Quantcast

The Jetta Rule.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The Jetta Rule:

Maybe its just a California phenomenon but I've noticed The Volkswagen Jetta is the #1 choice hot pieces of tail.

It's not just me who's noticed, I've mentioned this observation to a couple people.

But there are conditions to the Jetta rule:
1, It must be a later model year to ensure hotness of the driver/passengers.
2, must be driving slightly erratically, due to cell phone use.
3, a butterfly decal or Reef sticker on the backwindow increases odds of hotness 50%

And there are also violations to the Jetta rule:
fatties
dudes, probably flaming ;)
Aging hipsters (rare due to death, and the popularity of the PT cruiser)

So if you've recognized this trend and want that hottie to know, I've got your bumper sticker right here :)

Attachments

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
No, its all over. Our Product Management group used to have 3 major hotties working in it. What'd they drive? 2 newer Jettas and 1 newer GTI's.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
snutty said:
your right it might jsut be a ca, or bay area thing...but 90% of the time its a hottie in a jetta..
I've gotta agree with you guys. From what I've seen, the Jetta hotty is definitely not just limited to SB, my friends and I started to notice this trend in SLO starting just a few years ago. At some point, the Jetta took the place of the Civic and Integra as the "in" car for cute girls.

Further adding to the description, The Jetta is the vehicle of choice for hotty sorority girls, as seen by the greek letters found on either the rear window or license plate holder.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
pixelninja said:
No, its all over. Our Product Management group used to have 4 major hotties working in it. What'd they drive? 2 newer Jettas and 2 newer GTI's.
Yep. Out of probably 6 people I know that drive Jettas, 4 are gorgeous, one is a slightly feminine guy (we wonder about him) and one is average.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Yup

Number 1 (that's what we call the best looker here at work), drives one.
Model's on the side.....

As a side effect, some of the dudes here have bought one, maybe to have something to talk about with her, pretty lame, but it is funny.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
:think: Well, I have a Jetta... and I'm not gay... but then again I bought it because I wanted a diesel and a wagon... the Jetta was the only choice at the time for a new car.

VWVortex.com - many male Jetta owners....

tdiclub.com - the vast majority of TDI owners are male.

Maybe it's a Northeast thing, but I've never noticed a disparity between male and female Mk IV owners... seems about even.

I think you guys are just looking at hotties and then notice what car they're driving. ;)

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Zark said:
The Jetta Rule:

Maybe its just a California phenomenon but I've noticed The Volkswagen Jetta is the #1 choice hot pieces of tail.

It's not just me who's noticed, I've mentioned this observation to a couple people.

But there are conditions to the Jetta rule:
1, It must be a later model year to ensure hotness of the driver/passengers.
2, must be driving slightly erratically, due to cell phone use.
3, a butterfly decal or Reef sticker on the backwindow increases odds of hotness 50%

And there are also violations to the Jetta rule:
fatties
dudes, probably flaming ;)
Aging hipsters (rare due to death, and the popularity of the PT cruiser)

So if you've recognized this trend and want that hottie to know, I've got your bumper sticker right here :)
Don't forget the ROXY sticker. If the Jetta has a ROXY sticker you know the girl a least has nice body... why? Because Roxy doesn't make clothes for fat chicks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
wooglin said:
:thumb: I really like the retarded dude they interviewed. What a f*#kwad. At least they caught him lying on tape too.

I've upped my estimate:

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

Complete imbeciles.

-S.S.-

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
dhtahoe said:
Don't forget the ROXY sticker. If the Jetta has a ROXY sticker you know the girl a least has nice body... why? Because Roxy doesn't make clothes for fat chicks.

Bwahahaa! "Do you have that tank top in Plus sizes?" :blah:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ian F said:
:think: Well, I have a Jetta... and I'm not gay... but then again I bought it because I wanted a diesel and a wagon... the Jetta was the only choice at the time for a new car.

VWVortex.com - many male Jetta owners....

tdiclub.com - the vast majority of TDI owners are male.

Maybe it's a Northeast thing, but I've never noticed a disparity between male and female Mk IV owners... seems about even.

I think you guys are just looking at hotties and then notice what car they're driving. ;)
Wow, I guess I hit close to home. I'm not saying if you're a dude in a Jetta you're gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) I think Jettas are nice cars and am a VW fan. Some people are into the tech thing of VW's and I totally think that's cool too. Geez, I used to have a Rabbit convertabile, commonly referred to as the "Bitch Box" because of its popularity with the sorority set!

But lets face it hot chicks LOVE 'em, and we've noticed. Its bad, I see a Jetta on the Fwy and I gotta see if the driver isn't breaking the Jetta Rule
:p My buddy called me last night and told me about a major violation to the Jetta rule (fatties) and his disappointment :p

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
dhtahoe said:
I don't know man...I've seen a lot of chicks with Roxy stickers on their Jettas, and it wasn't a pretty sight.

Just because Roxy doesn't make clothes for fat chicks, doesn't mean that fat chicks aren't gonna try to squeeze into them.

