Quantcast

The Start of Something Beautiful

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Frame came in yesterday, some more bits due in today and Monday. Will be a while until it's finished, but hopefully I'll be able to ride it before snow fall. Stay tuned...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Z150 was and still is a sweeeeet fork. Some had steel stear tubes. It doesnt look like that one is steel, though.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I will be running a Funn Hooka FR crank with 22-32-bash setup. I need the bike to pedal up hill a little bit too...:disgust:
May i suggest a 24/38 combo with a E13 Drs instead. Holds great, sets up easy, never drop a chain, which can be an issue on a HT. Even if you stick with the 22/32 th Drs is still a great product to use for FR/DH/Trail Youll like it, Its what i have on my Dirtbag

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
I was planning on the e-thirteen system actually, just haven't coughed up the cash for it yet.

I got the fork on last night. I'm running FSA headtube reducers and an FSA Pig headset. I had the reducers machined down in the center to shave some weight, and had the diameters altered to provide a better fit into the frame and for the headset cups. Feels great.

New stem is on the way, the one is on there just to load the headset.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Does anyone know where I can get new adjustment knobs for the top of the fork? Gold doesn't really do it for me and I don't want to rattle can them. Would rather just have some new anodized ones.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
While waiting for the rest of the parts to show up this week, I decided to get rid of the gold adjuster knobs and change them to purple. Used duplicolor metal cast to get a quasi-anodized look. Happy with the results, I may do a few more accents once it's all together.

It sits in my room taunting me every day. I should have it together by middle of next week.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Almost everything is here. This lot just came in from Ride-This yesterday. As soon as the wheel set is together I'll be in business. Thanks to W00dy for hooking me up with a sweet set of hubs and building the wheels for me. Should be finished by the end of the week or the start of next week.

And a shameless pic of my other new ride which I got yesterday too:monkeydance:

Jun 13, 2007
Israel
Squadra if you don't mind, can you tell us about how much this is costing you ?

And how has it been working out with Fun components ?

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Squadra if you don't mind, can you tell us about how much this is costing you ?

And how has it been working out with Fun components ?
It's costing heaps lol. It should come in around the $2,000.00 mark, maybe +/- $40. The Funn components look fantastic. I obviously haven't had a chance to ride them yet, but as far as fit and finish goes they look great. I've heard nothing but good things, so I don't think they'll let me down. Cost was a big factor, and for the money I'm very happy with them. $30 bucks for the stem, $130 for the cranks with dual rings and bash. And maybe $40 for the seat, so the prices are very reasonable for the quality.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Hard to tell from the picture...is that a B6 A4?? I bought a B5 S4 this past summer with the same RS4 rep wheels on it. Here's a crappy cell phone pic of us shuttling in it:

haha sweet ride. Yeah it's a B6 A4 with the Ultrasport Package, so they're genuine RS4 18's, sport suspension (about 30mm lower and quite a bit stiffer), lighting package, ground effects, aluminum interior trim, etc. etc.

Seeing your car makes me feel alright about hauling bikes around with mine!

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Seeing your car makes me feel alright about hauling bikes around with mine!
Mine is definitely a daily driver - it has even seen it's fair share of food delivery. :busted:

I am currently thinking about getting a hitch rack so that I can carry 5 bikes and 5 people. If you don't have a rack yet, I'd skip on the roof one.

Nice wheels - I'm pretty sure mine are reps but I do have a few other goodies. I had a B5 A4 before this and I loved it but when the turbo blew I bought the S4. If you don't have a chip yet I'd also recommend getting that (assuming you have the 1.8T (or is it 2.0T?).

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Mine is definitely a daily driver - it has even seen it's fair share of food delivery. :busted:

I am currently thinking about getting a hitch rack so that I can carry 5 bikes and 5 people. If you don't have a rack yet, I'd skip on the roof one.

Nice wheels - I'm pretty sure mine are reps but I do have a few other goodies. I had a B5 A4 before this and I loved it but when the turbo blew I bought the S4. If you don't have a chip yet I'd also recommend getting that (assuming you have the 1.8T (or is it 2.0T?).

It's a 1.8, but I don't want to void the warranty just yet lol. Parts for this thing are rediculous, so the warranty is important this time around.

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Definitely get a vag-com and learn how to work on it yourself. You'll save thousands.
I was a race car mechanic in Indianapolis, not my first paper route lol. The vag com and bently are definitely where it's at. This is my 3rd VAG car. I had 2 dubs before this, a turbo 2.0L 8V and a modded VR.

Jun 13, 2007
Israel
hey Squadra what going on with the build im waiting to see it finished man ! i think i might follow your foot steps ive been reading about the vagrant and its got amazing reviews