had 180k on it. I ended up getting a yanmar diesel and threw it in it.

not so good on asphalt any more or trips to races.
woah, that's the same one?!?

I have a jeep slowly rusting in my backyard that needs rehabing. You just inspired me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have a Garage now and I have always dreamed of setting up my own shop. I can do anything to a bike. I just need the tools. In the process of getting this house I may have sold out on my dream. I need to recover my dream. I want a welder, benches, a drill press, and a kick ass vice. I have determined that my Single Speed 29'r is just a Garage bike and I don't enoy riding it. So I am selling it to finance tools.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have a Garage now and I have always dreamed of setting up my own shop. I can do anything to a bike. I just need the tools. In the process of getting this house I may have sold out on my dream. I need to recover my dream. I want a welder, benches, a drill press, and a kick ass vice. I have determined that my Single Speed 29'r is just a Garage bike and I don't enoy riding it. So I am selling it to finance tools.

it all starts with a garage and some craigslist tools, next thing you know you have a steel building and full on fab shop.

I think I am going to revamp my woodshop, it has been too ugly and plain jane for far too long

my last woodshop felt like a museum, I miss it

I will end up making everything in the woodshop out of wood. I think there should be no metal in a woodshop and viceaversa

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
it all starts with a garage and some craigslist tools, next thing you know you have a steel building and full on fab shop.

I think I am going to revamp my woodshop, it has been too ugly and plain jane for far too long

my last woodshop felt like a museum, I miss it

I will end up making everything in the woodshop out of wood. I think there should be no metal in a woodshop and viceaversa
I wish I had room to split up wood and metal. I have a small two car garage, which is more than I know a lot of people have, but would still like at least a 3 car. The one thing that does appeal to me about not living in SoCal would be having a monster shop with plenty of room and tools to fill it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My buddy closed on a house in Albany on Friday. 9 acres with 2 pole barn shops and a 3 car garage. One shop I will be setting up for powdercoat, the other will be the metal fab shop. Hope to start welding up the oven and blast cabinet next month and should have everything running by Christmas. Might pick up Snap On to carry in house.

GFF, the setup you had in Sisters was bad ass. My powdercoat shop is the same size as the non-wood shop you had out there. Should work out well. I have a ton of powder to do on my truck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bored with Wood or Stone. I want to learn about Metal. I want to build lugged steel custom Audio Racks. I built one out of Fastenal and it was so cool the DJ wants 4 more. I want my racks to stand out. I want it to be art or furniture. Integrated cabling and power. Nickel plated 90's and T's. Nickel plated square and round tubes. As flexible as Fastenal, but steel and pretty. Totally custom. You tell me the Components and I deisgn you a rack or console. I have designed some cool hardware and it would be unlike anything you ever have seen. I think it's a home run....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA

Also working on a fab table. I bought a table off CL just for the 5/8" top.

I love plasma cutters.

5/8" plate, ready to get blanchard ground. Then will go to the waterjet to have some fixturing holes cut as well as getting trimmed and squared up.

Last edited: