Quantcast

***The REAL Thursday GMT***

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
:think: Really? Euro symbols? At 11:30 pm the day before?

Rented Hot Tub Time Machine last night. $1 and 2 hours I will never recover. Peeeee-uuuuuuuu what a stinker.

Bananna Nut Cheerios give me gas.

Stop Skrdshtless NOW!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HOORAY for the non-suck GMT!! Rep sent to X3.

'Morning, folks! Just another ho-hum day yesterday. Work, gym, grilling. I'm looking forward to some pedaling this weekend.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Morning y'all! I'm making blueberry waffles and then taking the neighbor for a ride. He said he is going to borrow a bike from his in-laws. I bet it will be Mongoose-a-rific!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin'.
waiting on a call from a client today. should be starting another freelance gig this week. w00tw00t! In the mean time been setting up my etsy store, so if you know anyone who wants a vintage cycling cap made from recycled materials (very green!), a driftwood painting or other driftwood art let me know!

If my client doesnt call I am going fishing today.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Morning y'all! I'm making blueberry waffles and then taking the neighbor for a ride. He said he is going to borrow a bike from his in-laws. I bet it will be Mongoose-a-rific!
Every time I eat pancakes on a Saturday, I think "I am eating pancakes with DAN!". :rofl:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Good morning! The girlfriend started her new job yesterday which means more money and more riding time for me. Double win!

Had a surprisingly good mid-year review yesterday. Got noticed for stepping things up this past year and had the opportunity to air some grievances which were well received and acknowledged by the boss man. Hopefully things will turn around in that department.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
THis week has sucked so far for me...hope today will be better. Going to sneak out of work early (Because the Man owes me...) and play some beer league hockey tonight.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
kinda finished my Kurt Vile interview last night, but I need to tighten it up and write a better intro...

today is Friday for me! heading out to western mass for the Wilco-curated Solid Sound Festival, which should be a lot of fun.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning, monkeys!

Yesterday I had my follow up with my doc. Last visit (3 weeks ago) I had an elevated heart rate, so he ordered a bunch of tests and even got some chest xrays. Turns out I haven't been drinking enough water. The xrays looked great, blood work came back perfect, and as of today, I reached my goal weight of 220lbs. I was 292 when my dad passes in February and I had to buy a size 44 pants for the funeral. I am now wearing a 36 much more appropriate.

My daughters test results came back and what we feared was confirmed. Maddie has celiac disease, same as the wife. So we spent about 2 hours mourning muffins, churros, Fruit Loops, and anything else she loves that she can no longer have. I spent a few hours pulling recipes for gluten free churros, donuts, and anything else that isn't available in a gluten free mix. Bob's Red Mill has everything, so that is helpful. Now I need to buy a bread machine because I'm not doing it by hand.

She is in the bottom 5% for size/weight and now we have a good understanding of why. Starting yesterday, no more gluten and hope she recovers and grows a few more inches this year.

Taking the cats to the vet this AM, then field day the house and proceed with the job search and relocation. Oddly enough I had a guy call yesterday about a position here in town making nearly double what I make now. But my daughter has her heart set on going back to Portland. Portland also has many more gluten free options, so that will be good.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's Thursday - that means cruiser ride night. Tonight's theme is caveman/woman. should be a good one.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Sad morning in our house. Mid-ride Sq-Earl noticed a crack in the weld on the top tube of his 575 :( Pictures were taken, e-mail send and now the waiting to see if it can me warrantied/crash-replaced begins.

Meeting up with Melou & Yelo tomorrow and riding Pine Hills Park then they're following me home for a weekend of rides in our area. Any "local" monkeys wanna hook up, just PM me!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
So very tired today. Up @ 3:30am yesterday to sneak a shuttle run in with the local Wed crew @ 5:30. Rode my new Sluggo HT. Then worked all day. Then met up with another friend and did a trail ride with a good amount of climbing, again on the Sluggo. My legs are toast. Have another trail ride and pump track tonight, so trying to HTFU.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Sad morning in our house. Mid-ride Sq-Earl noticed a crack in the weld on the top tube of his 575 :( Pictures were taken, e-mail send and now the waiting to see if it can me warrantied/crash-replaced begins.
Yeti will hook you guys up... they're good people out here. You might want to check in with Full Trucker too - he's pretty familiar with the boys at the Yeti office IIRC.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Morning all. Good news from the machine shop, the head for the motorcycle is not warped. Its being resurfaced as we speak and I should be able to pick it up this afternoon, then its off to BMW (break my wallet) for parts. Going to can some home made relish and prep a leg of lamb to smoke tomorrow as soon as I get everything from the store. :drool:

Last edited:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!