Quantcast

The Manitou Rumor mill...

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Posted this on Dropmachine.com first, figured I'd see your take on it.

Rumor has it that all Manitou's pros have been dropped except for Cam McCaul. No confirmation from Manitou, but they never return my emails anyways.

ooooooooh.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
What about Kovarik?
i was wondering that too...

maybe they are not droping teams, but rather riders who have individual sponsors (especially if their other sponsors conflict with manitou's new parent company Hayes, and everything else that Hayes now owns)

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
As I understand, it's just Cam, Intense/MS Racing, & Merida/Multivan.

-ska todd

theg1ant

Monkey
Oct 20, 2006
Atlanta
No I heard something like this a few weeks ago. Something about them not having enough money to get all their pros the parts for free or something like that. I heard it was that everyone else dropped them but i may be wrong

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Interesting...

Are Hayes still going to rename them HB Suspension? Or was that just some intraweb e-speculation?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Interesting...

Are Hayes still going to rename them HB Suspension? Or was that just some intraweb e-speculation?
That would be fvckin' awful. Change the name from something associated with crap to something associated with even more crap...if anything, Hayes needs to change their name outright and remake themselves. Or leave it all the same and pull themselves up by their collective bootstraps, but at this point, I don't see it happening.

They've got the money, they just need to find the right people to spend it.