Quantcast

The official (3rd round) jersey and SOCK ordering thread - UPDATED first post

The deadline for orders is Sunday August 17, 2008. If I remember correctly, once the order goes in, it takes about 8 weeks for the jerseys to be shipped to me. I will confirm with Verge.

We will order XC and short sleeve DH type Jerseys. Click on the links above to go to Verge's website and view the styles - XC is called "classic short sleeve" and the short sleeve DH is called "Extreme Freeride."

The price is $70 each and that includes sales tax and shipping for up to 2 jerseys.

Shipping/Handling
Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail. Shipping and handling for up to 2 jerseys is included in the $70. For 3-4 jerseys please add $4.00 to your order total. “Handling” in this case is the @$#%! PayPal fee.

Shipping charges outside of the US will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.

Discounts
If we get more than 50 orders for either jersey, the price of that jersey will drop. Because we are ordering 2 different types of jerseys, the quantity price break on one does not apply to the other. It is unlikely we will hit that mark, but if we do, I'll refund some money to reflect the discount.

The default for the XC jersey is Sport Cut. A Women’s Cut or Racer Cut is available, but Verge requires a minimum of 6 orders to deliver a different cut. If we don’t get at least 6, you get a Sport Cut.

Socks are new for RM and will be $8.00 per pair shipped. The price is the same with or without a jersey order. They can also be seen on verge's website under "regular cuff" socks.

To order, email me:
Name
RM Screen name
Email address

Jerseys:
Quantity
Style (XC or DH)
Size

Socks:
Quantity
Size

MAILING ADDRESS - or be sure to include it in your PAYPAL.

Payment must be made at the time the order is placed with me. Paypal is preferred. PM me for alternative payments. You can send everything to mtnbikerchk@hotmail.com

Verge will send the jerseys to me and as soon as I receive them, I'll put them in the mail to you.

Sizes
XC jerseys are available in XS-3XL
Race cut is designed to fit closely to both men and women with a slim and trim physique.
Sport cut is a more relaxed fit for serious riders that don’t have the slim physique of a pro racer.
Women’s cut specifically fits women’s contours. Slimmer women may prefer the race cut and women with a larger frame may prefer the sport cut.

Sizes can be viewed on Verge's website here.

FYI:

I’m 5’2.5”, and wear a women's size medium top in most items. The sport cut medium XC jersey was too big to wear and I sold mine to Squeak. I now own a small that fits comfortably. I'm sure other people can tell you what they ordered and how it fit them.

xc Jersey

I do not have a pic of the other jersey or socks that we are ordering because they are completely new for us - however, the design for the jersey will be the same. The design for socks has not been finalized yet.

Oh and we need a minimum of 12 (total) to reorder so get ordering. You've got 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Please note - sock sizes are limited so if you are thinking about ordering socks, better do it soon!

Update 8/13 - only 5 pairs of large socks remaining!

Last edited:

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Can we get full zip on racer cuts??? Pretty please. I would want two myself, perhaps one for Julie as well.

I don't want to make this a 20 questions deal and be a pain in the ass, but not having a full zip is part of what keeps me out of my RM jersey most days. It really makes that big of a difference here in TX with the heat and my sweat.

Thanks for heading this up, MBC.

Can we get full zip on racer cuts??? Pretty please. I would want two myself, perhaps one for Julie as well.

I don't want to make this a 20 questions deal and be a pain in the ass, but not having a full zip is part of what keeps me out of my RM jersey most days. It really makes that big of a difference here in TX with the heat and my sweat.

short answer: NO.

I'd say "maybe next time" but I really don't think there would be that big of a draw for full zip. Gotta go with the majority.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

Just keep your big salami nipples to yourself please.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i didnt know salami's had nipples... or is that a slam on Loco cause he may be Italian?

as far as the shirts go, how good are the DH jerseys to use as say an early season long sleeve for either road or XC? i know it'll probably be loose but i dont care about aerodynamics, just being warm and comfortable. also, how does the sizes run? does Verge run on the small or large size?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
as far as the shirts go, how good are the DH jerseys to use as say an early season long sleeve for either road or XC? i know it'll probably be loose but i dont care about aerodynamics, just being warm and comfortable. also, how does the sizes run? does Verge run on the small or large size?
jersey sizing...

My large XC is great...just a tad loose, which is how I like my jerseys. My long sleeve DH is a large and is a tad big. I love it for early/late season riding. I am 5'11" and have a lean build. If I were to order a short sleeve DH, I'd get a large.

I'd say Verge runs on the "fits correctly" size.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
another jersey couldn't hurt. and who can so no to a pair of socks or two . I will send in my order when I get home. and thanks for doing this again

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
2 pairs of socks for me!

Do you need the paypal right now? (Yes confused on if its when order is placed or immediately)

Edit : I just sent it anyway. :)

Last edited:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
ooooh!

I need socks, can't find any here that fit. Not even close.
And Verge socks are nice, I have a couple other sets from them...

Size 13 Monkeysocks.

Quantity discounts?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That'll be great! I'll wait for the "final" design.

toby
I doubt a picture of the final design will be available before the order is placed. The socks will contain black and green colors with the monkey logo, similar to the jerseys. It's not like they'll be pink with flashing lights on them. If you wait to see a final design before ordering, you may miss out. They're eight dollar socks, man...it's not like you're making a huge investment here. :D

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
email sent with payment!

Sock order 2 pairs size large

Last edited:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'll take 5 pairs of XL socks.
Let me know how much extra it is for shipping to me on the far side of nowhere, and I'll paypal asap.