Quantcast

The Latest in Metal Music?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm working on a logo and other graphics for an upcoming national metal radio show.

I know some of you freaks are into metal, so point me to sites to get a feel for what's going on these days in the dark underword that is metal.

Thanks!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
What a fun project!

What are you looking for?
As far as bands we're into? Sounds like all different spectrums of metal for the program.
As far as graphical style its all over the map. Some are kinda sparse/minimalsitic (Mudvayne/neometal) Some are over the top gore (deathmetal)

Maybe start with the name of the program and work ideawise from there?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I randomly stumbled upon this band called A Bullet for My Valentine. I was actually really impressed.

More bands to mention:

Black Dahlia Murder
Lamb of God
In Flames

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Thanks fellas!

Seems little has changed in 20 years: They didn't get along with their fathers and they're angry about that, so they yell into a microphone to get the attention they never got, wear dark clothing and try to appear troubled and menacing, use industrial metal images and gothic or weathered typography in their graphics.

Piece of cake.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Thanks fellas!

Seems little has changed in 20 years: They didn't get along with their fathers so they're angry about that, so they yell into a microphone to get the attention they never got, wear dark clothing and try to appear troubled and menacing, use industrial metal images and gothic or weathered typography in their graphics.

Piece of cake.
That sums it up nicely.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Byzantine; Shadows Fall; Soilwork; Killswitch Engage

period, and of story. There are others along this genre that are certainly noteworthy, but your quest can begin with these.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
stinkyboy said:
Thanks fellas!

Seems little has changed in 20 years: They didn't get along with their fathers and they're angry about that, so they yell into a microphone to get the attention they never got, wear dark clothing and try to appear troubled and menacing, use industrial metal images and gothic or weathered typography in their graphics.
:thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
A joke band name we always kicked around was "Abominable Font".

The logo would of course be absolutely un-readable.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
stinkyboy said:
Thanks fellas!

Piece of cake.

You forgot that many of these pissed of individuals can play the hell out of a guitar. :rolleyes:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
sirknight6 said:
You forgot that many of these pissed of individuals can play the hell out of a guitar. :rolleyes:
I should have added:

If they're lucky they hook up with some bad ass musicians, don't kill themselves and actually create some great music.

J

JRB

Is Metallica not metal anymore??? Are they like Jazzica now??? Get permission to use Pushead. Pushead is really f'n metal. Period.