Quantcast

the Monday's Ride thread

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Since Stosh is busy these days with class, and the GMT is iffy, I thought I'd try this out as an alternative (or addition to) the GMT. Every day we'll have a thread about the previous day's rides. If you rode yesterday... tell us about it. Doesn't have to be a novel... just... whatever.

So...

*in GMT fashion* Good morning all.

Had a good ride yesterday. Rode XC at a local state park. We had floods friday night and all day saturday, but I was able to ride bone dry trails last night... I love that about these trails.

Met up with some guy on the trial who insisted we ride together. I had wanted to go solo last night, but joined up with him anyway. He pushed me pretty good, harder than I would have pushed myself, so we covered a lot of gound before darkness set in.

All told, just a smidge under 2 hours and I'd guess about 11 miles covered. The 575 definitely needs a tuneup.

J

JRB

Just tooled around after I put my 12-25 back on the road bike. Swapped the XTR back out for the Ultegra. Skipped going to see Wimbledon to work on the bike. Riding today on the road. Likely around 30 miles.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Did a little one hour mountain ride yesterday morning. Decided to do a little exploring and found a couple of new sketchy downhills to try.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
sore back...so xc bike, out the driveway 3 miles to the bike path, 5 miles of bike path each way, saw/talked to a dude that I know from racing (found out he lives at the other end of the bike path)