Quantcast

The rules

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Weird , because i think wearing a skinsuit to a DH race would be really funny. My buddy who races pro DH routinely goes riding wearing dockers and a business shirt or golf shirt with the sleeves cut off. I have ridden a skatepark before in a Brooks Brothers suit after I got out of an interview awhile back. I dubbed it "classy shredding". And my buddy out in AZ shows up to 24 hr races and even the SSWC wearing either a gorilla suit or a banana suit. It's all about having fun for some of us I guess.
There is a difference between showing up to a race in a skinsuit as a joke and wearing it to gain an aerodynamic advantage. There are people who dress up for the cross races around here as well, and you sure as hell better dress up on Halloween (they throw beer on people who don't). I violate many of the "rules" every time I ride my bike. I even wear full fingered gloves with short sleeve skinsuits which a faux paux in cross :eek:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Rules:

1) Ride whatever fvcking bike you want however the fvck you want wearing whatever the fvck you want. Or don't.

2) See rule number 1 and stop being such a cunt.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
When "rules," real, imagined or whatever, arrive, fun goes out the window...

Although "twatwaffle" is my new favorite insult.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Rules:

1) Ride whatever fvcking bike you want however the fvck you want wearing whatever the fvck you want. Or don't.

2) See rule number 1 and stop being such a cunt.
...must spread rep before giving it to H8R....

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
You think the rules are bad? Check out OREC: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2258201150&v=info

EDIT: Both are quite obviously tongue-in-cheek, while nonetheless nailing many aspects of roadie "culture". Pretty funny if you ask me.
I LOL'd at #14 and the reference to #12:

14. In certain RARE cases, it shall be deemed acceptable to have long hair. In this event, hair shall be neatly slicked back in a severely euro style, and helmet SHALL NOT be worn. It is IMPERATIVE that rule 12 is followed in these special instances.

12. Ridiculously stylish eyewear (see endorsed products list) is to be worn AT ALL TIMES without exception.

EDIT: LMAO!!

38. Team bikes will be built up so that they violate the UCI weight limit in order that weights might be attached to the frame to demonstrate its superiority and lightness.

Last edited:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
You think the rules are bad? Check out OREC: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2258201150&v=info

EDIT: Both are quite obviously tongue-in-cheek, while nonetheless nailing many aspects of roadie "culture". Pretty funny if you ask me.
59. The Euro Cyclist shall own a sizeable parrot and will ensure that he is seen walking around photo shoots with it perched either upon his casually outstretched index finger or upon his shoulder. Hair should be slicked back for maximal effect. The parrot should either be white or it should contain three (3) or more colors found within the World cup stripes. One must always smile when pictured with the parrot. The parrot should speak fluent Italian. In certain cases it is deemed advisable that the Euro Cyclist possess, in place of a parrot, SEVERAL young pumas.

:rofl: