Quantcast

The low down on vail?

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
So I have checked out the website and was wondering how the trails are? It says that they only run the Vista Bahn lift which is where the 94 DH course is (right?) on Fri-Sat. Can you still get to the DH course from eagle? I will be there probably Mon july 20. Also where are those hips that Minnaar is riding in Dirt or any of it that he is riding? Tell what I need to know thanks guys.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Are you talking about the jumps Minnaar is hitting in Earthed 2? If so I believe those are the Wildenest jumps. They are nowhere near Vail.

I am curious to the answers to the other questions since I might head over to Vail this Mon.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Well actually, the jumps are pretty near vail as in like 20 minutes down the road. So not really that far. Just drop into the Mountain Sports Outlet in Silverthorne and they can hook you up.

The '94 course is accessible from the gondola, you just have to ride across the hill on a fireroad that connects the two lifts. Takes like 2 or 3 minutes. Magic forest to Old 9 and down from there is accessible right at the top of the gondola and that is easily as good of a trail as the '94 course is. Both are awesome trails... I'm headed up there tomorrow!!!!

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
The hip is at "Wildernest" or something like that. Its out of Keystone, call THE FIX bicycles @ 303.939.8349 for directions. Vail is running Lions head. (the gondola) it takes you to either "magic forest", or you can ride over to '94. The other lift does go to 94, and may be faster than rollin through the village. (construction has closed the bridge at Lionshead)

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
EVILTWIN said:
seems like everyones in on this one.....Keystone tomorrow, Vail Sun......COsweet!!
Figures I have to work both days. I am taking my **** to work with me so I can bust out at 4:00 and get a couple runs at Keystone. Planning on Vail Monday.

Like DHblur said stop in at Mountain Sports Outlet I can hook you up with directions to Wildernest. The place is sweet, now if I could only dirt jump.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Juano said:
So I have checked out the website and was wondering how the trails are? It says that they only run the Vista Bahn lift which is where the 94 DH course is (right?) on Fri-Sat. Can you still get to the DH course from eagle? I will be there probably Mon july 20. Also where are those hips that Minnaar is riding in Dirt or any of it that he is riding? Tell what I need to know thanks guys.
I've been to Vail several times this season...it is flippin' sweet!

Both the Gondi and the Vista Bahn run 7 days a week. As for Minnaar, yep the hipped stuff in the shady tree area is not Vail. BUT the berms and other jumps are. Specifically Magic Forest and Old 9. You must do those two trails. Too much fun!

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
biker3 said:
Anyone going to be riding Vail the WEEK after Idaho and before Snowmass? Ill be up there and am looking for someone to ride with.
ill join you for a day of riding. call me sometime.
mark
720-635-7429