Quantcast

the next level...

Gnarshmellow

Lil' Thniper
Apr 11, 2010
Bellingham Wa
What the **** is the point of riding dirt on a BMX bike..why dont u just get a DJ..their just as light but u get a lil bit of cushon..dont get me wrong..that stuff in the vid is helluh sick but still..whats the point

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
What the **** is the point of riding dirt on a BMX bike..why dont u just get a DJ..their just as light but u get a lil bit of cushon..dont get me wrong..that stuff in the vid is helluh sick but still..whats the point
That type of riding has been around longer then suspension. Clearly, many people don't need or want suspension.

The point is to get rad.

sealclubber

Monkey
Nov 21, 2007
riding was awesome, but the filming/editing was INCREDIBLE. that low-shot cockeyed manual at 1:57 just made me itch

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
roanoke va
call me crazy but flatland never does much for me. it just looks awkward and i don't know how some guys didn't fall over dizzy after their runs. the guys that kept some momentum and and stayed more in the cockpit looked better then slow, jerky movements and climbing all over the bike, IMO. and is a manual to T-whip really that crazy?
not to be a total negative nancy, this was the first flatland vid i watched all the way trough. definitely lots of skills there.

Rideforfun

Monkey
Nov 23, 2009
call me crazy but flatland never does much for me. it just looks awkward and i don't know how some guys didn't fall over dizzy after their runs. the guys that kept some momentum and and stayed more in the cockpit looked better then slow, jerky movements and climbing all over the bike, IMO. and is a manual to T-whip really that crazy?
not to be a total negative nancy, this was the first flatland vid i watched all the way trough. definitely lots of skills there.
Flatland hasn't ever really done anything for me either. The riders get props for their skills, sure. But I just don't enjoy watching it.

This maybe a repost. . . I wouldn't have the nutz to hit the booter at about the 2 minute mark but it looks like sooo much fun, biggggg assss hip ;)

http://vimeo.com/10052976
Yea, I've seen that but I'm not sure if its been posted. Sick vid.

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK

...exactly how I feel watching trail videos. I can only watch minor variations on leaning the frame left or right with a 360 or barspin randomly thrown in for so long...flowing around is fun and all but boring as hell for me to watch.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
...exactly how I feel watching trail videos. I can only watch minor variations on leaning the frame left or right with a 360 or barspin randomly thrown in for so long...flowing around is fun and all but boring as hell for me to watch.
Haha, you guys are cracking me up. I have zero balance so flat land is out for me and I'm a dead sailor on trails....

But I still get off on watching Terry Adams killing it or Chase floating some huge jumps doing nothing but some motos. I guess it's the appreciation of seeing someone rock a genre of bmx that I can't begin to do.

When it comes to street I get off just the same but it's relating to ish I do or learning to do. Don't get me wrong tho I'm sure you guys appreciate their skill

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Flatland hasn't ever really done anything for me either. The riders get props for their skills, sure. But I just don't enjoy watching it.

. . . .

usually, flatland is something you have to do yourself, in order to enjoy watching.

that said, some riders have some classic style that even non-flatlanders get stoked on.

chase gouin was one of them.

also, jesse puente, with his breakdance style was/is always good to watch:

and one of my other favorite mid-school riders (flat and street) Bobby Fisher:

Last edited:

BIGSTIXXX

Chimp
Mar 18, 2010
austin
usually, flatland is something you have to do yourself, in order to enjoy watching.

that said, some riders have some classic style that even non-flatlanders get stoked on.

chase gouin was one of them.

also, jesse puente, with his breakdance style was/is always good to watch:

and one of my other favorite mid-school riders (flat and street) Bobby Fisher:
kinda like golf, hard to watch for long unless you realized how hard it is to play at the pro level....

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
i knew this actor/rider (joel moody) when he was a grom at 9th street. (you may remember him from some trend/empire videos as well). . . . go joel !

ACCELERATE - The BMX Movie