Quantcast

the next level...

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
Don't get me wrong, I respect the skill it takes to ride street well, it just doesn't have the flow and fun factor of sick trails.
i get your point and these days I'm more into flowy trails than into hard street myself, but still: for me not one of the moves in the red bull video comes even close to the insanity of stuff like that rail drop.

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
Y'know, if Danny decided to dump his spins (not learned, decided), no-one would ever call him a trials rider like it's a bad thing. That video was retarded. I really hope it motivates more people to run front brakes.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Even though I prefer jumps and dirt to street, I'd watch that trials video all day long over the red bull vid.
The WOW factor and brute skills, and creative lines that Mac displays are just awesome.
Plus, I have no hangups about wheels size or bike setups. They're all good.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
man, I just watched that video again, couldn't get it out of my mind, it's fantastic. Also the editing is way above average, it pleases me the editor obviously spent lots of time syncing video to audio, eg match landing tricks nicely with the flow of the music.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
what's with those trials frames? are they really short or something? why are the stems Soooo long?

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
The comparison is inevitable, but at the end of the day it's cool to see another branch of street make a resurgence, and awesome to see people realize trials bikes make a damn fine platform for street.

He may not be as ridiculously over-skilled, but the video was sick and hopefully this will prompt more people to think over their style and set-up rather than letting the internet think for them.

The barspin halfcab was so unexpected. Bet you didn't see that coming either.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Yeah, don't get me wrong that dude tears it up.... I wouldn't say he's "next level" yet though.
I wish more people around here actually had trials bikes, I wouldn't mind trying one out.

S4Sean

Chimp
Apr 30, 2008
Yeah, don't get me wrong that dude tears it up.... I wouldn't say he's "next level" yet though.
I wish more people around here actually had trials bikes, I wouldn't mind trying one out.
my buddy built one last year and rode it a ton and The one time I played with it for an hour I was bored.
Its definitely not easy to do and not that fun to me.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
Has this been posted? I've been out of here for a bit.

Every time I think our jumps are getting big... I'm humbled by the thought of Cam White's trails. I've seen footage of these before, but this really shows how MASSIVE they are. I want some.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
That Cam White vid is nutso Cru. Looks like the pics Dank posts. Any idea of the gapper on that one set? 35-40ft? Jeeezz

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
That Cam White vid is nutso Cru. Looks like the pics Dank posts. Any idea of the gapper on that one set? 35-40ft? Jeeezz
It's crazy. Yeah, I'm guessing 35 to 40. But, it's not only that... they're STEEP, too!! It's like the steep dubs we make in the 15 to 25 foot range, but super sized. There's nothing close to that in california. There's a spot in SD with gaps that are close, but not nearly as steep.