Quantcast

The G-20 is SUCKING right now!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I don't care what your views on the G-20 are, but here in Pittsburgh, it is starting to cause problems... and not the kind of problems that can be avoided.

#1- cell providers are starting to get bogged down. :mad:
#2- Internets is running SOOOOo slow because of all these peeps hoggin up bandwidth.:mad:

this doesn't even mention there are cops causing problems everywhere, watching out for people who are supposedly going to cause trouble. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I remember reading somewhere that PGH city council was trying to pass a law that would allow police to arrest people only on suspicious behavior in regards to protests around G20. Brunge, do you know anything about this?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I remember reading somewhere that PGH city council was trying to pass a law that would allow police to arrest people only on suspicious behavior in regards to protests around G20. Brunge, do you know anything about this?
in a blue state...shocking.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
so you are saying that the addition of what , a thousand or so, more people has crippled the E infrastructure in Pittsburgh? If so then you have way more issues than the G20
No, I think there are several factors. #1 many thousands of media people are here covering the G-20, and those media types use up the damn bandwidth. #2 many thousands of protestors (who should be anti-establishment enough to NOT HAVE COMPUTERS AND CELL PHONES! ) #3 Jon, may I borrow your foil hat... Thank you... :tinfoil: I bet every conversation and internet transaction in and around the Burgh is being monitored! :shocked:

I don't know the exact shoot to kill orders, but the cops have sure been proactive in taking chit that isn't locked down, and then again some stuff that is.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/20964395/detail.html:rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
are times that hard that pittsburgh was the best they could do for a host city?

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
so you are saying that the addition of what , a thousand or so, more people has crippled the E infrastructure in Pittsburgh? If so then you have way more issues than the G20
Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? The general infrastructure of this city can't support itself, let alone thousands of extra people. :rolleyes:

I don't really care about the G20 either, but my workplace will be closed Thursday and Friday because they are expecting protests, so I can't complain too much. :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Have you ever been to Pittsburgh? The general infrastructure of this city can't support itself, let alone thousands of extra people. :rolleyes:

I don't really care about the G20 either, but my workplace will be closed Thursday and Friday because they are expecting protests, so I can't complain too much. :thumb:
did you see the Asian lady they interviewed on the news last night questioning and talking about why Pittsburgh was "the most livable city"... LOL she was a hoot! there were like 50 reporters listening to her and reporting on her, and she was a nobody with nothing to say, but at least she was saying it in broken English!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
as a fellow pittsburgh'r i am here to tell you that my internets are flying right now and my cell phone didnt explode in my hand yet.

brungeman is out of his mind

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Quoted for truth. I am so fvcking sick of seeing Steelers jerseys, flags, and towels everywhere and the season just started.
You picked the wrong town to live in if you're not a football fan.

Pittsburgh is a Drinking City with a Football problem.

Or was it the other way around? I need a drink.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
agree'd i was born here without much of a choice and a career i enjoy now...there is a damn good mtn biking scene here to but the rest i could do without...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
agree'd i was born here without much of a choice and a career i enjoy now...there is a damn good mtn biking scene here to but the rest i could do without...
Yup. I've lived all over the country, and no matter where I've been, there's a subset of the population that gets on my nerves.

All things considered, Pittsburgh is a pretty nice city. Reasonable cost of living, plenty of entertainment and culture (museums, sports, restaraunts, bars, etc). Only reason I don't live there is because there isn't much going on there in terms of the packaging industry (which is what I do).

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Quoted for truth. I am so fvcking sick of seeing Steelers jerseys, flags, and towels everywhere and the season just started.
I said the same of the Spurs at a tennis match years ago. I lived in San Antonio and the guy was a semi-pro ATP player that loved the Spurs. I won 11 f*#king points. He hit so hard I broke strings in 2 racquets. It was not funny then. All because he asked about the playoffs and I said "f*#k the Spurs". Won't do that again.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
You picked the wrong town to live in if you're not a football fan.
That's not really a criteria I look at for places to live. But it doesn't matter, I may not be staying here too much longer anyway.

there is a damn good mtn biking scene here to but the rest i could do without...
Yep, the fact that there is tons of riding opportunities nearby is probably the best part about this city.

All things considered, Pittsburgh is a pretty nice city. Reasonable cost of living, plenty of entertainment and culture (museums, sports, restaraunts, bars, etc). Only reason I don't live there is because there isn't much going on there in terms of the packaging industry (which is what I do).
It has areas that are nice, but there are so many areas that aren't much better than 3rd world countries. If they knocked down all of the sh1t buildings and houses (which is like 1/3 of the stuff in the city) it would be much nicer.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Yeah, I was about to say... people forget that Pittsburgh is a pretty small city as things go - approximately 300K (and shrinking.)

When they built the huge convention center, a concern was that the city didn't have the infrastructure (transportation, lodging, etc.) to host such a huge event. I guess this is one of the first real big tests.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah, I was about to say... people forget that Pittsburgh is a pretty small city as things go - approximately 300K (and shrinking.)

When they built the huge convention center, a concern was that the city didn't have the infrastructure (transportation, lodging, etc.) to host such a huge event. I guess this is one of the first real big tests.
yeah and it just started we have ppl hanging off bridges currently...:rofl:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
went out for a few minutes downtown last night, it's like marshall law...Armed Military in Humvee's at every bridge, cant go 5 feet without seeing a cop, helicopters...pretty nuts

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Rip, I am not sure how to respond...

but I think so?...

Imagine that the choices of what to see in Pittsburgh last night were.
Stinkin hippies in a make shift tent city. with cops everywhere...
stinkin hippies at a clean jobs rally that had Big head todd and the monsters opening for Joan Jett with cops everywhere...
or Stinkin Metal heads at "Lamb Of God" with opening act Gwar beating up stinkin hippies!

I would have chosen to see Gwar again if they weren't opening for "LOG"! 40 to 50 some odd dollars in a venue where the full effect of GWAR could not be felt, is nuts.

then again seeing if the drummer from BHT could keep a beat any better than the last time I saw them and seeing Joan Jett may have been mildly entertaining as well!