Quantcast

the redesign of this site a while back. . . . .

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I know it's old news. But, the re-design of this site a while back (a year or two ago or more!?!?) makes me hate it. I used to post regularly, with quality posts.

Ridemonkey used to be better than pinkbike and mtbr. Now it's not.

I wonder how many other people left the site because of the gross look. The banner ads are awful.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I know it's old news. But, the re-design of this site a while back (a year or two ago or more!?!?) makes me hate it. I used to post regularly, with quality posts.

I wonder how many other people left the site because of the gross look. The banner ads are awful.
I think you're wrong. I can prove it...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Banner ads? Whatsssssss banner ads, Precious?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Yes the dj forum died... but dj seems dead anyways. You should see the layer of dust on mine.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you're clearly not getting the ironic, hipster nature of the redesign.also, the prevalent banner ads are obviously a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the pervasiveness of consumer culture. duh.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

i remember when you were hot shit....what happened?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Banner ads? Whatsssssss banner ads, Precious?
I really did just LOL!

I don't like the new formula of Coke.
Do you ever get the name of someone you can't stand? "Share a Coke with Patrick"?? WTF, NOOOOOO thank you! He can HAVE IT! :P

I remember the good old days when this site used to load. I think that was yesterday.
You ALSO made me LOL!

All responses receive an A++ from teh bunny. And I'm important around here. Quality shite sir! You wouldn't know it if it was a banner ad that slapped you in the face! :dirol:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
All the good stuff is shared on the Courtesy Phone which I have been excluded from. I make up for it by posting some really cool shit here. I have never posted here while having wet farts. I usually make it to the bathroom thankfully.....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
All the good stuff is shared on the Courtesy Phone which I have been excluded from. I make up for it by posting some really cool shit here. I have never posted here while having wet farts. I usually make it to the bathroom thankfully.....
Hey man, that chick from India called for you again. She sounded really hostile, kept bitching about the collapse of the local glitter economy. I just hung up on her.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The banner ads are awful.
The banner ads have been exactly the same for years now. Same locations, same layout, same size, same rotation.

If you've got something constructive or specific about the layout besides "it's gross" (which is certainly reasonable as an opinion but isn't something I can actually do anything about), I'd be happy to look into what I can do to improve the functionality of the site.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
The banner ads have been exactly the same for years now. Same locations, same layout, same size, same rotation.

If you've got something constructive or specific about the layout besides "it's gross" (which is certainly reasonable as an opinion but isn't something I can actually do anything about), I'd be happy to look into what I can do to improve the functionality of the site.
I thought there was a lack of truth in that post. The banner ads are pretty much everywhere, no getting away from that--at least these ones don't make noise and interrupt tunes/surprise you in front of teh boss! ;)

The only things wrong are that it doesn't always load and that it skips back up to the top of the page about 15 times whenever I post and try to get back to the bottom of the thread. Annoying? Yes. Keep me away from high quality conversation with some bike-ride-inspiring peeps? Nope. Fix it or don't, get rid of me you won't!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You should not dislike a forum site because of the color of its skin.
What you need to do is get to know each member here on Ridemonkey and
then you can fine actual real reasons to dislike almost everyone here!
Start with Mmike and go from there.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA