Quantcast

The "I'm sitting at home doing absolutely nothing on a saturday night" thread...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
inbred: your grados broke? that's too bad. fwiw, i just ordered up some Rx sunglasses ("nice" model) from HaberVision:

www.habervision.com

browse around the products section for a bit and a 50% "affinity code" will pop up. :thumb:

steve haber was the bollé founder and ceo until 1995, then retired with a 10 year non-compete clause. those ten years are up, and habervision is his new enterprise, with a focus on polarized eyewear :)

fubar5

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
Houston, TX
the Inbred said:
i'm trying to decide....

sell Evil Eye Pro, buy RX Racing Jackets and RX-ify my Crosshairs

or

buy contacts

That is a toughie, but I lean towards RX-ifying because contacts tend to be a reoccuring cost plus somewhat a pain in the ass.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sanjuro said:
That's sounds like how Dr Lector spent his residency...
Note to self... do not ride alone in the woods with Toshi...

And the pig is outside sleeping...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Ciaran said:
Note to self... do not ride alone in the woods with Toshi...
what's also striking is in orchestra freshman year of college i sat next to a fellow who was a surly math-major trombone player from Eliot House... just like Ted Kaczynski, aka the Unabomer/Unabomber

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Toshi said:
nice catch! i didn't realize that dr. lecter had been listening to the goldberg variations in "the silence of the lambs", but this ancient (1998! http://www.faqs.org/faqs/movies/hannibal-lecter/ ) faq reveals it to be true.
I actually own that album thanks to Dr. Lecter. I have read all the books as well.

One film I can recommend is "32 Short Films About Glenn Gould". Fascinating...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
sanjuro said:
I actually own that album thanks to Dr. Lecter. I have read all the books as well.

One film I can recommend is "32 Short Films About Glenn Gould". Fascinating...
you saw some behavior you wished to emulate in lecter, eh :looney:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Toshi said:
you saw some behavior you wished to emulate in lecter, eh :looney:
I feel that he is not just an kindred spirit, but a mentor as well.

Sincerely,

An Avid Fan

p.s. what is your address?

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
Hmm boredom threads being all the rage in the summer? Ain't right...
i'm stuck up in interior alaska, skooks, and am on call this weekend...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
robdamanii said:
Ok, so who's sitting home doing nothing on Sunday as well?
Yup. I am going to order some chicken wings in a bit and pick up a growler on the way. After that I will prolly watch 60 minutes, the tour, call my ex back, and seeth in anger until I fall asleep. Its f'n hot here too.....

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Yep, sitting home on a Sunday, I go back home to Charlottesville tomorrow. Woo Woot for that. I found this little button on my laptop (IBM) disc drive and I'm playing with it....i have no clue what it does.:think:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
robdamanii said:
Ok, so who's sitting home doing nothing on Sunday as well?

uhhh well i am at home but i am busy as hell.

already cleaned the house, did all my laundry, took care of some invoices for some jobs i have done, cleaned the basement to get ready to build my picture frame buiolding bench and will be mowing the grass soon. also edited a ton of photos and did some organization in the folders.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
partsbara said:
i m so bored i might wash my truck
oh hell i forgot to mention i washed my car today as well....damn gettin up at 6:30 is kinda nice.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Same old, same old here. Did get some gardening done today, worked on some new jumps in the yard, drained and swept all the rollers in my pumptrack (we've had a LOT of rain this year!!) and still working on these G/D Redhooks...:)

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Busy day here too..weeded around a bunch of trees, washed the truck, cleaned the house and just came back from playing hockey

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
OGRipper said:
How was D-ville?

I just came back from a 60 mile road ride and ate a huge cheeseburger, now I'm kicking back with a Sierra Summer fest thinking about what to eat next. :wave:
one of my mates pulled the pin cause he wanted to rest and the other hit the lake with his family...

didn t go :mad: ... wasted a whole farking day around this place... miserable hot, wishing i was on my bike... i might hit it tomorrow... it s only an hour drive from my place... i ll have to hook up with one of my mates tho' since i don t know the trail well enough to blast down it by myself...