Quantcast

The official "how awesome biketoberjam was" thread

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Biketoberjam was amazing. Gigantic props to Mike Hartlove and the rest of the guys that helped get the event together. It couldn't have been a better day of racing.

The track was superb, and that damn sponsorhouse turn made for some gnarly racing action (dave I'm looking at you :busted:).

Post pictures here!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Heh heh, yeah, that was fun, Dan. At least the guy that I ran over, went on to place third. Congrats! Even funner was hopping on a plane on a cramped plane to San Diego this moring. God I'm sore.

I'll try to get a picture of my number plate with your tire track across it. (You know it was a good race when you have tire tracks across your number plates). Yee Haw.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
You did not want people to show up?earlier post said CANCELLED>WTF
Crazy how this internet forum thing works. You see, you read the topic name, then you click the link if it so happens to peak your interest. Then, once the next page loads, you read the content of the post. Fascinating stuff really.

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Anyone get pics of Rob or Kristin? Both TFK kids.

Does anyone know why Racer's Edge decided not to go deeper prize wise in the Beginner and Sport classes? I heard they went three deep in Pro and Expert, but sort of left the other classes out in the cold.

Might want to consider that sometimes a little recognition keeps those racers, who constitute a larger body then pros and experts, coming back next year. Just a thought.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland

Does anyone know why Racer's Edge decided not to go deeper prize wise in the Beginner and Sport classes? I heard they went three deep in Pro and Expert, but sort of left the other classes out in the cold.

Might want to consider that sometimes a little recognition keeps those racers, who constitute a larger body then pros and experts, coming back next year. Just a thought.
Yeah. I was kind of disappointed, I placed second overall for my class in the Capital Cup, but I got nothing. Just having my name read at the end prize thingy would have been nice. I can't complain though, I got a damn season pass to wisp :clapping:

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
I got the impression a lot of people were disappointed, and some were outright pissed off. Good season, had a lot of fun, but sort of a crap way to finish it.

Jul 13, 2006
Baltimore County
Hey y'all
My pictures will be available right soon. Keep checking http://racersedgeonline.com for the links. Normally I'd just wait and let you know when the links are up, but I'm headed out of town for a few days with limited internet access. Again, please leave the copyright notice on the image when you post them places. Thanks.
Nick

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.

We dug deep into our pockets to deliver what we did. The biggest classes were awarded three deep - those were mostly the pro and expert classes. With a little more help we'll continue to grow the entire program. suggestions welcome!

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
Links to Official photos, from Nick McIntosh, will be available at www.racersedgeonline.com by Wed. if not we'll post a link here. EWB has a full-time job too/

To all the haters - my suggestion is to do something to better the cause, not hinder it! In the mean time I'll keep doing the best I can - That's all I can promise.

Hope all who attended had fun, see you next year!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
We dug deep into our pockets to deliver what we did.
The only prize I need is to hear you guys trying to pronounce my last name. Thanks again for all the work you guys did. If you ever need any help setting stuff up, raking stuff out, or doing little stuff at events, please let me know, I'm only 15 minutes down belfast. Hell, I'll even try to get Dustin to show up on time :imstupid:

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Not trying to hate, trying to relay the disappointment I heard about from the event. Take it as constructive criticism.

Would it have broken the bank to print out some paper awards from your computer? Its a lot like your birthday, its not always about the gift, but the thought behind it.

Just a thought.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Not trying to hate, trying to relay the disappointment I heard about from the event. Take it as constructive criticism.

Would it have broken the bank to print out some paper awards from your computer? Its a lot like your birthday, its not always about the gift, but the thought behind it.

Just a thought.
Why should everyone be given a prize? Seriously what the hell is the point in going any deeper? Lets take the womens class for example There were only two women....to me there is a clear cut winner and loser...the Winner should be awarded something and the loser shouldnt. In all seriousness if you are really that worried about winning prizes or getting a pat on the back then either dig into your own pocket and donate some swag or learn to be faster.....if you win you are going to get something....if you dont well then honestly do you really deserve to? I used to think prizes were all that but after getting jacked up at the last wisp race and racing anyway it made me appreciate just having a series to race in regardless of the prizes. Sorry and I hate to say it but it sounds to me like the whole Team Fat Kids are the only ones whining, which if memory serves me correctly isnt that far from the norm with that team. Hell one of the guys got pissed at me at one of the wisp races for not telling him what lines I was taking racing dual and then got all pissy when he got beat. Point is race because you love it and not for what you can get out of it. Otherwise like an old wise man I work with told me...Race because you want to not for the prizes otherwise you will probably be dissapointed!....He is a very wise and old man!
Adam

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
1. Not sure which of my fat kids you're talking about, but we can deal with that in just about any way you'd like to.

2. I am very happy that you feel that way. Funny thing about feelings, they're a lot like opinions, and it seems like every asshole has one.

3. Our sport is small, and even with as well as the MAC and Gravity East did, we're in a real losing game. Finding cheap, minor ways to keep people in the sport is in all of our best interests. Printing out an "award" would cost all of what, $.02, but for some beginner or beat down sport class winner, it might make a world of difference in keeping them coming back next year.

In conclusion, I am real happy that some have gone "more hardcore then thou" but I hate to be the bright white light of reason; you alone cannot sustain the series, the sport or the "tribe." We need to find ways to keep people coming back, and the Virginia/Maryland scene is not one that I can say in good faith would be one that keeps people coming back for more. Between the overtones of Jeebus at the races, and the "racer bois" I can see more people hemorrhaging into just "riding" as opposed to "racing" or finding something else to do with their hard earned coin.