Quantcast

- the lunch thread -

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
What's everyone having for lunch today? I didn't bring anything (which is rare for me), so I'll be eating out. Pizza and fried fast food is calling my name, but I'd perfer a healthier option (shocking, I know). So what's everyone having? Perhaps something will spark an interest with me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'll probably purchase a small turkey sandwitch on whole wheat. I have some Banana's and chunky peanut butter to go with them and an apple for snack later.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I'll probably purchase a small turkey sandwitch on whole wheat. I have some Banana's and chunky peanut butter to go with them and an apple for snack later.
damn... that sounds good - I wish there was a decent deli around.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
damn... that sounds good - I wish there was a decent deli around.
I must say the deli's around here are GREAT. I always feel ripped off when I visit other parts of the country and try to go to a Deli.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I jsut moved into a new apartment and recently had to pay a stupid amount of money to fix a brake caliper that snapped off on my truck....so straight up pb&j.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
same as yesterday:

grilled lemon-pepper chicken breast (no bread)
3 large radishes
3 fresh carrots (ie, greens still on, not in a plastic bag)
nectarine

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
- Turkey sandwich, banana, granola bar & Coke w/lime (I was starving even thou I had a yogurt 2 hours before lunch, and eggos for breakfast)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
prolly a bean/rice burrito.
and water of course.

I seem to drink about 1/2 gallon or so of water a day.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, I ended up at Subway. Had a foot-long meatball with a soda. Ugh, it sucked, but I kept eating it. There goes 4 weeks of dieting down the tubes.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Chicken Burrito and dirty rice.............. I waited so long, I was starving, it didnt have a chance.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I had Blazing Buffalo Chicken (deli meat) on a club roll with lettuce tomato and mayo and a YooHoo. :)

J

JRB

Toasted wheat with miracle whip, slackers, peppered turkey, and chips on the side. I also had an orange popsicle. Gatorade to drink.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Toasted wheat with miracle whip, slackers, peppered turkey, and chips on the side. I also had an orange popsicle. Gatorade to drink.
What the F' is a slacker?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Well, since I had a half day, I came home and grilled up some steak tips and had a beer :D
where do you get your steak tips from?

I got a f'ing awesome place in NH called Mr Steer.

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
i havent eaten anything yet and im dyin(in school) but liek the second i get out im gonna like speed right over to my club set up a tee time(cuz its such a nice day) and then go directly to the snack bar and have one of their famous grilled turkey and avacado wraps! sooo good, herb wrap, mayonnaise, fresh lettuce and tomatoe grilled slices of turkey and liek 4 HUGE slabs of bacon, if thats not the best sht ever then i dont knwo what is

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
where do you get your steak tips from?

I got a f'ing awesome place in NH called Mr Steer.
aaawwww... you bringing any of those to MBW? Thems was yummy - I'd gladly trade you some speedies for a some steak tips.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
aaawwww... you bringing any of those to MBW? Thems was yummy - I'd gladly trade you some speedies for a some steak tips.
Actually... my uncle is coming down this weekend so I could try. No promises though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
We had a going away lunch for this dude at work. So I had a salad at Applebees.
I hate going away parties.....

They had one for me when I left a previous job... stood around a cake with a bunch of engineers who aren't conversationalists....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Skookum said:
Maybe some overpriced popcorn when i go to see Star Wars 3 for the third time at Cinerama.
nice. the second time i saw it at cinerama (which was monday night) the sound was turned up way too loud :(

i just made a hot sandwich w/grilled chicken, sliced tomato, spicy ranch dressing on whole wheat, and am having it with a fat boy ice cream sandwich and a glass of grapefruit juice.