Quantcast

The result of my shipping damage claim

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
A while back I had bought a bike from this guy. He shipped it FedEx. When I got it the box had a hole in it, and my frame had a nice ding. Here's a link to the original thred
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88496&highlight=JSB

I had to climb up the ladder to the Executive VP over Ground shipping, because I was getting the run around with the claims department. After all this time I was sent $850 for the damage. Which I'm pretty happy with. We came up with that number because Titus offered me a Crash Warranty Plan, where I would have to send my frame in and the $850 and they will replace my frame with a brand new 04 Racer-X. The process was a total pain in the ars but it paid off. They denied my claim three times. Giving me crap like the package wasn't package properly. Anyway, I thought I'd share the good news. I hate like nothing else when big business tries to run you over.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Cool man, I've heard that persistence pays off with that stuff, they always try to get out of paying for as long as possible.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
that kicks ass.
if everyone knew the kinda folks they have working for Fred Ex, handling pkgs at the hubs, they would prolly go out of buisiness.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Loco will be happy with this thread.

Congrats man.

Indeed - happy I am. Cool on ya. I heard FedEx Ground was the scum of shipping. I couldn't even drop a FedEx Ground package off to return it. They had to schedule a pick up. They apparently contract the drivers. When UPS broke the Dean they were asses until the adjuster came and liked playing with my red heeler. He even told me he should deny the claim. Glad he didn't and glad you got yours through the cracks. :thumb:

dburatti will be glad to hear this as fedex smoked his frame during a trip.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Not sure about FedEx, but UPS uses an independent claims company to cover its sh!t.

They do have a point when it comes to packaging right, you should pack your crap to take a 20 foot drop, thats what they do at the hubs, fragile stickers or not.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
Thanks for the support...There were a few times I almost gave up, but then I would walk out into the garage, see the damage, and get all pissed off again. I'm glad I stood my ground now.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
xbluethunderx said:
Not sure about FedEx, but UPS uses an independent claims company to cover its sh!t.

They do have a point when it comes to packaging right, you should pack your crap to take a 20 foot drop, thats what they do at the hubs, fragile stickers or not.
I can only imagine...

My argument to their claim that it wasn't packaged correctly was this. First they never inspected the packaging, and never requested to see it. They did tell me in their claims procedures to hold all packaging for review if needed. I asked the guy how he knew if it wasn't packaged correctly. His answer was well you didn't send me a picture...I then asked do want a picture? He said uh yes. I then asked was your decline letter your way of asking for a picture? He paused....Uh can you just send me some pictures of the packaging....I responded yes...Then contacted the VP. I was done with that idiot.

A bike shop packaged it...and thank god I kept everything. What ever hit the bike actually left a dented mark in the foam padding too.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Wow, yeah, I saw lots of cases working at UPS where the item was indeed packaged right and still busted, and they will still jerk you around.

Normally, before shipping, they'd make you sign something that said you'd packaged it correctly and that they weren't liable for any damage because of the packaging. Thats only if it was packaged by you. I think in your case you could've gone to the LBS that packaged it and gotten something out of them, but that would be mean, and FedEx sucks anyways :thumb: