Quantcast

The official Folsom MTB park session thread !

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
After talking with MorethanJake and Conundrum 1 this weekend at CHDH we decided it would be a good idea to have a official when you planning on seasoning the Folsom bike park thread .
Just post up here when your planning on hitting the park , so e can get some good sessions going !

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
ok I'll start this one off .

I'm going out to ride the park today( monday april 23rd ) around 4:00 pm

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
4/26
i'll see if i can get there tonight. be there by 5:30ish
Ahhhhh this sucks the one day this week I dont go ride and there's session F-ing hell !!!

Well Kris ( Dukes of Tahoe ) and I will be at the park today around 3:30 when they open , so come out and get your session on !!!

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
who's down for hitting the park today? i could go for a session this afternoon. what time do they open up? 1? i might be there sometime after 2 or so.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
who's down for hitting the park today? i could go for a session this afternoon. what time do they open up? 1? i might be there sometime after 2 or so.
Nice !! try to get some pic's

I didnt make it out yesterday ... ate some bad chipotle and got REALLY sick like 2min after eating it :shocked:

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
had fun. was there for over an hour and a half. started out with me and another rider who said he rode his DH bike all the way from Arco Arena area just to ride the park. within 10 minutes there were about 20 people there, the place was packed, it was awesome to see it so busy. i'll be hitting the park a few times this week so keep a look out for posts.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I really had no idea where Folsom is and damn. I just mapquest'ed directions to there and its pretty far away. It says its 3 hours away. I might be willing to make a weekend trip out there. Looks like a lot of fun. Any more pictures?

urble

Chimp
Aug 28, 2006
monterey/folsom
my mom lives like right next to that place (like quite literally). i rode by it and saw it was closed, but this coming weekend i head out there and have a look.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Good session tonight ! yes I said tonight as I got out to the park around 5:30 and stayed untill it closed at 9:00 !!!!

I also did some "landscapeing " to the base of the wall ride and a few other areas that needed some help.

Get out to the MTB park in folsom this weekend , it gonna be a epic session !!! This past rain did us good !

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
what kinda stuff is at this said park?
im up in redding but i might be able to cruise down some weekend to check it out

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
sunday is auburn day. unless it's in the late afternoon. or if it's this afternoon, that would work. the bike park is awesome but i wouldn't skip auburn shuttles for it. but going to the park afterwards would be fun.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
sunday is auburn day. unless it's in the late afternoon. or if it's this afternoon, that would work. the bike park is awesome but i wouldn't skip auburn shuttles for it. but going to the park afterwards would be fun.
That's a good plan. While I could session that place all day, I'd definitely get a little burnt out after an hour or so. Let's hit it up after shuttles.

PS: Kyle dropped out. So did Andrew. I have another kid who's coming, though. Shuttling will still work, except he'll be switching off on my bike. That means you'll get to ride twice as much. Good thing? Don't let all of that pedaling get to you! ;)

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
That's a good plan. While I could session that place all day, I'd definitely get a little burnt out after an hour or so. Let's hit it up after shuttles.

PS: Kyle dropped out. So did Andrew. I have another kid who's coming, though. Shuttling will still work, except he'll be switching off on my bike. That means you'll get to ride twice as much. Good thing? Don't let all of that pedaling get to you! ;)
Hey let's get back on topic here guys , start your own thread for your drop runs , or jsut man up and ride to the top like I do :disgust:

Well I got the photo lip all polished off tonight so the session is on for tomarrow !!!
Kris remember to show up early the park closes at 6:00
and were hitting up Ruby Tuesday's afterard for burgers !!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
We were there around 2:30 through 3:30. . . give or take fifteen minutes either way.

I ended up being a hack and bent a crank arm and Dave (FREERDR4LF) ended up snapping a chain. Oh well, at least the wall ride seemed smooth today. And, not to mention, there are a few fun lines onto and off the starting mound. Yay!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
We were there around 2:30 through 3:30. . . give or take fifteen minutes either way.

I ended up being a hack and bent a crank arm and Dave (FREERDR4LF) ended up snapping a chain. Oh well, at least the wall ride seemed smooth today. And, not to mention, there are a few fun lines onto and off the starting mound. Yay!
That really funny we must have jsut missed you , Kris showed up to my house at around 3:30 and I was still rebuilding my fork .
So we might have got out there at around 4:00 or so .

Yea the new lip on the wall ride is much smoother , I also built a new tabletop lip that Kris was launching into the wall .

The starting hill isnt exactly were I want it to be but the new hips are fun !!

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
Is the folsom mtn bike park fun on a 7" fully or is it best enjoyed on a hard tail. I only own the former...just checking out if it is worth the drive.

That wall ride looks sweeeet.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
i gota give brad props on the work he's been doing out there. that lip into the wall was so perfect. it made a hack like me able to launch into it. night session tomorrow or tuesday?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Is the folsom mtn bike park fun on a 7" fully or is it best enjoyed on a hard tail. I only own the former...just checking out if it is worth the drive.

That wall ride looks sweeeet.
I'v seen some people on big bikes there , seen kids on brakeless bmx's , DJ kids on hradtails , baller bike company owners rolling up with 2 differnt slopestyle bikes :shocked: , little kids on 16" , kids on bikes from walmart etc just come out and ride what you got .