Quantcast

The Island

J

JRB

While somewhat far fetched, it was pretty bad ass. Scarlett is a hottie. I saw the preview for Walk the Line, and it looks awesome.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
scarlet johanssen... :drool:

I actually liked the movie too, but can you say PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

I had the hankering for aquafina while playing my xbox in my GM car... I'm surprised the 800 number for GM and an ad for "employee discount" didn't flash across the screen. It was all a little ridiculous and distracting to me.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
you didn't see the multimillion dollar ad campaign?!

yea disasterarea I thought of that too. Alot of it was, but its been too long since I've seen Logans run to draw alot of references, but the "branding," the track suits, etc, and some of the basic principles were very similar. But in true Michael Bay fashion, alot of stuff gets blown up, and after all, it has SCARLETT JOHANSSEN. What else needs to be said?

or the big version HERE

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
MtnBikerNJ said:
scarlet johanssen... :drool:

I actually liked the movie too, but can you say PRODUCT PLACEMENT.

I had the hankering for aquafina while playing my xbox in my GM car... I'm surprised the 800 number for GM and an ad for "employee discount" didn't flash across the screen. It was all a little ridiculous and distracting to me.
It did, you must have been reaching for the pop corn. :p

:D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Worst looking movie of the year. I love how it's supposed to be a bit suspenseful but you already know that the island doesn't exist and that they are really just clones.....I bet there is even a happy ending.

Stupid Hollywood, keeps pushing crap :angry:

I apologize for being bitter this morning.

The Ito

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Scarlett..............

blacked out there for a bit. The movie has more then just some similarities to Logan's Run, matter in fact my wife asked me if it was a remake of Logan's Run on our way out.

BTW - after Superman Bryan Singer plans to remake Logan's Run and I just don't think it will be the same without Jenny.

J

JRB

Don't go see it. I don't care, but quit crapping on my thread.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
ito said:
Worst looking movie of the year. I love how it's supposed to be a bit suspenseful but you already know that the island doesn't exist and that they are really just clones.....I bet there is even a happy ending.

Stupid Hollywood, keeps pushing crap :angry:

I apologize for being bitter this morning.

The Ito
I dunno. I thought it might have some entertainment value.

My vote for worst looking of the year is Stealth. Jamie must have made that before his Oscar...

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
Barbaton said:

My vote for worst looking of the year is Stealth. Jamie must have made that before his Oscar...

yea I think he must have. I bet the CGI took forever to do. I have not read 1 single even HALFWAY decent review on it. even reviewers that like those kinds of movies said it was pretty miserable... So I went and saw the Island instead!

it was pretty muc a good popcorn movie. but yea, showing everything in the preview is getting a bit ridiculous. its like when you see a preview of a comedy, but then actually see the full movie and ALL of the funny stuff was in the trailer. its really disappointing!

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
laura said:
i've never even heard of it. you sure do see a lot of movies.

I guess Logan's Run is quite an old film now so that's probably why you might not have seen it. Jessica 6 aka Jenny Agutter :drool: then is what Scarlet :drool: is today I suppose.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
scarlett= teh hottz. you even get to see some side boob, it was quite nice. i agree, it was quite farfetched, but it was a good movie with some good action. the only thing thing i didnt like was the obsurd amound of product placement.

J

JRB

dirtjumpP.1 said:
scarlett= teh hottz. you even get to see some side boob, it was quite nice. i agree, it was quite farfetched, but it was a good movie with some good action. the only thing thing i didnt like was the obsurd amound of product placement.
Dude - why would you use language like that in my thread???

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dirtjumpP.1 said:
scarlett= teh hottz. you even get to see some side boob, it was quite nice.
You could have gotten to see much much more if Scarlett had had her way...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/12/people.johansson.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest

He said he was summoned to Johansson's trailer, expecting to have to reassure the star of "Lost in Translation" that her privacy and dignity would be protected.

"She's standing there and she says, 'I'm not wearing this cheap ... bra. I'm going naked,' " Bay said.

"I said, 'It's PG-13, you have to wear the bra,' " he said.