Quantcast

"The P.O.W. House" -- tales of early 90's S&M dirtbaggery.....

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Anyone else notice that all those dudes look like they're actually having fun? It seems to me everyone takes riding waaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously now aday's.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
this reminds me of **** I did in rochester. Minus the unemployed part, and the speed/crystal meth part. oh and making money from riding bikes. that never happened. I kept riding though.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I've seen that POW story from Mad Dog a little while ago. It's always worth a re-read.

Those vids are pure gems. I wish I had the movie on VHS of course.

I remember first seeing Clymer at a NBL National @ Woodward. The dude was 100% fucin' nutso. Jumping off the high board into the pool and trying to get as close to the coping as possible. Jumping over haybays in a corner to pass people. Hitting a little jump 10x faster than everyone else and just exploding on the landing. Hair dyed bright red.

That song is the same one Moeller used in BMX Inferno which is kinda funny. He was (and I'm sure still) a great rider. Smooth, fast and pretty bananas.

A bit has changed - the trails is a big one. I remember trails just being some dirt piles and pedaling like mad and just hucking it. Bike setup another - I don't know which is worse - high seats and Chicago bars or low seats and normal angle bars. Moeller's cut-off's and bright t-shirt uniform can be found on a few riders today.

stino

Monkey
Jul 14, 2002
belgium
Anyone else notice that all those dudes look like they're actually having fun? It seems to me everyone takes riding waaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously now aday's.
2nd
some of the so-called 'fun' parts in videos today have this fake, staged feel like a director told the riders 'now do something fun'
these guys obviously enjoy what they're doing