These are also the chicks that wear those retarded chunky black sandals that are a size too small, where you can see their toes shrimp cocktailing, over the edge grappling for dear life to to try to stay on the sandal.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
These are also the chicks that wear those retarded chunky black sandals that are a size too small, where you can see their toes shrimp cocktailing, over the edge grappling for dear life to to try to stay on the sandal.
this is so classic....one of my major annoyances of society, who ever invented those black sandals should be force to glue them to their forehead.

Even worse are the white sandals that have deteriorated to a dull yellow and brown color. Between their nasty stated and their clunkyness it makes it a disusting sight to see.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
jmvar said:
this is so classic....one of my major annoyances of society, who ever invented those black sandals should be force to glue them to their forehead.

Even worse are the white sandals that have deteriorated to a dull yellow and brown color. Between their nasty stated and their clunkyness it makes it a disusting sight to see.
Totally. That's just heinous. Plus, you can tell when a chick only wears her chunky black sandals, when the soles of her feet are all black. Especially on a hot day, those sandals must cook up, and then the sweat only makes the feet even dirtier.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Craw said:
Totally. That's just heinous. Plus, you can tell when a chick only wears her chunky black sandals, when the soles of her feet are all black. Especially on a hot day, those sandals must cook up, and then the sweat only makes the feet even dirtier.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. I don't like this ride... it scares me.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I wouldn't mind having a GT or tdi Jetta, but only for the fast/german factor...If you're a guy, just buy the Audi version (A6?)

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
xbluethunderx said:
I wouldn't mind having a GT or tdi Jetta, but only for the fast/german factor...If you're a guy, just buy the Audi version (A6?)
i wouldn't consider anything made by volkswagon fast......not to say that they can't be, i mean take a look at fast and the furious, that jetta was fast, no?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ibismojo said:
i wouldn't consider anything made by volkswagon fast......not to say that they can't be, i mean take a look at fast and the furious, that jetta was fast, no?
Barring riceage, a GT or a tdi are by no means slow. Not the fastest of the bunch, but they're a ton of fun to drive.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
ibismojo said:
At www.goapr.com...

This kit makes solid gains in both horsepower and torque. With no other mods than an APR Turbo-Back Exhaust, the kit made 242hp/268lb-ft on 91 octane gas, and 245hp/275lb-ft on 93 octane gas. Although the exhaust is not required, it is highly recommended.

...they had a GTI that ran a mid 12 sec 1/4 mile with a bolt-on kit. That's fast for a motor that has less than 2 liters of displacement.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'd have to agree with your there. However my observation is this: you tend to be able to tell who's driving by the sticker. If you have the butterfly sticker or a girly sticker its 80/20% (hotti-to fattie/wannabe hottie). If its a DMB sticker then you have a 90% chance of hotness behind the wheel. If there is no sticker then you have a 30/60/10 gaydude/old couple/dude that bought one because his wife has his nuts in her purse... NOTE: does :stosh: drive a Jetta?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
golgiaparatus said:
I'd have to agree with your there. However my observation is this: you tend to be able to tell who's driving by the sticker. If you have the butterfly sticker or a girly sticker its 80/20% (hotti-to fattie/wannabe hottie). If its a DMB sticker then you have a 90% chance of hotness behind the wheel. If there is no sticker then you have a 30/60/10 gaydude/old couple/dude that bought one because his wife has his nuts in her purse... NOTE: does :stosh: drive a Jetta?
:thumb: Since I've not heard of DMB before I'm assuming the Jetta rules change depending on geographic location ;)

As hot as Jetta girls can be I have a feeling that it'll be a girl in a lifted Tacoma that'll take/break my :heart: :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Zark said:
:thumb: Since I've not heard of DMB before I'm assuming the Jetta rules change depending on geographic location ;)

As hot as Jetta girls can be I have a feeling that it'll be a girl in a lifted Tacoma that'll take/break my :heart: :D
DMB = Dave Mathews Band... all the hot jetta chicks dig it.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
golgiaparatus said:
DMB = Dave Mathews Band... all the hot jetta chicks dig it.
Not here, a DMB sticker will get you some patchoulli, armpit hair and an argument about why you shouldn't eat meat :D

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Zark said:
Not here, a DMB sticker will get you some patchoulli, armpit hair and an argument about why you shouldn't eat meat :D
Agreed. Somewhere in these threads is a rant I wrote about The Dave Matthews Band...

In hell, I bet all you hear on the radio is The Dave Matthews Band, Phish, and the Polyphonic Spree...

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Craw said:
Agreed. Somewhere in these threads is a rant I wrote about The Dave Matthews Band...

In hell, I bet all you hear on the radio is The Dave Matthews Band, Phish, and the Polyphonic Spree...
You forgot String Cheese Incident

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Yeah like Town said, it's Roxy stickers, not Reef...

I have noticed this phenomena declining in recent years.

It used to be if you saw either a Jetta or a Roxy sticker it was virtually guaranteed to be a hottie (especially in SB) and if you saw both the odds were more like 100%! Now, sadly those odds have decreased ass chubbies have learned that dudes look for these things while driving. They use it to their advantage in order to garner undeserved attention!

I once saw a Toyota Echo in SLO with a Roxy sticker and a license plate the read "Brit :heart: ny", the driver definitley looked hot!