Quantcast

The Life's Simple Pleasures Thread

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Leaving work before sunset and having time to go for a quick ride before dark.

Summer... Looking forward to it.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Could be related if you play your cards right:

Bang the barista on a dishwasher using a condom.
4/5 are male. Also I find that it's worth not banging people that may introduce you to many more girls than you should be normally allowed. I still get strange looks from friends because one of my best friends is female, I often sleep in her flat and the other way around but we don't even think about sex. The benefit is she introduces me to A LOT of her hot friends.

Hell she should be on that list. I allways liked her but I forgot how "helpful" she is.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
4/5 are male. Also I find that it's worth not banging people that may introduce you to many more girls than you should be normally allowed. I still get strange looks from friends because one of my best friends is female, I often sleep in her flat and the other way around but we don't even think about sex. The benefit is she introduces me to A LOT of her hot friends.

Hell she should be on that list. I allways liked her but I forgot how "helpful" she is.

It seems like life's good in Warsaw.

Coming home after a long workday and dinner is already cooked.*Thanks to my girl*

Breakfast in the sun, whitout having the clock ticking.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Having a nooner while making $55 an hour. With a nice BLT after.
When I am 27 I will be making AT LEAST that colonel. I will probably get a job too seeing the medical field is most likely going to be in demand for my future position.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
When I am 27 I will be making AT LEAST that colonel. I will probably get a job too seeing the medical field is most likely going to be in demand for my future position.
also, that fact that his pay rate is hourly as opposed to salary indicates that he's some sort of contractor/consultant/temp :clue:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
also, that fact that his pay rate is hourly as opposed to salary indicates that he's some sort of contractor/consultant/temp :clue:
Which usually means it's non consistent. You make a ton in a week but nothing else for a month. In the end you look good in the per/h but not so good in the per/month or year. Though being 25 I wouldn't mind going to that. Sitting in the office still feels like torture.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The point of the thread has nothing to do with what anyone makes per hour or year. Money has no bearing on life's simple pleasures.

Get with the fvcking program.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The point of the thread has nothing to do with what anyone makes per hour or year. Money has no bearing on life's simple pleasures.

Get with the fvcking program.
Quit trying to exclude douche-bags, elitist prick.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I never understood why people obsessed about pay so much. Free time, flexibility, benefits, being able to work from home, longer vacation and an overall enjoyable work is worth much more than some extra cash over certain wage. Unless you plan to have a huge family basic living costs are super low if you find no need for a big house and a new car every few years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Which usually means it's non consistent. You make a ton in a week but nothing else for a month. In the end you look good in the per/h but not so good in the per/month or year. Though being 25 I wouldn't mind going to that. Sitting in the office still feels like torture.
not necessarily. I've done contract/consulting work that was full time for periods greater than a year. but yes the job security just isn't there. There are two reasons companies like to use these kinds of employees:

-HR doesn't include you in the overall headcount
-you're even more easily disposed of (terminated) than regular employees.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I never understood why people obsessed about pay so much. Free time, flexibility, benefits, being able to work from home, longer vacation and an overall enjoyable work is worth much more than some extra cash over certain wage. Unless you plan to have a huge family basic living costs are super low if you find no need for a big house and a new car every few years.
the problem here in the states is that many companies are cutting into benefits big time, and vaca time isn't as easy to negotiate for as you might think.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yes I know but it's still worth pursuing. Especially Vaca time. I'm a fairly social person and I like to decide with whom I spend my time with instead of being pushed into integrating with co-workers since you won't like everyone even in the best workplace. Not to mention time lost in travel means working from where you want = 2 extra hours every day for me. Also I really feel like a lot of my work and time in a big corpo gets wasted because of bottlenecks and stupid requirements forcing me to do worthless crap because of measures taken to protect the company from the idiots they hire.
Also If you want to race being in the venue on friday often is the differance between a good and a bad result.

I know it's hard but If you presented me with 2 jobs that differ by as much as 30% in pay I still choose the one that gave me better mobility in terms of time and place of work.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Reminds me of John Gorka's song "Land of the Bottom Line".

Song starts at 1:25
302 Found

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
awww neg rep from colonal faggot? how cute. listen man, the only people that are gonna be impressed at your moderate hourly paycheck and how you go home to play "plow the cow" with your fat wife are other simpletons like you who are really hard-on to measure dicks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and really? already having to pull out the your <insert family member here> card? your bag of insults must be as shallow as you are.