Quantcast

The Red Sox... Damn...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
golgiaparatus said:
I dont even like baseball... but this is some good sports right here. I hope they pull it out, I still think the yanklees are a better team but Im rooting for the underdog :thumb:
I'm a long time redsox fan, but I'm smart enough (or skeptical enough???) to know they are probably NEVER going to beat the yankees. I just wanted a good series... something like last year's ALCS. The first 3 games were very disappointing (ok, game 2 wasn't toooo bad), but these last 2 games have been very good... just the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Plus it helps that the sox won both of them.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
golgiaparatus said:
No SH!t... 12 and 14 innings THats a LOT of baseball though. Like what... 8-10 hours or something :dead:
And they still have to play again tonight:dead: I guess they're lucky its all on the East Coast, imagine if they had to fly out West :eek:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
It wouldn't surprise me if the winner of this series loses the world series. They are gonna be drained emotionally and physically when this is over.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Echo said:
Rochester's minor league hockey team is getting record attendance this year.
That's the thing. Hockey won't die. Maybe the NHL will die, but so what, really? IMO sports would be better off if the money factor were removed. They would again become fun *games* as opposed to big business.

I still probably wouldn't watch, though......

-S.S.-

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SkaredShtles said:
That's the thing. Hockey won't die. Maybe the NHL will die, but so what, really? IMO sports would be better off if the money factor were removed. They would again become fun *games* as opposed to big business.

I still probably wouldn't watch, though......

-S.S.-
What is this lockout you are talking about? Hockey is my favorite sport to watch, is there some crazy thing going on with the NHL right now that I'm not aware of?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
one refreshing aspect of living in ireland was watching the hurling and gaelic football games. the teams are all comprised of amateurs from the various counties, and have day jobs. and they play their hearts out.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
golgiaparatus said:
What is this lockout you are talking about? Hockey is my favorite sport to watch, is there some crazy thing going on with the NHL right now that I'm not aware of?
The NHL didn't have a salary cap, so the owners locked out until the league puts one in.