Quantcast

The New Ridemonkey

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
While I was reading some posts and messing around I realized I had forgot all about the old monkey. I have grown to accept and rather like the new site. Has everyone else adapted to the new RM?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I like it a lot better now that I'm using FireFox as a browser. For some reason IE was a freekin' dog loading RM. I'd click on a thread and then minimize it for a while to do something else and come back to it just finishing the loading. FireFox is definitely mo'bettah!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BMXman said:
I still don't like the picture posting format....I have stopped since apparantly I'm way over my limit...D
word. i had to delete a bunch of pics not knowing that they were going to be deleted from the threads and many of those pics i did not have a back-up of cause i dont own a computer. that is the only thing that annoys me.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well I have some new things in the works still - just takes a while since I have a full time job too.

Almost ready: user galleries. I think these will have a 4mb quota for each user and will automatically create the bb code used to display images in threads - so that will help with the attachment situation.

The biggest problem with having huge amounts of data is backing it up. Having 100 GB of data on a server is not too expensive, but backing up that data is very expensive. I suppose I could just backup the database with the posts, threads, user accounts etc, and let the photos be at risk.

Anyway, I do listen to feedback - it just takes a while to work on this stuff.

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
Well I have some new things in the works still - just takes a while since I have a full time job too.

Almost ready: user galleries. I think these will have a 4mb quota for each user and will automatically create the bb code used to display images in threads - so that will help with the attachment situation.

The biggest problem with having huge amounts of data is backing it up. Having 100 GB of data on a server is not too expensive, but backing up that data is very expensive. I suppose I could just backup the database with the posts, threads, user accounts etc, and let the photos be at risk.

Anyway, I do listen to feedback - it just takes a while to work on this stuff.

Cool on the gallery. I would think that many would support if need be. I am a supporter on MoJo which gives me some extra functions. I know you try to keep it free but if we continue to whine maybe it'll help.

BTW - thanks for giving us a place to screw around. :thumb:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
chicodude01 said:
sounds good.:thumb:

:think:still not sure about the thumbnails:think:
It would be nice if the thumbs opened in the same window so you could just go back instead of having to close the window.

Good job on the upgrade and the coming photo section.