Quantcast

The Gathering (Final Wrap)

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
For those of you who did not make it tonight..You missed some sick ass stuff. Everybody from begginer to pro was throwing it. Flares,back flips that touch the roof. A front flip that was so close to being perfect. Clean or not the crowd was in it big time. You could not have asked for a better performance from all the riders and the GHY crew pulled out all the stops again to put this event together and the turn out by the fans was in awesome for both nights. Great job guys, can't wait for the gathering 07

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Here's some pics from day 2 - the GHY guys did an awesome job!
I'll have a gallery up in a couple of days - I took over 800 photos and need to weed through them.

Travis

Synchronized jumping

Last night's winner - Phil

Stormin Norman

Andy

Chase

RIDEDH.COM

Chimp
Jan 29, 2006
Puyallup, WA

Heres some of the shots I took during the Gathering, I had some trouble cause I didn't have a bigger flash:mad: ....All Shot with A Canon EOS digital Rebel.

BILLY

ggrubb

Monkey
Jul 3, 2002
Endub Empire
dirtjumpP.1 said:
this is a sick pic of joe... any idea on how he did?
Joe was throwing down with the best of them, but didnt qualify for the final. He has some mechanical difficulties with his seat after backfliping the spine, kinda messed with his flow.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
ggrubb said:
Joe was throwing down with the best of them, but didnt qualify for the final. He has some manical difficulties with his seat after backfliping the spine, kinda messed with his flow.
joe rocks the world... ill talk to him tommorrow at the shop about it, and hopefully see some footage.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
I got a little footage of Joe. I really liked his style, but apparantly the judges didn't . One line in particular stuck out to me: manny up the quarter to fakie nose manny out. SICK. He was back flipping the spine with ease, while it took porter something like 10 tries to finally get it. Not taking away from porter, just saying that Joe is one of the most underrated riders out there.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
all the riders were throwing down big stuff!!! it was a blast to watch, and yeah...joe was definetly under appreciated.....but ya.....when both the sunbaums were out there in qualifying...that was pretty impressive....glad they both placed so high....locals are the best!!!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Yes both nights were sick, one of the most impresive was Mccaul's barrel rolling the step down the first night. I dont think he placed, I think he crashed trying to do it for the final, to bad that run he was doing was just as good b-claw's. Phil's 360 tailwip was sick, he landed it once right?. Too bad Travis never stuck the front flip, that was painfull to watch, way more balls than I will ever have. Hard to reamber everything, to many energy drinks with vodka :). Didnt some one do a 540 over the spine or box or somthing??? Oh ya the local guy with the white helmit, rode a bmx last year, he was killing it too!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Someone posted video of Phil's backflip crankstall and Robbie's crazy wall ride transfer thing. It looked like Phil almost hit the celling with that back flip but I didnt think he actully staled on it. Amazing, I cant even clear that box to the tranny. Computer skills are not the best or I would make a link but its on nsmb forum under phots and vids

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
no he just tire tapped it... he does it all the time... yea and adrew carpenter 540'd the spine.. robbie's wallride was off the hook... i want more pictures

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
scbiker06 said:
anyone get pics of the kid who broke his ankle? rode a transition and had a black helmet and black transition
You sure it wasn't a .243?

One of my friends was up there on a black .243, black helmet, and he messed his anke up pretty good.

He was 3ing off the scaffolding box during the DJ comp in Expert...

britinmtb

Chimp
Apr 7, 2005
kent
well i want to say thanks to aj matt and steve. for throughing a great contest. the riding was great. phill andy travis robbi and andrew and all the ams local kids rocked it. i had fun too riding. so congrates to the guys and ghy and to all the locals who competed in the contest.
cheers
shane knapp

scbiker06

Chimp
Sep 6, 2005
Washington
.:Jeenyus:. said:
You sure it wasn't a .243?

One of my friends was up there on a black .243, black helmet, and he messed his anke up pretty good.

He was 3ing off the scaffolding box during the DJ comp in Expert...
nope because i remeber he was riding in the beginner class... he was like the only kid throwing tailwhips besides the pro's. and he crashed on the second big jump