Quantcast

The Otter!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... Brett.

Men's Sport, 25-whatever.

I turn 25 later this year, so I got bumped up an age bracket. Maybe I'll actually do well now. That and riding platform pedals should help.

*bling bling*

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
DH Sport 19 to whatever.

I hope I dont crash this year on the road. I stacked on the little drop onto the road after the hip jump. My back tire stopped in the mud and put me over the bars onto the road. Goodtimes.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Pro DH and DS. Hopefully it's not a mud bog this year...
Best of luck man! Its cool to see a local doing so well in pro.

I think I met you at the first CCCX race this year. Hanging out with Justin Frey, Todd/Scott, and a few other guys under the Monster easy up.

MTBTHIS

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
Dub C
Pro DH and DS. Hopefully it's not a mud bog this year...
yea good luck. as for the mud part, hopefully, sea otter will always be sea otter rain or shine. The Weather Channel Monthly forecast says it'll be pretty nice.... all we can do it hope. . . :wait:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Senior Heckler...

You gonna' be at El Toro this weekend?
Of course. Ready to have my ass handed to myself again. I am hitting up every race I can this next month.

- CCCX Race #3 - Sunday April 1st 12:00pm - Salinas CA
- Seaotter Classic - Saturday April 14th 10:00am - Monterey CA
- CHDH Downhill Race #1 - Sunday April 22nd - Livermore CA
- Firestone Classic - Saturday April 28th 12:00pm - Santa Barbara CA

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Of course. Ready to have my ass handed to myself again. I am hitting up every race I can this next month.

- CCCX Race #3 - Sunday April 1st 12:00pm - Salinas CA
- Seaotter Classic - Saturday April 14th 10:00am - Monterey CA
- CHDH Downhill Race #1 - Sunday April 22nd - Livermore CA
- Firestone Classic - Saturday April 28th 12:00pm - Santa Barbara CA
Haha... you're a heck of a lot faster than I am. I just hope that on the flats, I don't bonk out like at the last race. CCCX DH #1 I was in terrible shape, and when I hit the bottom flat section I tired too quickly.

I'll be at CCCX and the Otter. I'm broke, so those races are testing my financial limits as is.

On the bright side, I've got new brake pads and a new fork. Hopefully that'll help me out a little.

We'll be there this weekend. Look for my truck with all the God-awful stickers on the back. Haha...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I havent been up to Sand Hill yet. It looks like a lot of fun, but I think its kind of far.

What was your time on the last cccx race again? Mine was 6.20.30. I was so beat at the first pedaling section. I'm not fast. haha

I really hope I will be in good shape for the Sea Otter. I have been riding my cx bike a lot more on my lunches. Hopefully it will make a difference.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I didn't make it to the last CCCX "DH" (if you could call it that) race. I was in Tahoe sittin' on my butt relaxin'.

My time at the first race was really bad. Mistakes I made consisted of: completely worn down brake pads, walking up the hill a total of three times, wearing pants, riding my Mallets, and forgetting to eat lunch. I think I came in with like a 3:49 or something. It was depressing.

I've been pushing myself more and more on my bike recently, so we'll see if I can pull this all together and have some fun.

DraVen

Chimp
Jul 2, 2006
Sac.
Total Heckler

DH Sport 19 to whatever.

I hope I dont crash this year on the road. I stacked on the little drop onto the road after the hip jump. My back tire stopped in the mud and put me over the bars onto the road. Goodtimes.
wow i hit the same spot on my Hardtail last year and cracked a rib.. with armor on....

oh and im racing beg dh 19-25. im a noob so ill stay with beg class....

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah screw that spot last year. I do not plan on doing that again this year. I'm lucky i got away with lots of scrapes/road rash. I also scratched the hell out of my new helmet on that crash. I love full face helmets.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I remember that drop on the DH course last year.

I didn't know it was coming, so I just had to plow through it and drop it. It scared the hell out of me, but I was moving fast enough to not realize it was up and coming.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Excellent.

I'll be 24 at the race, but turn 25 later on... so I have to race in the 25-29 category.

Does that mean I get to practice with the 19-24, and the 25-29?

:-)