Quantcast

/~~\the sun should come out and it is a day/~~\

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
First proper mountain ride in a while. Not my best performance. Got stuck.in traffic from the end of a Mariners game baseball is fucking stupid.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
We have fewer rocks and leftover concrete in our back yard now. Next step will be fix the sprinkler system, then get some flagstone for a couple of walkways, then put down some soil, then plant some grass.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I skied

very spring-like. had fun in the morning and on a few afternoon runs with my eldest, who has decided she wants to do the part-alpine, part-just skiing program next year (Discovery). here's her getting some edge angle on my wife's skis that I set up for her for the day.

definitely slushy by 1:30, though.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Practice went super well today. The only thing that she needs to work on was "braking lighter". Otherwise, lines are dialed, speed carry is dialed, acceleration points, dialed. She dropped almost 1sec. from last week, which puts her equally at pace with Nikkos. Her passing slower traffic hesitation was not there today; she was just driving each session like it was a race.

We got some great feedback from one of the top-kids dad. He's part-team, so they are friendly and want to train together. The son won Rotax in Phoenix, so he flies. They wanted to send their daughter out with Haley, because it was nice to finally have another girl in class, and they would be about the same speed as of last year. Haley closed half a lap on her over five. Dad changes his mind and said "Wow! Haley's gotten a lot faster over winter. We should send her and [son] out together. Are you going to Amarillo or Junction (Rotax races)?"

First race is next weekend. Wifey is looking forward to joining us for the race, which might be a first. This has been a really wild couple of weeks with Haley's racing. At the end of the day, it has cemented to Wifey that this is Haley's sport and that damn if she isn't fucking good at it.

On a side note, my hands are fucking killing me from changing tires.