Quantcast

The Mountain Cycle Battery

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
So I know these pictures have been posted in the Bottle Rocket thread but I figured they would get more attention with their own post.

Carter Holland's Mountain Cycle Battery.
Phil Sundbaum, Jim Dellavalle, and Stephanie Nychka alo rode Batterys up there. I think that one is under 30lbs.

originaly posted by Tim
MC

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
It's the first MC that I have ever liked. If it does come to production I bet they would sell incredibly well.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
psht the mountain cycle 9.5 is one of the greatest bikes of all time, the single pivot is revolutionary, as well the the hydroformed monocouqe (monocock) body. and it is hella sexy.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fiddy_ryder said:
a coil shock option would be nice.
why? on a bike w/ that short amount of travel an air shock is ideal. nowadays air shocks generally feel just as good as coils (providing the ratio and leverage is good)

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
that bike is my wet dream, it looks so sick, and IMO too, the only MC that i have come to like (a lot). If it does make it to production, i'll be doing my best to scrape up the $$$ and buy a frame!

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
jonKranked said:
why? on a bike w/ that short amount of travel an air shock is ideal. nowadays air shocks generally feel just as good as coils (providing the ratio and leverage is good)
yeah i guess your right. but are air shocks they are fitting on these types of bikes up to the rigors and abuse they are receiving? its my understanding that the shocks fitted are designed towards all mtn type of riding. I could see using a DHX air on one but some of these others just dont seem burly enough.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
warning: e-speculation ahead:

from the looks of it, that bike needs a stroke length of well under 2" and i don't know of the dhx air is made w/ that short of a stroke. mind you this is also a prototype.

<end e-speculation>

i have ridden both a dhx coil and a dhx air, and they feel very similar to one another.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow - I'm really digging the geo. For a full suspension park bike it's got the frame lines of a decent hardtail.

...hmmm, so are these things out yet?

Price?

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
S.K.C. said:
Wow - I'm really digging the geo. For a full suspension park bike it's got the frame lines of a decent hardtail.

...hmmm, so are these things out yet?

Price?
last I remeber the price was around the range of the bottle rocket.. heres the #'s I got from Twisted a short while back..

Head tube angle 70 degrees
Head tube length 108mm
Top tube length 562.4mm physical, 570.7mm virtual horizontal
Bottom bracket height 13” (inline with axles)
Seat tube length 330mm
Seat tube angle 74 degrees
Chain stay length 402mm
Travel 100mm
Seat post 31.6mm
Seat post clamp 34.9mm
Bottom bracket shell 73mm

Sep 17, 2006
I think I heard somewhere that the forks are a reduced travel version of the 66rc2x, but I could be wrong... didn't they have a section about this bike in the video clip of the Mountain Cycle booth from interbike?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Nemesis Project (shop/frame builder in California) lowers Marzocchis for DJ and street use. And yes, they did. Will it ever go into production? nooobody knowwws...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
no sh!t...gotta be hard to get a good pump in the park on a 7" bike

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
who owns MC now?
A delightfully eccentric french guy... They got serious about racing again this past season, focusing on developing young female talent (no pun intended). Stephan Girard is on staff handling training and race-day logistics for there program as well. There results weren't much to speak of, but I am always a fan of the independently wealthy spending there money on bikes instead of cigarette boats...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
A delightfully eccentric french guy... They got serious about racing again this past season, focusing on developing young female talent (no pun intended). Stephan Girard is on staff handling training and race-day logistics for there program as well. There results weren't much to speak of, but I am always a fan of the independently wealthy spending there money on bikes instead of cigarette boats...
They still list a CA address, whats up with that? Will they still manufacture here?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i kind of want to hump that bike. it looks perfect for just goofing around on and having fun. Sort of a NE style/alpine/aline humper. I dig.

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
I just got a Sin. So does the Sin handle a DH park???
Honestly, and I say this as an owner of four Mountain Cycle frames/bikes (rumble, sin...both sold..... & Fury, and 9.5), the Sin made a fun tight freeride/play bike and a sub-par dh bike, IMO. It's got funky geometry, in a high bottom bracket and steep head angle for it's purpose. It's also got a very short top tube and relatively short wheelbase, which I liked in the slow & technical stuff.....but it got very unstable as speeds crept up and things got really steep. Overall, it was bun bike to play around on, but the 9.5 covered all that "play" stuff nicely and was a full-blown dh'er to boot.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I love the 9.5, big time, a friggin blast to ride. I love the bike, and it's treated me very well. What's upsetting though is the fact the damn website and blog is nothing but French. OK, I can get over the fact the owner is French, but holy sh!t, how many different ways can one say, what about the US pro's? I've met one...nice guy...

One of the strongest riders in the Snowshoe series rides a 9.5, W(here)TF is his pic?

US rep is a great guy, the bike is an AWESOME product, but it's time for something besides the fvcking French.

I'm just sayin.......

;)

:D