Quantcast

The New and Improved Who are you, where do you live, and what do you ride thread.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Thats a rather large bike choice. Going from a FSR-XC to a Nomad. Id say go with a SC Blur LT. Climbs hills great and has a good amount of rear travel and can take up to a 160 mm fork in the front.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
rpk1988 said:
Thats a rather large bike choice. Going from a FSR-XC to a Nomad. Id say go with a SC Blur LT. Climbs hills great and has a good amount of rear travel and can take up to a 160 mm fork in the front.
Thanks for the feedback on bikes....yeah I have a very broad selection in mind right now. A full suspension bike wasn't even a serious consideration until this past weekend's ride, so I've just started looking around at different bikes on the net. Hopefully this weekend I can head over to the shops and take a spin on them.

I'll take a look at the Blur online today...actually saw a few for sale on eBay.

SLOPE

Monkey
Aug 24, 2001
Arnold, Maryland
Looks like I win!! I'm 43!!
Oh wait, that means I'm old. :confused:
My name is Scott, or Jiminy to my riding buds.
I live in Arnold, MD and ride at Patapsco, of course.
I have a O2 Norco Launch, O3 Balfa 2-Step and a O2.5 Evil Imperial. :evil:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Matt H said:
Thanks for the feedback on bikes....yeah I have a very broad selection in mind right now. A full suspension bike wasn't even a serious consideration until this past weekend's ride, so I've just started looking around at different bikes on the net. Hopefully this weekend I can head over to the shops and take a spin on them.

I'll take a look at the Blur online today...actually saw a few for sale on eBay.
What shops are you going to??

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
So far:
-Princeton on Falls Road in Baltimore (specialized, et al)
-Fleet st cycles (whatever is there, and to talk to the guys there about what I want, as I hear they know their stuff)
-Some place on York Road in Timonium (Haro), I printed out the address yestereday but I don't have it with me at the moment.
-Under the Sun in Timonium (Giant, et al), I bought my Giant there so I thought I'd show an attempt of shop loyalty and take a look there.

Any more suggestions?

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
How about Princeton Sports in Columbia. :) Just Playing.
I heard the guys at Fleet Street know there stuff. The owner Don is real cool.
And what does et al mean???

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
"et al" means "and others"....

Actually Princeton in Columbia might be added since we MAY go down to College Park to look at Konas. Not sure yet, it depends on what time I get back from a round of golf that morning. 2nd round of golf all year - will be ugly.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha. Yea I work at the Columbia one and I wished we carried Kona's. They are pretty sweet. But we have a nice dealer line up. And you play golf too. Sweet I love golf.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Cool....well I will hopefully meet you Sunday for the Patapsco ride (depending on how saturday night treats me)

Well, I'm not sure if I'd call it playing golf....I have clubs, and I go to the course, and hit the ball a lot (and I mean a lot)....but to call it golf might be a stretch :)

I shoot high 90s on a good day.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
HARDTAIL PRIDE !!!

Heh. Actually it's just because I'm too broke at the moment (or soon to be broke after fixing my car) to afford a proper DH/FR bike right now. Nice thing about riding with new people....if they're nice you get to give their bikes a try. And it's always better to do that than take it for a spin in a parking lot.

I better not have missed bike shopping day Matt, or I'll be PISSED. ;)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Recent transplant from 90 miles north of Seattle. Living in Clarendon with my wife, working at Inova Fairfax Hospital, driving an Acura, and riding a Transition Preston FR when possible.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Most of you know me - but since I recently moved back to the area...

Name : Arleigh
Rides : Surly 1x1, and a few "other" bikes (darn roadies)

Ross, 21 yrs old, hometown is charlottesville but i've got one more year of college in ashland then who knows where i'll go, as long as its somewhere w/ good riding. Unfortunantley only have money for just one bike right now, 03 rocky mtn blizzard frame w/ all kinds of goodies, just finished it up this summer. Always looking to ride in the richmond area or at poor farm.

Attachments

DK_

Chimp
Aug 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Name: Hunter Singleton
Bikes: Ironhorse SGS pro, Planet X alibongo trials bike, IRO fixed gear track, and a ****ty BMX (too many!)

I just moved to Richmond from Richmond 2 weeks ago... Before i moved I did mostly freeride, DH stuff at wintergreen, Snowshoe and my freeride trails in my backyard (in Lynchburg). I just started riding trials. I also do mountain and trials unicycling.

neef

Chimp
Aug 30, 2005
Frederick, Maryland
Who am i?-Ethan
Where am i from?-frederick, maryland
age?-15 turn 16 in oct.
bike?-stinky p
where do i ride?-little bennet(i ride here mostly), watershed, gambrill and any other place close to me
P.s.-and DJs arounds here?....if any one knows
:redX:
no pic sorry soon to have one by tonight or tomorrow if not then i dont post then i was just kidding about it.

Bikes&Beers

Chimp
Oct 4, 2005
Morgantown, WV
What up. My name is RJ, im new to ridemonkey. I live in MD (about 5 minutes from shaeffer) but been going to school at WVU in morgantown for last 4 years. Used to race motocross but quit because of school, just recently got into bikes. I ride a 2004 marin wolf ridge. Best places to ride in morgantown - bakers ridge, coopers rock, and white park for the DJ's.

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
HI im Michael
Richmond is my home away from my real home (Richmond)
ride at poor farm park, and neighborhoods etc...
ride a 05 Specialized FSR XC Comp(just got it) and a 2001ish Kona Lana'i
dont have a pic of me on this comp. but ill try to remember to get one

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
spectaculardark said:
HI im Michael
Richmond is my home away from my real home (Richmond)
ride at poor farm park, and neighborhoods etc...
ride a 05 Specialized FSR XC Comp(just got it) and a 2001ish Kona Lana'i
dont have a pic of me on this comp. but ill try to remember to get one

Richmond is your home away from Richmond? :confused:

VARider

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Virginia
I'm Stephen, 26, and I go to MCV in Richmond.

Just got a 04' Sinister Ridge with
-Sherman Breakout
-Sun Eight Tracks
-etc...etc...built to be a big hitter.

Also, Raleigh M800 w/
-Psylo Race
-Selling it if ayone is interested (super light, good condition, $300 but needs a new LX crank...I'm trying to find one).
-

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Ian, 28, Moving to the Hampton Roads area

04 Specialized Enduro Comp

05 Specialized Demo 9 Pro

04 Mountain cycles Rumble S1 Dirt Jumper

06 Kona Dr. Dew

86 Lemond Roadie

05 Santa Cruz Nomad

I have a small bike store...

timpossible

Chimp
Dec 2, 2005
richmond va
live in the fan of rva, ride either an old bianchi rigid singlespeed, fuji track bike, or some weird old vintage anomoly, work at cobblestone bikes in chesterfield.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Jason Reckner
I freeride and trail ride
current bikes are Yeti asx and Santa Cruz heckler
31 and live in bristow va
new to the area and need some freeride places

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
name- Justin
location-Pittsburgh PA and BeaverFalls PA
ride- 05 Gemini DH
style-DH/FR
where i ride-local private trails, snowshoe,wisp.

I started riding last year, got some sponsors for this year. Looking forward to the race season this year. Racing my 2005 cannondale gemini dh and will either be in sport or expert class, I have not decided yet.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
Im Charlie I live in Cville I ride an 03 vt2 w/ maxiss mobster tires and an 05 mountain cycle 9.5 with everything good ever on it. I ride O-hill, walnut creek, uva grounds, secret spot, wintergreeen, outer space, snowshoe, secret stuff

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
this is just a way for you to find out what I look like, well your not going to get a picture of me.

but you all know where i live, you all know i am the hardcore rider of coldsprings, and tunnel, and you all know wht my ride looks like:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
"So here is a new one. Who are you? Where do you live? and what do you ride? and how old are you?"

My name is Rich and I recently moved to Waynesboro, VA. from C'ville. I just picked up a '05 Ellsworth Distance. '05 Manitou Minute 1:00 fork, Geax tires (blade front, sturdy rear).

I'm 26 yrs. old

Post a pic of yourself: No pic with me here at work, maybe add one later.

Favorite local spots to ride: Sherando/Big Levels, Walnut Creek, Carvin's Cove, Douthat, Reddish

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
aloha, names Tim am in va beach, currently riding a Gary Fisher Sugar 293 , a rockhopper that I'm building back up for dirt jumpimg so that I don't have to bring my old BMX bike out to Ipswitch every weekend, it needs a serious rest!