Quantcast

the Motorcade passes by...

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
So yesterday I'm at my desk and a co-worker calls me and say's a bunch of them are walking to the corner to see the motorcade pass by on it's way to the library...
I think, "So what, sure it's a president, but he's dead"...
10 minutes later I think maybe I'll just grab the bike and ride the 200 yards just to get out of the work I'm staring at. So I jump on the commuter and pedal slowly to the corner, I notice a rather large crowd cheering and clapping.... I hop off the bike, get my camera out and just them the hearse passes by so I take a quick shot.
That's it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I think it's just horrific that this poor dead bastards body is being hauled all over the freakin country like an art exhibition! I mean...put the poor guy to rest and hold a memorial or something...it's like...coming to a town near you...the dead ex president...sheesh! Lord have MERCY!!!

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I got a surprise glimpse of the Ronnie parade on my way to work from my morning ride out by Point Mugu. I found it an intersting spectacle, but I'm with DHG on this one, it really is weird to be carting his carcass all over the continent for "viewing". Most of the people I observed were treating it more like a celebrity sighting than a respectful observance of a great American passing by. One lady couldn't even shut her mouth long enough to allow a moment of silent reflection, and another dude was doing a bizarre play-by-play into his mobile phone: "A police motorcycle just went by. Two more police motorcycles. Now there's three, no four more. Ok, I've lost count of the motorcycles..."

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
WestCoastHucker said:
...across the street in the chamber of commerce building...
Where's that? Which building? :confused:

'tis funny that, were so close - yet so far away... :D

Hey! let's ride! I do a 45 minute Lunchtime Roadie sprint Tue & Thur :cool:

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
ghostrider said:
..." ... police motorcycle... Two ...three ...four ... ."
When I first got there I saw crowd/traffic enforement in place, stopping everyone & everything from the intersection, a few seconds later two police motorcycle's blazed through the cross at extremely high speed, easily going over 90mph... I could'nt believe how fast they were moving, it seemed real unsafe with all the people around :think:

ET_SoCal said:
Where's that? Which building? :confused:

'tis funny that, were so close - yet so far away... :D

Hey! let's ride! I do a 45 minute Lunchtime Roadie sprint Tue & Thur :cool:
the building just to the west of the marie callendars(sp?) on the south side of the street....

i'm afraid i wouldn't be much fun on a roadie sprint, i don't have a road bike. unless you just beat around on a mtb......

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Excuse my ignorance, but I only grew up during the 80s and don't have much recollection of the RR era. Can someone please explain to me why this man is considered by many to be a great American hero?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
reflux said:
Excuse my ignorance, but I only grew up during the 80s and don't have much recollection of the RR era. Can someone please explain to me why this man is considered by many to be a great American hero?
He was a president.

Most people DON'T like him, but, since he was an American President, he gets special treatment. We have not had a presidant die in quite a while, so it is a big deal.

This is just the beginning, sadly, some of the other former US presidents are very old, and they shall pass in short years to come.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
But now he's "all dead"?
sheesh you're pretty dim sometimes..... yes mostly dead. That feasibility of being mostly dead has been proven by Miracle Max, i'm sure you know of his work....